Brazil v. Holland Live Updates & Post Game

Feb 17, 2009
wrong, Van Bommel was always cheating and trying to insult brazilian players in order them to make them nervous. Or course, he has to find solutions to compensate his lack of quality in compare to the speed of Robinho, Fabiano or Kaka !

A good referee would have given him directly a yellow card to prevent that kind of behaviour on the field and eventually a red card, this guy made at least 12 fouls in this game, and all bad fould which were "anti play" fouls.

Even when the referee decision was OBVIOUS, you could see these dutch cheaters asking and shouting that the ball was for them etc ... Is this a behaviour that should be accepted by a good referee ? No !

Robben was worst that Bahreini player, always trying to fall on the groud in order to get a foul, a good referee should have given him a yellow card for cheating.

If you watch the first goal, he CLEARLY jumped over the feet of the defenser and began to grassroll for more than 3 mintues while Van Bommel was trying to push this japanese referee to give a yellow card.

Dutch players were making constently hidden bad fould in order to break the pace of Brazil which was too high for them, cheaters like they are.

IN terme of quality, this dutch team deserves nothing but to be kicked out from WC. It is a shame that such a team and such players like Van Bommel or Robben could cheat and grassroll like that without beeing red carded.

Today, the best team lost and a shit team won without playing football and this is a fair and honest analysis. Shame to dutch team and players, they will be destroyed like shit by Argentina if they can even reach that stage of the competition.
you should be ashamed of yourself, youre saying dutch players deliberately fell on the ground ?

is this also deliberate ?

SHAME ON YOU

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
wrong, Van Bommel was always cheating and trying to insult brazilian players in order them to make them nervous. Or course, he has to find solutions to compensate his lack of quality in compare to the speed of Robinho, Fabiano or Kaka !

A good referee would have given him directly a yellow card to prevent that kind of behaviour on the field and eventually a red card, this guy made at least 12 fouls in this game, and all bad fould which were "anti play" fouls.

Even when the referee decision was OBVIOUS, you could see these dutch cheaters asking and shouting that the ball was for them etc ... Is this a behaviour that should be accepted by a good referee ? No !

Robben was worst that Bahreini player, always trying to fall on the groud in order to get a foul, a good referee should have given him a yellow card for cheating.

If you watch the first goal, he CLEARLY jumped over the feet of the defenser and began to grassroll for more than 3 mintues while Van Bommel was trying to push this japanese referee to give a yellow card.

Dutch players were making constently hidden bad fould in order to break the pace of Brazil which was too high for them, cheaters like they are.

IN terme of quality, this dutch team deserves nothing but to be kicked out from WC. It is a shame that such a team and such players like Van Bommel or Robben could cheat and grassroll like that without beeing red carded.

Today, the best team lost and a shit team won without playing football and this is a fair and honest analysis. Shame to dutch team and players, they will be destroyed like shit by Argentina if they can even reach that stage of the competition.
dude why did u waste so much time and energy writing all this when the word 'bullshit' would've been enough?
My other thoughts on this and other games will come in another thread (tomorrow) ;)

Last edited:

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
????
Team of 74 had style and flair. Team of 2010 is grinding wins by playing an unattractive (though thus far highly effective) game. There's no absolute superstar in this team but they have some extremely good players and therefore it pains me to watch them churn out these sorts of uninspiring performances.

I don't mean to be rude but if you think this team plays anything like the Holland of 74 (or 78 for that matter), you're either too young to have ever seen them play, or you're too old and your memory is playing tricks with you!
seriously Sporthead? You're still criticizing them? Yes, it's not '74, but read everything I said about Holland's 'new style' in the other thread we had a discussion about this..but fine, if u expected amazing football against Brazil as well then there's no discussion ;) Holland proved the new style worked (albeit with some luck), and proved me right and wrong at the same time ;)

romario187

Bench Warmer
Sep 29, 2004
Los Angeles
The referees were horrible. Pure and simple, a decent referee, would've carded Robben for diving so much you'd think he was trying to find a gem on the ground. The korean assistant clearly missed the dive which led to Holland's first goal.

The second goal, was in all reality all Juan's fault, with no one around him, he kicked the ball out, and I knew they would score when it happened, in fact I told my friends that we were going to get scored on. Even Dutch fans who were watching the game with us, agreed that their team was helped by the referees. F. Melo didn't stump on the play rather went for the ball, Robben's started rolling around and got stepped on accidentally, and honestly, they will lose badly to Uruguay.

Germany and Uruguay in the final and I think Uruguay will win it.

Oct 18, 2002
Sydney, Australia
seriously Sporthead? You're still criticizing them? Yes, it's not '74, but read everything I said about Holland's 'new style' in the other thread we had a discussion about this..but fine, if u expected amazing football against Brazil as well then there's no discussion ;) Holland proved the new style worked (albeit with some luck), and proved me right and wrong at the same time ;)
Read the damn post in the context of which it was written! The other guy had compared this team to the team of '74, I simply stated this team plays nothing like the team of '74. Do you have an argument with that??????

Also where did I criticise? I said it pains me to see them churn out uninspiring performances. You're dutch so of course you're inspired! Please continue your celebrations and don't fly off the handle, or atleast read the posts!

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
Read the damn post in the context of which it was written! The other guy had compared this team to the team of '74, I simply stated this team plays nothing like the team of '74. Do you have an argument with that??????

Also where did I criticise? I said it pains me to see them churn out uninspiring performances. You're dutch so of course you're inspired! Please continue your celebrations and don't fly off the handle, or atleast read the posts!
You're right, I'm sorry, it was 5 in the morning when I wrote that :D I actually thought about it afterwards and wanted to correct it but I'd already shut down the computer :D Again, sorry.

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
The referees were horrible. Pure and simple, a decent referee, would've carded Robben for diving so much you'd think he was trying to find a gem on the ground. The korean assistant clearly missed the dive which led to Holland's first goal.

The second goal, was in all reality all Juan's fault, with no one around him, he kicked the ball out, and I knew they would score when it happened, in fact I told my friends that we were going to get scored on. Even Dutch fans who were watching the game with us, agreed that their team was helped by the referees. F. Melo didn't stump on the play rather went for the ball, Robben's started rolling around and got stepped on accidentally, and honestly, they will lose badly to Uruguay.

Germany and Uruguay in the final and I think Uruguay will win it.
U can't possibly say all of the fouls on Robben were dives. Some were, yes, but the Brazilians were clearly going for his legs, knowing how fragile he is. Now saying he dived, fine, but calling the red card 'accidental'?? That was the clearest red card this World Cup. Please, look at it again:
[video=youtube;pqHkE889jN4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqHkE889jN4[/video]
I can't imagine Dutch fans calling that 'accidental'. I can't even imagine Brazilian fans being so biased that they don't see that as a red card. It was a very deserved red card.

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
Btw, when the Brazilians returned to Brazil the fans were furious with Melo and let him know about it. I don't think they would be if they thought the red card was unfair ;) it was a very dirty foul and deserved no less than a red card.

Payandeh Iran

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
F. Melo fould on Robben was accidental. He meant to cause permanent and career ending harm on Robben but he accidentally missed it!!!