Congratulation to Iran and all Iranian who voted.

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
I like to be the first who congratulate Iran in choosing its new President. I for one , thought this election was a just a circus. After the first round, I thought again that this is just a game to make Rafsanjani next president.

Well, I guess I was wrong.

People of Iran have spoken and decided to go with Ahmadi Nejat. There will be some huge changes in Iran and I hope this is all for the best and Iran moves to a better economic state.

It is evident that the main concern of our people is their economical needs. Well, I hope Ahmadi and his cabinet be successfull to improve the situation and bridge the gap between rich and poor in Iran.

Zendeh Bad Irani va Iran.

Jun 18, 2005
Ahmadi nejad better not let down those who voted for him in masses. He must deliver his promises. Bring economical relief to the people Ahmadi. I believe further comments about the guys past might alienate him from the rest of us. He needs our mandate to fight corruption and bring some life back to our economy.

Qahreman

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
It is my honest opinion that he will do what he said to the best of his ability.

He is a good man. If you only some of these people were in Iran to see what type of "other" people were supporting him. Not a bache basiji with a 4 inch beard, not a posh tehrooni girl with 3/4 of her hair out of her see-through hijab and the geometry of her tits well defined through her booty-tight manto, but a regular guy who just wants to live...who just wants to get a job, make a living and wants Iran to be a functioning country. And even though I believe in this revolution and some might classify me a "hardcore muslim", but thats why I voted for him. I just want someone who will make Iran step into the direction of being a functional, healthy country.

Agent Smith

Bench Warmer
Jul 8, 2003
I would like to thank my parents tremendously for giving me the opportunity to live in a FREE country. I lived in Iran during the first 15 years of my life, and the fact that we have a nutcase fundamentalist as president just scares me to death. Now basij and sepah and hezbollahis have complete control of Iranian government. God help Iranians who believe in democracy and human rights :( and again thank God i don't live in Iran anymore

ab the dude

Bench Warmer
Oct 17, 2002
are you sure he got all those votes! come one be real! till five months ago even all the tehranees did not know him.All of a sudden he gets votes from other provinces!

come on dudes
be real
it's all BS!

Jun 7, 2004
ab the dude said:
are you sure he got all those votes! come one be real! till five months ago even all the tehranees did not know him.All of a sudden he gets votes from other provinces!

come on dudes
be real
it's all BS!
No, it is unlikely. An election so intrusively and illegally supervised is unreliable. It is not worth reading into just like it is not worth reading into a movie as a replacement of reality.

On the upside this is not to the benefit of the power dealers of the IRI. There is nothing like the sunshine for disinfecting. There is a name, a group and a face to go with the true center of power in the IRI.

Oct 18, 2002
Sydney, Australia
Qahreman said:
It is my honest opinion that he will do what he said to the best of his ability.

He is a good man. If you only some of these people were in Iran to see what type of "other" people were supporting him. Not a bache basiji with a 4 inch beard, not a posh tehrooni girl with 3/4 of her hair out of her see-through hijab and the geometry of her tits well defined through her booty-tight manto, but a regular guy who just wants to live...who just wants to get a job, make a living and wants Iran to be a functioning country. And even though I believe in this revolution and some might classify me a "hardcore muslim", but thats why I voted for him. I just want someone who will make Iran step into the direction of being a functional, healthy country.
I'm not going to have a go at you, because everone is entitled to their opinion in politics. All I'm going to say is don't be surprised to be 100% disapointed. I'm not mourning his election like other people on this site as I believe we needed this piece $hit to be in charge before we had any chance of actually moving forward and catching up with the rest of the world. You can't go to the top before you've hit rock bottom and it seems like we've hit rock bottom with this muderous thug!

R_E_Z_A

IPL Player
Jan 16, 2004
shahinc said:
I like to be the first who congratulate Iran in choosing its new President. I for one , thought this election was a just a circus. After the first round, I thought again that this is just a game to make Rafsanjani next president.

People of Iran have spoken and decided to go with Ahmadi Nejat. There will be some huge changes in Iran and I hope this is all for the best and Iran moves to a better economic state.

It is evident that the main concern of our people is their economical needs. Well, I hope Ahmadi and his cabinet be successfull to improve the situation and bridge the gap between rich and poor in Iran.

Well said. This proves that you want the best for Iran and Iranian. I also hope Ahmadinejad delivers on his promises. Unfortunately some people just like to take revenge from the Islamic Republic officials at any cost even if it brings disaster upon Iran and Iranians. We have been hearing lot of criticizm about the corruptions in Iran from the opposition groups. Now Mr. Ahmadinejad is saying that he will correct this and he has promissed a better future. Why not give him a chance.

Oct 18, 2002
He will correct it, how? by handing over the contracts to Sepah companies and moving toward a state-based economy? Sorry, I prefer corruption any day.

R_E_Z_A

IPL Player
Jan 16, 2004
deerouz said:
He will correct it, how? by handing over the contracts to Sepah companies and moving toward a state-based economy? Sorry, I prefer corruption any day.
He is advocating:

- distribution of wealth
- removing corrupt officials
- fighting corruption
- funneling money to poorer proviences

I dont see anything wrong with what he is advocating. We have to wait and see whether he stands by his promisses. A good indication of him being honst is that he has started with himself. He lives like an average Iranian.

Oct 18, 2002
And how is he planning to distribute wealth and remove corruption? Gongback to state-controlled (in this case Sepah-controlled) economy?

