chiris mathews and kieth olberman are reading too much into iran mention of bush

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
MSNBC was the only cable channel which had comprehensive coverage of the bush speech. get this they went 1:30 minutes without a single commercial.

yet i think they are reading too much in to bush's mention of iran in his iraq speech today. I think bush mentioned the carreer group coming in persian gulf mostly for comforting suadis,jordanian,turks and egyptians about iran's growing influence.

i think he had to send a message to iran because he essentially signaled that u.s is gone still principily go after sunni boys in iraq not moghtada type of guys.

I honestly think there is essentially no change to U.S strategy in regard to iran.

I am convinced bush will ride out iran situaiton and let the next president handle the problem.

I do think that the new american commander in iraq ( the guy replacing general casey) will have a greater focus on holding a cleared town like faluja and then revitalize it.

Makaveli

IPL Player
Jan 28, 2006
yeah ive been watching the coverage on msnbc too and yeah they are reading a bit too much into bushes words about iran. but you cant blame em, these same words were said about iraq and frankly these guys are scared that bush and his messianic crew wont be afraid to engage iran. i'll tell u one thing though every time obama speaks its like a breath of fresh air. so level headed and pragmatic when he was talking.

Oct 1, 2004
yeah ive been watching the coverage on msnbc too and yeah they are reading a bit too much into bushes words about iran. but you cant blame em, these same words were said about iraq and frankly these guys are scared that bush and his messianic crew wont be afraid to engage iran. i'll tell u one thing though every time obama speaks its like a breath of fresh air. so level headed and pragmatic when he was talking.
Obama will eventually have to sell out. The fact that he has a Muslim father, and that his name has the words Obama and Hussein in it has some of the conservative hillbilly crowd scared.

Makaveli

IPL Player
Jan 28, 2006
Obama will eventually have to sell out. The fact that he has a Muslim father, and that his name has the words Obama and Hussein in it has some of the conservative hillbilly crowd scared.
why will he have to sellout? if he would sellout he would have done it by now. i liston to his podcasts every week, hes not a fake ultra-christian just like everyone else is right now just because its the trend, and hes very pragmatic. and he smokes which is rare for a politician which means he doesnt care.

Pahlevoon Nayeb

National Team Player
Oct 17, 2002
Poshteh Kooh
I don’t know. Bush is getting America progressively closer to a war with Iran. In my opinion, the only thing that has stopped him so far has been fairly staunch opposition from Russia and China and the ever increasing number of Bush’s words to be revealed as lies.

And, I personally would not pin my hopes on Obama and the rest of the corporate Democrats. They’ve all expressed their anger at Bush for being too soft on Iran.

Aug 27, 2005
Band e 209
I don’t know. Bush is getting America progressively closer to a war with Iran. In my opinion, the only thing that has stopped him so far has been fairly staunch opposition from Russia and China and the ever increasing number of Bush’s words to be revealed as lies.

And, I personally would not pin my hopes on Obama and the rest of the corporate Democrats. They’ve all expressed their anger at Bush for being too soft on Iran.
Pahlevoon,
I don't know how much water Russia and China's opposition is holding. Both nations openly expressed their opposition to US Military Attack against Iraq but still it got conducted.
I personally believe Bush is one of the rare ppl in present US administration opposing US military attack on Iran. Some internet political discussion sources claim Bush already has rejected 3 different attack plans on Iran presented to him by Dicky and Rumi camp.
That is why I hope Bush remains healthy and active till he finishes his term because if for some reason Chaney takes over It will be totally different ball game. JMHO