Congrats Chavez !!! Defeating the Devil Again

Aug 27, 2005
Band e 209
Yup Moto Jan, please elborate.

Chavez has done nothing but help the country. Rich imperalists are the only people suffering from his presidency. Check out his track record, and remember he is in a 3rd world country, the things he has accomplished is amazing. I don't the the Gov of Canada could even wipe out poverty as efficently as he has with the little resourcs he has, and Canada is one of the richest countries! IF AN can do the same in Iran, more power to him.
Pansari jAn,
I did not include Chavez in my list, it is too early to do so. But look at the Guy in your avatar, he can't even walk for heaven sake, the other day I saw a video of him falling down on the ground in front of bunch of reporters, but still clinging to the Power. You are telling me there is NO ONE I mean NO ONE in Cuba, a visionary , an educated devout patriotic Cuban with a great vision for future of the nation to be able to replace Castro with 50s mentality? If not then Cubans better pray that Castro never dies other wise they will be in deep manure.

BTW: I don't know anything about economy but I know for fact handing money to poor will never help to reduce poverty specially if this money is generated by selling natural resources. IMHO natural resources is more like a saving account not an income. True income comes from production.
Power currots Leaders that is the main reason for them not to stay in power too long.

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
Flint,

Hugo Chavez accomplisments while in power,
1) Implementing an universal health care system for all citizens, which other 3rd world country (besides maybe cuba) has this?
2)The education system is now supplied to everyone, literacy rates has increased with him in power
3)Food to the needy, and reducing poverty.

?
How is he paying for all that ?!!!! from the $70 barrel oil ??!!
What are his economical plans ?? What is he doing to make Venezuella advance and not be so dependent on oil ???

Any Ideas ??

Oct 18, 2002
Pansari jAn,
I did not include Chavez in my list, it is too early to do so. But look at the Guy in your avatar, he can't even walk for heaven sake, the other day I saw a video of him falling down on the ground in front of bunch of reporters, but still clinging to the Power. You are telling me there is NO ONE I mean NO ONE in Cuba, a visionary , an educated devout patriotic Cuban with a great vision for future of the nation to be able to replace Castro with 50s mentality? If not then Cubans better pray that Castro never dies other wise they will be in deep manure.
Put Excellently.

pansari

Bench Warmer
May 24, 2006
Pansari jAn,

BTW: I don't know anything about economy but I know for fact handing money to poor will never help to reduce poverty specially if this money is generated by selling natural resources. IMHO natural resources is more like a saving account not an income. True income comes from production.
Power currots Leaders that is the main reason for them not to stay in power too long.
Moto Jan, please...Castro handed power over Aug 2 2006, therefore stepping down! There are plenty of educated intelects, search the BBC they will show you the canidates for the next cuban president.

This Moto jan i find funny, how are you supposed to run an economy, by not selling your natural resource, where is the logic behind that? As for developing the nations industiral system, chavez has once again done that (with the help of Iran on some of these) by buliding tractor factories, and car factories, so they don't have to import veichals from the US. The 3rd world is so underdevloped b/c the industries lie in the west, jobs are needed in the west, when boeing stocks dip, guess who puts an order in for new boeings Emirates do, why to keep US workers employed, and therefore make the congress man look good, because he just kept the boeing plant going. Moto seriously, if chavez did not sell oil, how else is he to compete? he sells oil, but instead of wasting the money, he is reinvesting, back into the country, unlike arabs, such as saudi arabia, who now has one of the worst employment sectors for youths, ah yes and thier a US ally therefore they dont' need cars, they'll just import them Cadalliac from US.

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
This Moto jan i find funny,
? As for developing the nations industiral system, chavez has once again done that (with the help of Iran on some of these) by buliding tractor factories, and car factories, so they don't have to import veichals from the US. .
LOOOLLL, Kori Asaye Kori digar shavad.

If Iran was a country that could help another country advance technologically, then it would not have 11% unemployement rate and 40% of its people live under the poverty line !!!

Jun 9, 2004
Chavez was elected democractically this time and that shows people want him to lead.

Hes doing some good things as well.

