Canada closes embassy in Iran and expels Iranian diplomats

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
As if their hold on power is shaky now. Get real, will you?
You might have a different criteria, but in my book an establishment that has to keep 1000s of people with any remote experience in leadership in prison in order to keep the whole nation supressed, witnessed half of its most loyalists turning into its main opposition in 3 years, is watching its economy crash and its currency devalue on a daily basis, , has to use extreme force against ethnic minorities in several regions to ensure territorial integrity, is caught and paralyzed in the beurocratic corruption and ideologic limitations with almost no room to U-turn, is surrounded by hostile neighbors and the military bases of world's strongest army who are not shy of calling for war everyday, is economically sanctioned by major world powers, and is losing its main ally in Syria and economic partners elsewhere is called shaky and nations like Sweden, Canada or Japan are called stable!!!

But honestly, seeing your grasp of reality in your previous posts, it is actually refreshing to see our criteria are not the same!

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
You might have a different criteria, but in my book an establishment that has to keep 1000s of people with any remote experience in leadership in prison in order to keep the whole nation supressed, witnessed half of its most loyalists turning into its main opposition in 3 years, is watching its economy crash and its currency devalue on a daily basis, , has to use extreme force against ethnic minorities in several regions to ensure territorial integrity, is caught and paralyzed in the beurocratic corruption and ideologic limitations with almost no room to U-turn, is surrounded by hostile neighbors and the military bases of world's strongest army who are not shy of calling for war everyday, is economically sanctioned by major world powers, and is losing its main ally in Syria and economic partners elsewhere is called shaky and nations like Sweden, Canada or Japan are called stable!!!
Everything you have said above was also true 30 years ago. They area still here.

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
Great move by the Canadian government. I support it 100% and wish they had done it when Ms.Kazemi ( Rohesh Shad) was savagely tortured and killed in Iranian prison in 2003.
The next step should be to identify ex-regime elements who have migrated here over the years and deport them back to where they came from.

Great Job Mr.Harper ...

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
Everything you have said above was also true 30 years ago. They area still here.
Yes, you got it! 30 years ago was similar but not 10-15 years ago. Also 30 years ago the dynamics in the globaql politics (bipolar) and communication were totally different and Iranian societ, particularly poor were much less literate and blindly supportive of a religous character. So in essense you are comaparing apple with orange and then orange with cucumber to make your case!

Thirty years go IRI was shaky but survived because a charismatic Kohmeinii could untie people behind himself in the event of a foreign attack on Iran and ue the same forces to get rid og his internal opponents. That is why I said IRI is wishing an Israeli attack in my original post (only Israeli alone, a US-led war will have a different and less desirable outcome for mullahs). Yet, unlike 30 years ago, things I said were not the same 10-15 years ago, country was enjoying the most participation of people after 1980, the number of political prisoners were not even close to today's, the 1999 uprising only invloved small factions of students in select universities, regime had worked a generation to ease up ideologic inflexiblities to some extent, enjoyed a healthier relationship with the neighbors, American military was tied up in Iraq and Afghanistan and in fact there was a talk of meetings at highest level between US and Iran, all major Euro powers had very strong econmic partnership with Iran and the theme was dialogue of civilizations not 6+1 sanctions, ....

Fatso

Captain
Oct 1, 2004
Great move by the Canadian government. I support it 100% and wish they had done it when Ms.Kazemi ( Rohesh Shad) was savagely tortured and killed in Iranian prison in 2003.
The next step should be to identify ex-regime elements who have migrated here over the years and deport them back to where they came from.

Great Job Mr.Harper ...
Mr. Harper welcomes these ex-criminals with open arms as long as they have money.

khodam

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Atlanta
The more I think about this, the more weird it looks, particularly the timing of it. Really, I can find no diplomatic justification for what Canada did except kissing Israel's butt which they have made a habit of doing in recent years. I really don't understand why the Canadian government sucks up to Israel so much to the tune of acting pretty much as a puppet? Maybe the rumors that Baird, a not so in the closet politician (not that there is anything wrong with that), has a crush on Netanyahu, are correct after all :)

May 12, 2007
The more I think about this, the more weird it looks, particularly the timing of it. Really, I can find no diplomatic justification for what Canada did except kissing Israel's butt which they have made a habit of doing in recent years. I really don't understand why the Canadian government sucks up to Israel so much to the tune of acting pretty much as a puppet? Maybe the rumors that Baird, a not so in the closet politician (not that there is anything wrong with that), has a crush on Netanyahu, are correct after all :)
Your thoughts sound like Iran's reaction announced today.
But about the timing He says he has been worried about safty of the embasies personal in Tehran. According to him they have been attacked.

Last edited:

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
Walk in any city in Iran and you can smell how safe this government feels they are. Any occasion or half-occasion you'd think it's martial law.
You have obviously haven't walked the streets of Tehran recently. There is NO sense of impending unrest. LA TVs have lost their luster. I did not a see a SINGLE pasdar anywhere. The regime is supremely confident. And the people? Their biggest worry seems to be how long the wait is to get to the top of Borjeh Milad.

spinhead

Elite Member
Oct 24, 2002
United States of Amnesia
I guess to them keeping the Jewish Canadians happy is worth making a huge inconvenience for the Iranian Canadians. One reason given was the "threats of iran to Israel". True that AN and company regularly bad mouth Israel but its does't take a genius to see who is making daily real military threats to whom.

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
^^^
Israel is the real bully and always was, jews control the world and always did in recent history, ...my only question is why in the world Iran and Iranians should confront them. Let Arabs fight them over their land, let citizens in western nations be exploited by the financial institutions owned and operated by international jewery and be happy about it, ...
We have to coexist with Israel, we even may have some symbiotic relationship with them in an Arab-dominated Middle East as we did so beofre the revolution. We don't nearly have the power nor immediate interest to connfront Israel.

May 12, 2007
May I just remind you who the auther of the article is. An arab sympathizer. Being an Iranian I would prefer Israel rule over the world than Arabs.

If israel attacks Iran IRI's financial help to Lebenan and palestine will be justified by Iranian people you would see Hezbollah in Lebenon fires missile to Israeal. We don't know what Iran could do to retalerate but it won't be small damage Israel would get. Iran may even bomb Saudis oil fields.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
Long Live Israel.

As an Iranian I believe our natural friends in the region are Israel, historically, culturally, and every other way you can imagine. It's so obvious that it doesn't even merit a discussion. I never understood Iranians who take an anti Israel stance. In my experience they are brainwashed by 32 years of IR propaganda without realising it. In a way I think of them as IR's own products so it's all the more ironic that they then moan about IR!!!

Any anti-Israel Iranian deserves IR.