Carlos Queiroz the mastermind Chess player

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
I think that is wonderful news for Egypt and for CQ. I hope you finally found a home where they are going to treat him right . While I think that big European teams, in South American clubs like Spain and Columbia are not a good fot teams like Iran and Egypt are. Watch him get the most
out of the team. thank God he didn’t go to Iraq because I know they had some interest that would’ve been a disaster for us. At least he is i Africa and not in Asia so good luck, maybe we can we can schedule a friendly witb them;
it would be a good game, the CQ Darby Iran vs Egypt, thoughts? After all, our relations are getting better, they now have flights from Cairo to Tehran.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Ostad Pooya jan my old friend from IK how are you? I think CQ is going to do great things at Egypt and I said this before I think he’s a good coach. Do I think he’s a good fit for a team like Columbia is main probably not but let’s watch eat Egypt’s defense improve. they were always good at scoring just like us but their Achilles’ heel is their distance, sounds familiar? Egypt today is where Iran was before CQ cane, except they did wualify for Russia. Btw is Mo Salah still gar with the team? Maybe with CQ he will reconsider his stance and join the team? It will be a huge loss for CQ if he has to do it woth out, the Man. I could see why he left I would be pissed off if I had to carry the team and I got no contributions from anybody else he did his part and scored . I would love to see a future friendly Iran vs Egypt the CQ darby(spelling) .
Watch Egypt Nt turn into the best D in Africa.

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
Hi Sherwin jaan. I hope all is well. Long time no see old timer. I always liked following Egypt from back in the day when they had that great player Hossam Hassan. Qualifications are very tough in African and I hope they do make it to the WC. It would be great to see CQ lead them there and hopefully get some success as well. CQ is a long plan coach with a lot of details and Colombia was not set up right for him to achieve that. He needs lower ranked teams that are more hungry and fluid to change and ready for it. We will see what time brings and the idea of an Iran Egypt friendly definitely sounds good.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Merci my friend I am doing well. I do agree with you that qualifications in Africa are tough but i think they are, as is ine if the best African teams. Hossan Hassan i got to check him out.
They are currently sitting at 2nd with a big match vs Libya who is #. Libya got a surprise win vs Angola.
That is a really tough group with Egypt Libya Angola and he’s iThat is a really tough group with Egypt Libya Angola and even Gabon is still ranked 88, after losing 3 spots.
CQ is going to do enough to have them qualify. The reason why it’s so tough is because only one team out of each group advances and yes time will tell what will become of Egypt. They could always put the ball in the back of the net but they can’t stop anyone from scoring. Egypt are where Iran was, before CQ’s arrival, after the 2010 debacle.
I could even make an argument that qualifying out of Africa is harder than South America because half of the teams from South America qualify. outside of Brazil and Argentina, there is a talent gap, even when you compare them to #15 Colombia or a good Uruguay squad.

There are no Brazil’s or Argentina in Africa .Pretty much Morocco, Nigeria, Senegal, Egypt, Angola are on the same level. When you have parody and even the second tier teams can best the too tier, anything can happen.

Last edited:

rahim

Elite Member
Oct 23, 2003
behbahan
lol. Smart ass says this win shouldn’t be credited to the vich since he got ejected when the game was tied. His assistant won the game!

He was happy with a tie. Pay attention to Azmoun’s body and facial gestures after the goal and signals he was sending to the bench . He was on a different page than coach. He wanted to win.

I hope he doesn’t get kicked out for expressing his opinion!