Sorry but I am weary of the so-caled "honest" politicians. One of the most honest politcians who also advocated eliminating 'corruption' was Adolph Hitler. I take a corrupted Churchill anyday.

R_E_Z_A

IPL Player
Jan 16, 2004
deerouz said:
And how is he planning to distribute wealth and remove corruption? Gongback to state-controlled (in this case Sepah-controlled) economy?

Sorry but I am weary of the so-caled "honest" politicians. One of the most honest politcians who also advocated eliminating 'corruption' was Adolph Hitler. I take a corrupted Churchill anyday.
Do not pre-judge him on the basis of his appearance. Give him time, he has the majority. Do not judge him by what you hear, judge him on his achievements and the work he has done and hopefully will be doing for our great country.

RoozbehAzadi

National Team Player
Nov 19, 2002
R_E_Z_A said:
Do not pre-judge him on the basis of his appearance. Give him time, he has the majority. Do not judge him by what you hear, judge him on his achievements and the work he has done and hopefully will be doing for our great country.
It's funny. Conservatives in America say the exact same thing about Bush.

spinhead

Elite Member
Oct 24, 2002
United States of Amnesia
shahinc said:

A few points I would like to make regarding your post and this election:

1- Don't forget that this election was only free after the 7 candidates had been hand picked by a non-elected group of fundamentalist clergy. So we can't not really say that Mr. Ahamadinejad is 'people's choice'.

2- One positive outcome of this election IMO is that Mr. Rafsenjani got out with a bloody nose. When I went to Iran 2 years ago, everywhere people were taking about how corrupt he and his family are and how they have become billionares over the past 25 years by their wheelings and dealings. Rafsenjani couldn't even win a seat in the Majles representing Tehran, remember? I hope Mr. Ahmadinejad moves to curb his powers now that people have shown him the finger!

3- There was a danger that Rafsenjani would sell out to the Europeans and sign an international agreement formally giving up nuclear technology. While I am no fan of nuclear arms or even Russian-made unsafe nuclear reactors, I don't like Europeans and Americans bullying us around. Whether we need nulcear technology or not should be our business. Also, having seen the catastrophe in Iraq, I am seriously reconsidering my position with regards to nulcear arms. As long as Neocons are in power, that may be our best defense, sad as it is, it works.

4- People are worried about 'social restrictions' under Ahmadinejad. While I'm all for social freedom and believe girls should be able to wear whatever they like and boys and girls should be able to associated freely without fear of persecution, but the lack of social restrictions is only a minor problem. There are much more grave problems in Iran right now that it may be worth giving up some social freedom if these problems can be addressed. Three major problems in Iran are (a) drug addiction, (b) prostitution, and (c) unemployment. These problem are not mutually exclustion and are inter-related. These are society cancers that need to be dealt with invasively. Fariba utterly failed to deal with these issues. I hope Ahmadinejad and do something.

5- Election of Ahamdinejad may be a reaction by the Iranian people to Neocons and Shahallahis. The Neocons and Shahallahis recently had been pushing hard for regime change and possibly reinstalling Reza Pahlavi. IMHO, if there is one achievement in the past 25 years that we can point to, is that Iranians got rid of the concept of 'shah' and despotism that had gripped our people for ages. 25 years is a blink in history and if the only achievement of this period is a transition from Shahi system to a republic, then in the long run all the sacrifice may be worthed.

spin

Jun 20, 2005
Sweden
deerouz said:

What make you think a Churchill was beneficial to Iran? If it had not been for the rise of Hitler to the power and his bloody wars with the colonial powers the rest world would still have been in the chains of brittish and french blood suckers. The american successors of those retired blood suckers bunched Iran with some rouge regimes and called it the axis of evil and accused Iran for those things that their own former puppets like Saddam and Talebans were upto and urged for dismantling of the iranian nuclear facilities, disarmament of the proiranian allies outside Iran and a stop to interference in Iraq (who's 1000 billion dollar dept to Iran still is to be paid).

Now, why not give a proper reply to the prayers of the american messianists dying for democracy in Iran with sort of a 'Hitler'? Someone who advocates jobs to the iranian people (instead of jobs to those who supported massmurder of defenceless iranians), and firm standing toward the sworn enemies of Iran (who were laughing to the iranians during the war)?

I think the iranian voters gave a very nice gift to western powers as well as those so called reformists who only think of making Iran a superificial mish-mash of western and arab life styles. The last election put Iran in the pave of a true social and national reform, which is badly needed. If bad loosers call it the rise of a new Reich, that's upto them.

Iran has spoken. Congratulation to Iran, indeed. Let's hope the wise people in Iran and those who believe in islam and democracy don't leave the scene because of their defeat. There's no defeat when something is in the benefit of the whole nation. All iranians are now responsible for helping the deprived as well as the depraved (!), poor and neglected iranians as well as the political development of the country, if they're honest and care about wealth, power, and rise of our beloved and their evil Iran.

naomid

Ball Boy
Dec 28, 2003
kavir
Shahin, good for you. Indeed congratulations to Iran and Iranians for voting in their choice of the individual to lead them for the next 4 years. All we can say at this point in time is good luck and hope for the best. Once again, if the president elect can work toward eradicating poverty, improving the economy, cutting down the unemployment, and taking a shot at corruption more power to him! Only time will tell and it is time to unite with the people in Iran. My hats off to them for brevity and hope they see some good results. Long live Iran!