The only thing i HATE about Chavez is the way HE CAME TO POWER IN THE FIRST PLACE. Im surprised no one has mentioned this, or maybe I missed it!

Chavez was a military general who came to power in a military coup! Not the brightest point in his resume.

pansari

Bench Warmer
May 24, 2006
If Iran was a country that could help another country advance technologically, then it would not have 11% unemployement rate and 40% of its people live under the poverty line !!!
Unemployment rate is not that bad considering its a 3rd world country, here in Canada its about 7%, guessing the same for the US, and thier poverty line is abour 25%, so not to bad when compared to the US !

As for technology, hamvatan, i see that you have no faith in your country, and you judge them as being uneducated people. Iran has made many technological advances, and I am proud of them, and the fact thier willing to share thier techonology (even nuclear) is great. Science should be used to advance mankind, not advance selected few nations!

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
How do you recocile this statement,

Chavez was elected democractically this time...
and this one,

Chavez was a military general who came to power in a military coup! Not the brightest point in his resume.
How would someone who grabbed power in the first place subject himself to the will of the people after tasting power? If Castro/Ghadafi/Asad/Mao/Stalin and dozen others stepped down voluntarilly so will Chavez. Form this point on there will always be "elections" and he will "win" them all and the UN will dutifully certify them.

Jun 7, 2004
Chavez did not come to power by a military coup. He did attempt a military coup that failed and he was jailed for two years and was pardoned by the following president. He came to power in 1998 after winning the elections. There were failed military coups, two to be exact, against him after he had come to power. It was later revealed that the US had backed these coups and was a minor embarrassment for the Bush administration. It was only a minor embarrassment as it got little press in the US. Otherwise this happened at the height of Bush singing the praises of bringing democracy to the Middle East and really was a fairly large embarrassment. Though Chavez was not very friendly towards the US it was only after these attempted coups that he became radically anti American: “jou arre a donkey Mrr. Dangerr.”

Otherwise, I do not think much of Chavez’ economic policies just in case by chance you thought otherwise.

Aug 27, 2005
Band e 209
pansari;336661]Moto Jan, please...Castro handed power over Aug 2 2006, therefore stepping down! There are plenty of educated intelects, search the BBC they will show you the canidates for the next cuban president.
Pansari jAn,
Do you believe he would do that if could walk? He is doing it because he can't work any more. I'm not sure but I think he will be in Genesis Book of Recods for being the man with longest term of presidency, 50 years.
BTW: I didn't know Castro handed the power to some one else. I thought he temporarily handed the Throne to Raoul while his intestine leak was being fixed.

This Moto jan i find funny, how are you supposed to run an economy, by not selling your natural resource, where is the logic behind that?
Please don't twist my word. I didn't criticize selling the natural resources, I questioned the method of distributing the fund by directly handing it to the poor. If he is investing Oil income toward expanding industrial sect and moving toward economic independence then good for them, that is how you create jobs which will reduce/eliminate poverty. Handing money to the poor is always aimed at winning the popularity contest no matter who is doing it.

And for Marx sake don't drag US and/or west into every discussion.

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
Unemployment rate is not that bad considering its a 3rd world country, here in Canada its about 7%, guessing the same for the US, and thier poverty line is abour 25%, so not to bad when compared to the US !

As for technology, hamvatan, i see that you have no faith in your country, and you judge them as being uneducated people. Iran has made many technological advances, and I am proud of them, and the fact thier willing to share thier techonology (even nuclear) is great. Science should be used to advance mankind, not advance selected few nations!

so Now we are claming that Iran is in a desent economical situation and people live in a reasonable welfare ??!!! Tell this to the thousands of young people who will do anything trying to get out of no Future Iran and come to west :)

But hey, we both living in West and enjoying our job securities, making the money and establishing our future. For us, it should be easy to ASSUME that things are reasonably good in Iran.

pansari

Bench Warmer
May 24, 2006
It was later revealed that the US had backed these coups and was a minor embarrassment for the Bush administration.
US administrations have tried hard to overthrow governments they don't like, bay of pigs in Cuba another embarresment for them.

