Champions league 2015-16 | Group Stage | Day 6 | Dec 8th&9th | Updates & Results | Road to San Siro

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
Ba ejazeye RM, I used your template for the title ;)

Today's matches on this final matchday:
Group A
Paris Saint-Germain - Shakhtar Donetsk
Real Madrid - Malmö FF

Real will definitely finish 1st and Paris SG 2nd, the only battle is for 3rd place, with Shakhtar and Malmö both having gathered 3 points while Shakhtar has the better result between the 2.

Group B
PSV - CSKA Moscow
VfL Wolfsburg - Manchester United

Open group, with only CSKA knocked out and the other 3 all fighting for the top 2 spots. PSV is definitely through with a win, and CSKA's only hope is 3rd place (they need a win in Eindhoven for that). Man Utd and Wolfsburg both are through with a win, and have to hope for PSV to fail if they lose or it's a draw. PSV is sure of 3rd place with a draw, and can even finish 2nd then if Wolfsburg wins. Go PSV!!!!!

Group C
Benfica -Atlético Madrid
Galatasaray - FK Astana.

Benfica and Atlético are through and are playing eachother for 1st place, they're equal in points and Benfica won the 1st game in Madrid. Galatasaray is a point ahead of Astana and will defend that lead to qualify for the EL.

Group D
Man City - Borussia Mönchengladbach
Sevilla - Juventus

Juventus and Man City are through, with Juve sitting in 1st place with a 2 point lead. Man City needs a win and a Juve loss to top the group. Sevilla is last, and needs to win and hope for a Man City win or draw to grab 3rd place.

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
I have no confident today with this line up. I think we will either lose or tie this game and will be out of CL...

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
I have nothing to say. just fire this mother fucker... we are out of all competitions and its not even Christmas.

Payandeh Iran

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Results don't concern me as much if United's style of play does. Rideh be team. Fire his sorry ass and either bring a great manager like Carlo or if results in short term is not important, hire Giggs as manager and let him rebuild.

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
Fantastic CL campaign by PSV, 10 points in a group with 3 teams with more individual quality playing some great matches, especially at home. Something to be proud of as a PSV fan, and great for Dutch football.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Fantastic CL campaign by PSV, 10 points in a group with 3 teams with more individual quality playing some great matches, especially at home. Something to be proud of as a PSV fan, and great for Dutch football.
Not taking anything away from PSV, but with LVG as head coach of any team, you can count them out ! so Moscow and United I think were out from day 1.

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
Not taking anything away from PSV, but with LVG as head coach of any team, you can count them out ! so Moscow and United I think were out from day 1.
LvG has been very disappointing at Man Utd, but he's still spent 5 times as much as PSV's entire budget on players the last 2 seasons. CSKA also has a much bigger budget and tops the Russian league, so on paper we were the weakest team of the group. That's why it's such a great performance. And also great for Dutch football, which has been failing miserably the last few seasons. The EL performances this season have also been terrible (AZ and Groningen are already out, and Ajax is 99% out in the group stages), so also in that sense it's great and something to be proud of. To be honest I didn't really expect much when the draw was made, and would've been happy with 3rd place.