Car Suggestions

Sep 25, 2004
Toronto
I'm looking for a new car, price range around 12-13 grand, I don't want a sedan. A fuel efficient multipurpose vehicle (minivan) or even SUV. how does Mazda5 sound?
As for the year, 2008 above please.

Share any suggestions you have, thanks.

Sep 25, 2004
Toronto
well we're gonna have 2 cars, we already have a civic which is a sedan so I want a more spacey car that's also a little fuel efficient.

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
I can only second that. Go with Volkswagen. I have had all kinds of german cars from BMW to Mercedes and Audi but VW gives you the best engine for that price and those VWs do have some motherfucking tough motors that carry you through thick and thin jikeshoonam dar nemiaad. Even better than Mercedes. Try Tiguan or Touareg.

Last edited by a moderator:

Irani

IPL Player
Oct 19, 2002
Iran (70%), Others (30%)
Having a car ties well with your philosophy about life. As the above posts demonstrate, many Iranians want to have name brand cars. I have chosen an economy car that less pollutes the environment. On top of your list should be car maintenance, car insurance, and gas consumption.

Car maintenance is the most important part of keeping any car. Find a reliable dealership and/or a good mechanic. I am lucky to have known a good mechanic for over ten years. He has helped me to keep my car running over 300,000 kilometers. Hadn’t been for abuse of my car by a friend which resulted in grinding two cylinders, my car would have easily lasted over 600,000 kilometers.

German cars are expensive to maintain and are not good on gas. Choose Honda or Toyota. Check international students and/or workers who are moving back to their own countries to purchase 2-3 years old best deals.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
I am on my 4th VW Golf now and plan to upgrade again next summer. I can honestly say I have never experienced any problems other than natural wear and tear with them.

You can see I don't like change very much but that's because they are reliable and very efficient.

Sep 25, 2004
Toronto
I'll check out the VW Tiguan. Any opinion about the Toyot Rav4, i've had good experiences with Toyota in the past in terms of reliability.

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
I'll check out the VW Tiguan. Any opinion about the Toyot Rav4, i've had good experiences with Toyota in the past in terms of reliability.
Rav4 will piss you off when it matters most. It's not spacy. It's not powerful. It won't do well off-road or even on crappy pavement. It has a Corolla engine and the new ones have a very crappy chassis. I rate the Honda CRV much higher than the Rav4.

If you want practicality, Honda Element will give you all the practicality you need. It's a very weird car with much more cargo room than anything in its class.

If you want to go mainstream, get a Jeep Liberty. This small beast is Trail-Rated (it's well within its element when you take it to camping, hiking trips in the Canadian wilderness). I'm most likely going to buy one myself. It's not as fuel efficient as a city car but it's one tough beast.

In the full-size SUV area, for your budget you will not find anything better than a used Nissan Murano. This thing surprised the hell out of me on the few occasions that I took it on winding country roads. It's also a fairly stylish SUV. It's not fuel efficient, and nor is any SUV. If anyone tells you otherwise they're lying.

If you do end up upping your budget for a newer car, the new Nissan Cube is also a funny little car with lots of cargo room.

Aug 27, 2005
Band e 209
2010 0r 11 Honda Fit.

It will eat all other competitors for lunch, may be for breakfast. A true sub-compact, 5 door sport car.

Gokart agility and reflection of a cheetah with more interior volume than a civic. Back seats folded flat you can actually fit a standard size home appliance in it and rear hatch will close as well.

Did I mention over 40 mpg?

Buying a Mazda 5 is like marrying an ugly woman, no one will take her off your hand. It is one confused vehicle, it does not look like suv and it is not a station wagon which always remind me of Pontiac Aztec (RIP).

If you decide to go Mazda then I suggest test driving a Mazda 3, Mazda Speed 3 will be a bonus. Best of luck to you.

Oct 20, 2003
2010 0r 11 Honda Fit.

It will eat all other competitors for lunch, may be for breakfast. A true sub-compact, 5 door sport car.

Gokart agility and reflection of a cheetah with more interior volume than a civic. Back seats folded flat you can actually fit a standard size home appliance in it and rear hatch will close as well.

Did I mention over 40 mpg?

Buying a Mazda 5 is like marrying an ugly woman, no one will take her off your hand. It is one confused vehicle, it does not look like suv and it is not a station wagon which always remind me of Pontiac Aztec (RIP).

If you decide to go Mazda then I suggest test driving a Mazda 3, Mazda Speed 3 will be a bonus. Best of luck to you.

Chi shod? No mention of Audit by Rasoul? Halet khobe refeegh?

Aug 27, 2005
Band e 209
Chi shod? No mention of Audit by Rasoul? Halet khobe refeegh?
chAk Amir jAn,

No loyalty to any brand and I had to take the price range into consideration. No Euro brand offer any competitive car to Honda Fit. Benz makes the Smart car which is not even close to what Fit is capable of. The new Ford Fiesta (made in Europe) is the closest but not enough track record for comparison.

Smallest Audi is the 3 which is a face lifted V.W Gulf GTI which I prefer since it is few grands cheaper.

ali_karimi

Bench Warmer
Dec 19, 2004
Canada
Rav4 will piss you off when it matters most. It's not spacy. It's not powerful. It won't do well off-road or even on crappy pavement. It has a Corolla engine and the new ones have a very crappy chassis. I rate the Honda CRV much higher than the Rav4.

If you want practicality, Honda Element will give you all the practicality you need. It's a very weird car with much more cargo room than anything in its class.

If you want to go mainstream, get a Jeep Liberty. This small beast is Trail-Rated (it's well within its element when you take it to camping, hiking trips in the Canadian wilderness). I'm most likely going to buy one myself. It's not as fuel efficient as a city car but it's one tough beast.

In the full-size SUV area, for your budget you will not find anything better than a used Nissan Murano. This thing surprised the hell out of me on the few occasions that I took it on winding country roads. It's also a fairly stylish SUV. It's not fuel efficient, and nor is any SUV. If anyone tells you otherwise they're lying.

If you do end up upping your budget for a newer car, the new Nissan Cube is also a funny little car with lots of cargo room.
When was the last time you drove a Rav4? They're actually really spacious, and if you get the V6 engine, more powerful than anything in its class. It's also one of the only 4WD systems in its class where you can lock the 4WD, rather than having it "on-demand". I drove it through a Calgary winter with above average snowfalls, and it didn't let me down once. I couldn't get it stuck or get it to spin out if I tried. But like most Toyota's, it's not spectacular at anything. Just does its job really well, and is really dependable.

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
When was the last time you drove a Rav4? They're actually really spacious, and if you get the V6 engine, more powerful than anything in its class. It's also one of the only 4WD systems in its class where you can lock the 4WD, rather than having it "on-demand". I drove it through a Calgary winter with above average snowfalls, and it didn't let me down once. I couldn't get it stuck or get it to spin out if I tried. But like most Toyota's, it's not spectacular at anything. Just does its job really well, and is really dependable.
It was 3 years ago and it was a 2002 I think. It didn't have the V6 and we felt cramped the whole time (we only had normal camping gear with us). It wasn't my Rav4 but the owner did complain about it not being predictable on muddy roads. I drove it and it gave me very little feedback on uneven pavement.

The new Rav4 chassis is said to be even less off-road friendly than the previous version. I one read the reviews, never drove one.

It's good that you can vouch for it though. You got me interested in trying the new Rav4 for myself. I'll drop by the local Toyota dealer this week to see what this thing has to offer.