Christmas in London...

Alixman984

Bench Warmer
Feb 8, 2005
Southampton/UK
Guys please, Don't turn this thread into Paris VS London.
Yeah Paris is beautifull during the Christmas (It doesn't beat London though) but its far from the BEST city in the world! ask French and they tell you how they feel about Paris.

Back on track...So who actually live in London from ISP?

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
oh yes..let's make it a Paris-London debate.

Like, I really like London..but seriously, you comparing it with paris?? If you wanna be for christmas-new year's eve..paris is much better
living standard, well..both the same actually.

AND I KNOW PEOPLE WHO LIVE IN LONDON AND ABSOLUTELY HATE IT TOO, YOU KNOW!!!!!

So puhlease..don't even bother..Paris >>>>>>> London

Alixman984

Bench Warmer
Feb 8, 2005
Southampton/UK
oh yes..let's make it a Paris-London debate.

Like, I really like London..but seriously, you comparing it with paris?? If you wanna be for christmas-new year's eve..paris is much better
living standard, well..both the same actually.

AND I KNOW PEOPLE WHO LIVE IN LONDON AND ABSOLUTELY HATE IT TOO, YOU KNOW!!!!!

So puhlease..don't even bother..Paris >>>>>>> London
For me that I have both lived in London and Paris (for 3 years), the christmas in London is 100% better, at the end of the day its goes back to personal preferences.
I don't know if you haven't "lived" in London how you can say Paris >>>>>>>> London!! How can you judge a city based on 2 weeks holiday or something (that's assuming you haven't actually lived in London)
But please NEVER compare the transport system in London in Paris! Paris although has good underground system but its nowhere as good as London.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
As Alixman says it's all about personal preference. I have been to both London and Paris and liked London much more.
Anyhow, my original point was about it being the most cosmopolitan city in Europe, which it is. I didn't intend to compare it in every other respect. In order to do that I'd actually have to live in each city long enough to know.

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
For me that I have both lived in London and Paris (for 3 years), the christmas in London is 100% better, at the end of the day its goes back to personal preferences.
I don't know if you haven't "lived" in London how you can say Paris >>>>>>>> London!! How can you judge a city based on 2 weeks holiday or something (that's assuming you haven't actually lived in London)
But please NEVER compare the transport system in London in Paris! Paris although has good underground system but its nowhere as good as London.
You lived 3 years in Paris? :) where?

Well, the question is what you wanna talk about..

If the issue is christmas in paris or london..

I frankly don't really care for decoration and everything, but please, if some lights and whatever else on Bond Street turns you on, then Haussmann, Champs Elysées, Hotel De Ville etc. beat it by miles during Christmas.

New Year's Eve, well...the fireworks in paris are a bit more impressing to be honest.
Party life is equally good..
Public transport, well, with all due respect, if you would pay in Paris just as much as you pay in London, it might indeed be better :)

And as said, I really really really like London, but in terms of beauty, and decoration, style and everything, why do you start to discuss at all? it's like discussing whether britney got more style or angelina jolie.

alila

National Team Player
Jun 9, 2006
a galaxy far far away
london is crappp COMPARED to paris.4 ta decoration va lighting ke dalil nemishe baba joon.
River Thames is just shit compared to seine river and they have much more beautiful bridges in paris while london bridges are mostly ugly except the tower bridge ofcourse.

london tube is just shitty and expensive. £5 sth for a day travel is crazyyyyy. I hate my oystercard as it reminds me of old american cars with big fuel consumption :(

London has a great night life with loads of weird places with more weird ppl which to me is more open minded compared to paris.
paris is classy but london reminds me of an old chap eating potatos with cheese on the top. what was the name. ohchhhhhhhhhhhh jack potatoes yakkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Last edited:

Alixman984

Bench Warmer
Feb 8, 2005
Southampton/UK

I frankly don't really care for decoration and everything, but please, if some lights and whatever else on Bond Street turns you on, then Haussmann, Champs Elysées, Hotel De Ville etc. beat it by miles during Christmas.

New Year's Eve, well...the fireworks in paris are a bit more impressing to be honest.
Public transport, well, with all due respect, if you would pay in Paris just as much as you pay in London, it might indeed be better :)

And as said, I really really really like London, but in terms of beauty, and decoration, style and everything, why do you start to discuss at all? it's like discussing whether britney got more style or angelina jolie.
Reuilly area! I was working for Global Switch setting up a datacentre.
BTW I never came out to say which city is best, as I don't believe there is such thing. I'm huge fan of Paris, I spent 3 years out of my best years there but I stated my opinion.

about Transport system, I'm personally willing to pay extra for the service. :cheers:

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002

Thank you!:) took words out of my mouth!!

Paris has so many sight seeings, classical statues, fun celebrations in diff areas of the city to hang out, which makes it a perfect destination for Xmas-New Year.

Every single tree, store, statue, bridge, everything is decorated beautifully with lights and ornaments at that time in Paris. Not to mention Eiffel tower which is dazzling star all night long during Xmas/New year.

A poetic experience that everyone should witness once in their life-time atleast. :)

JazzedUp

Bench Warmer
Dec 1, 2002
London
I'll take London over Paris as well eventhough I haven't lived there. Based on my trips there I think London is a better city.

I've been living in London for the past 16 months and really liked it so far. Paris is more elegant but London seems more vibrant.