And for Marx sake don't drag US and/or west into every discussion
Motori Jan, you ask not to refer back to the US/west in every discussion, but you see, they are ones that have attempted to run every region of the world. The US has had infulunce on the politics of everyregion of the the world.
http://academic.evergreen.edu/g/grossmaz/interventions.html
check out the list, at least one country in every contient, that impressive, the US administration are such good hearted people that they just want to help everyone, such selfless people!

Shahnic Jan,

I was just comparing #'s that you posted, and by looking at the numbers, for a 3rd world country they don't look bad at all. As for the fact that people want to escape the country is as result of the oppressive gov. and the lack of freedom it provides. People are lured to the west for its freedom. If only Iran was a democratic country, ba saro kaleh I would be there !

eshghi

News Team
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, CA
Chavez was elected as democratically as Bush was (maybe even more so). In that respect, he is the rightful president of his people. I agree with Motori's assertions, however. If his presidency, like that of Castro's, lasts essentially until he dies, I don't know how one can claim it is a democratic process anymore. Anyone who thinks he is the sole answer and saviour of his country, is essentially a dictator. If he is not one already, he will become one soon. He may even do a lot of great things for his people, but he is stil a dictator.

Aug 27, 2005
Band e 209
US administrations have tried hard to overthrow governments they don't like, bay of pigs in Cuba another embarresment for them.

Motori Jan, you ask not to refer back to the US/west in every discussion, but you see, they are ones that have attempted to run every region of the world. The US has had infulunce on the politics of everyregion of the the world.
http://academic.evergreen.edu/g/grossmaz/interventions.html
check out the list, at least one country in every contient, that impressive, the US administration are such good hearted people that they just want to help everyone, such selfless people!
No argument here Pansari jAn,
But still an irrelevant topic. You can start another exclusive thread with a title similar to this " US Imperialism and its effect on 3rd world Nations". Then we can share our views.

Aug 27, 2005
Band e 209
Chavez is democratically elected and he has really done a lot for the poor of his country.

But, he is spending the money from kisseye khalife. If you look at his expeditures and how little he is saving from the oil money for the future, you will realise that it's not all that well.
10-15 years from now, they will face problems.
The poor love him, the rich hate him. For a lot of rich venezuelans he is what AN is to us. But at least he spends the money inside his country and not in Lebanon.
Westi jAn,
I don't mean what I say, just for LOL purposes:
" If I can't make it by Coupe De Taut then I will have myself elected democratically."

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
I really don't understand how someone who lives, or may be is even born, in the west becomes an admirer of Castro, 40 years late? What is the connection? Were you born there, live there, have family there, what? Cuba could have been another Bahamas instead it is a dump. And don't give me the healthcare shtick! Why is it that out of all the Carribeans only people from Cuba are fleeing? Please go and live there for a year, rent an apartment, buy a computer, by car(1951 Ford, if you are verylucky), go online, go shopping, go on vacation, post to political forums then write about what a wonderful job Castro has done. To be even more convincing then tell us you have decided to stay there. You will come across a lot more credible. One more thing. I have already found a nice neighborhood for you. You can look at Che everyday on your way to school, which everyone knows is the best next to their healthcare. Keep an eye on that car in case it goes on for sale. It's gonna go quick.

Ismet87

Football Fan
Sep 2, 2006
I agree with you.Castro's action has abandon his law practical that wih his brother R'aul
actively plotted to ovethrow Batista.They collect gun anda ammunitition and finalized their plan for arm attack on Moncara Barracks.The attack proved disastrous and more than sixty of the one-hundred and thirty-five militants involved were killed......
What's the proud off Fidel Castro...??

Saeedb

Bench Warmer
Jul 7, 2003
I agree with Pansari and JazzedUp. He is very different from AN who used 17 million
to emam zaman masque. He fights for what he thinks is right while AN tries to keep
khamenei's a** from kicking. It was not long time ago AN ordered it should be free to
attend a football game at this or that stadium for wemen. Some Ayatollah asked him to
shut up and he kept his mouth shut.
A good politician must stands for what he means even if it creates conflict.

Last edited: