Cato Handbook of Policymaking on Iran

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
yes...that was quite a spot on analysis.

I liked that part too myself...
I really would be interested, just from professional/academic perspective aspect, to know about strategical models Israel use for their relationship with Iran. Israel uses a lot of Game Theory for their national security so when the guy says that Iran in the end at some point when it gets too hot acts rational, it's kind of telling to me. I would really do a lot to spend some time at either Tel Aviv University or Hebrew University.

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
Are you boyz kidding? Can you tell me exactly what part of this you are so impressed with? A government that shoots unarmed demonstrators is way passed suicidal - both on political and on strategical levels.
So many theories regarding IR have been put forth by all sides in America - only the ones were on the mark that recognized the close level of ties between IR terror networks in the middle east. What diplomacy? with whom? There is no decesion maker in Iran - it's full caos.

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
Are you boyz kidding? Can you tell me exactly what part of this you are so impressed with? A government that shoots unarmed demonstrators is way passed suicidal - both on political and on strategical levels.
So many theories regarding IR have been put forth by all sides in America - only the ones were on the mark that recognized the close level of ties between IR terror networks in the middle east. What diplomacy? with whom? There is no decesion maker in Iran - it's full caos.
this is with regards to Iran and foreign policy, specially US foreign policy.

And yes, it was written before June and probably even before Obama but that's kind of the point..the US policy before Obama and right now is just that.

Shooting unarmed demonstrators is desperation, not suicide. China did that too, just like many other regimes still in power. It's the last step you take.

Pretty interesting but I assume this is written before June. Things have changed drastically.
Well, they have changed in the way that after June IR has even less leverage in talks and the west could, in theory, push for whatever they want.
But the point was that this was more or less the policy US had towards Iran for a long time and the way they, or at least a highly influential think thank, sees/saw the situation.

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
Shooting unarmed demonstrators is desperation, not suicide. China did that too, just like many other regimes still in power. It's the last step you take.
Not the last - the step before last - the last step is kamakazi ;) Suicidal behavior comes from desperation.
West jaan
I too at the time thought AN's government is not suicidal, especially when it comes to their international conduct....... but based on the post election behavior, I must say they are suicidal - but they will hurt 70 million Iranians before they hurt non Iranians. It's their anti Persian culture.