Canada completely dominates hockey once again, hockey belongs to canada

Mar 13, 2007
women, men children, seniors,...at any level, cant beat canada

outside US and basketball no other country dominates and owns a sport like canada does hockey

Nov 24, 2002
Well said man ! What a team ! And consider there are so many players like giroux, staal, etc left out of this team

Nov 29, 2002
Well done Canada.

I think the keeper Carey Price is one of our members here on ISP, would be great to hear his experiences of the tournament.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
I'm not trying to dis on hockey, I love watching the Stanley Cup Playoffs and the Olympics but Hockey is only big in certain parts of the world. Canada for sure, the Scandinavian countries, Russia, some parts of the US not everywhere they don't care about hockey in the south or Texas and a few spots here and there. With that said, it's still a great sport I wish I learned how to skate when I was a kid but growing up in LA there really is no need for it. It's also a man's sport so I have a respect for the game and Canada clearly is #1 in hockey.

Mar 13, 2007
I'm not trying to dis on hockey, I love watching the Stanley Cup Playoffs and the Olympics but Hockey is only big in certain parts of the world. Canada for sure, the Scandinavian countries, Russia, some parts of the US not everywhere they don't care about hockey in the south or Texas and a few spots here and there. With that said, it's still a great sport I wish I learned how to skate when I was a kid but growing up in LA there really is no need for it. It's also a man's sport so I have a respect for the game and Canada clearly is #1 in hockey.
ok buddy, this is the same ridiculous argument they make for football, baseball and etc. Who cares how popular a sport is in how many countries specially poor countries who can't afford the sport?! yes soccer is predominantly more popular in poor countries cause its cheap and its easy to play, so what?

As far as i am concerned hockey and football are the two greatest sports in the world requiring the highest level of athleticism and skill. They are also the toughest and most explosive sports and perhaps only basketball players come close to this. it wouldn't matter if it was played in only 2 countries.

Plus as i mentioned if you look at it closely technically hockey is popular in more important countries in world if you wanna put it that way.

Nov 24, 2002
ok buddy, this is the same ridiculous argument they make for football, baseball and etc. Who cares how popular a sport is in how many countries specially poor countries who can't afford the sport?! yes soccer is predominantly more popular in poor countries cause its cheap and its easy to play, so what?

As far as i am concerned hockey and football are the two greatest sports in the world requiring the highest level of athleticism and skill. They are also the toughest and most explosive sports and perhaps only basketball players come close to this. it wouldn't matter if it was played in only 2 countries.

Plus as i mentioned if you look at it closely technically hockey is popular in more important countries in world if you wanna put it that way.
hockey is toughest sport to play as you mentioned, these days if a pro hockey player come to training camp not in very good shape it doesn't take long for the rest to find up , because the young and new generation kids train like animal , which was not the case 20 years ago ! that is not me , this is something many many athletes mentioned it

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Great performance by Canada but overall not a very exciting Olympics for men hockey.
The games were very flat and lacked a lot of goals.
Teams played very conservative and lacked passion in the tournament in my opinion.
The 2010 US team was much more aggressive and had bigger heart than this team.

Mar 13, 2007
Great performance by Canada but overall not a very exciting Olympics for men hockey.
The games were very flat and lacked a lot of goals.
Teams played very conservative and lacked passion in the tournament in my opinion.
The 2010 US team was much more aggressive and had bigger heart than this team.
dude i think it may not have been as exciting looking simply because no one was ever going to touch this canadian team. they gave up 3 goals in 6 games - 2 of them flukes realy and if they had to play another 6 games they probably would give up even less goals. Canada was simply on another planet.

Again the only comparisson i can make is that with US basketball team, if they go on and blow everyone out ina tournament it would look like a boring tourney no?

Iran#1

Bench Warmer
Oct 19, 2002
Montreal
Price is the real MVP of the tournament.

3 GA (New Olympic record)
Shut out two of the top 3 teams.

Real fans know.
after all, he proved he is one the best in the world and put his critics in their place
what was interesting for me was Mr Lou the joke won his second gold medal by doing nothing again

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Hockey is probably the hardest team sport that exists in the World.
Hockey is kind of like boxing of individual sports.

Well done Canada.

maziar95

Elite Member
Oct 20, 2002
Baltimore, MD
Hockey is probably the hardest team sport that exists in the World.
Hockey is kind of like boxing of individual sports.

Well done Canada.
I don't agree there are a lot of sports harder than hockey , wrestling and swimming are just 2 sports I can name . Even in winter sports there a few that are harder than hockey.

Nov 24, 2002
People talk like Canada went to this torunement like underdog and make crazy deal of winning gold medal . This is CANADA which their 3th or 4th team can compete to win gold . specially this year when Finland had almost no one , no Barkov , no Mikko Koivu, No saku , No Filppula , Sweden same look at their attacking line : No Zetterberg, no Franzen , No Backstrom ( in final ) no H.Sedin ! I mean come on you expect Canada lose against these teams LOLL!

Only challenge of Canada was USA game , this was a team that had decent squad on paper .again USA defense was no where close to Canada , put most of Canadians NHL goalis and they could get the job done with such a defense that make PK SUbban as healthy scratch, Luongo won it 4 years a go .so this is a team achievement and as I said defense win you championship . when you get guys like Weber, Doughty, Keith ,Bouwmeester in your D,you have everything it takes to win

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2007
People talk like Canada went to this torunement like underdog and make crazy deal of winning gold medal . This is CANADA which their 3th or 4th team can compete to win gold . specially this year when Finland had almost no one , no Barkov , no Mikko Koivu, No saku , No Filppula , Sweden same look at their attacking line : No Zetterberg, no Franzen , No Backstrom ( in final ) no H.Sedin ! I mean come on you expect Canada lose against these teams LOLL!

Only challenge of Canada was USA game , this was a team that had decent squad on paper .again USA defense was no where close to Canada , put most of Canadians NHL goalis and they could get the job done with such a defense that make PK SUbban as healthy scratch, Luongo won it 4 years a go .so this is a team achievement and as I said defense win you championship . when you get guys like Weber, Doughty, Keith ,Bouwmeester in your D,you have everything it takes to win

True that, but lets face it, as mentioend and as many experts say none of those players would make a bit of difference in the overall outcome. Canada simply had the biggest, fastest, deepest, and probably most skillfull squad by far.

And no not realy was this win a surprise, fully expected by all hockey fans, but we aslo know what happened back in nagano and where wasit 8 years ago too, when canada had the best team on paper specialy that dream team only to lose in semis. you never know with these tourneys and with only 3 games in playoffs anything can happen.

i just cant imagine any canadian hockey team losing to any team out there in any tourney if it was a 7 game series deal like we have in NHL, just not possible, but just 3 games disaster can happen.

Last edited:

Azhidahak

Bench Warmer
May 30, 2005
I must say that one of the reasons I didnt take our (Swedens) loss in the final too hard was mainly because Canada was so dominating that I just had to accept the fact that we didnt loose because we played too bad but because Canada is just way too good.

Mar 13, 2007
this is the list of all hockey tournaments where canadian pros participated to date:

basically canada has lost only 3 tournaments out of 12 world cups to date

1972 Canada - Soviet union...................Summit
1976 Canada - Czechoslovakia........................Canada cup
1981 Soviet Union - Canada .............................Canada cup
1984 Canada - Sweden........................................Canada cup
1987 Canada - Soviet Union ..............................Canada cup
1991 Canada - USA................................................Canada cup
1996 USA - Canada ...............................................World cup
1998 Czech - Russia Olympics
2002 Canada - USA................................................Olympics
2004 Canada - USA................................................world cup
2006 Sweden - Finnland............................................................................Olympics
2010 Canada - USA.................................................Olympics
2014 Canada - Sweden
.............................Olympics

Last edited: