Conservatives still regulating your wife and girlfriend's vagina

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
this law will more than likely cause 90% of abortion clinics in Texas to shutdown.

ironically this maybe a beginning of a multi decade galvanization of feminist moment in Texas.

There is too many people from the north and California moving to Texas.
They are definitely gone bring social changes to Texas.

Oct 18, 2010
i wish it was as simple as that but it s not.conservatives don't care what your wife,sister or mother does with their vagina.they neither care about anyone having abortions and saving lives since most abortions with state money are done by poor minority women and they are not in love with them in any shape or form.but they have one interest and that is to have enough desperate young people around to fill the ranks of the volunteer military.that's why they are against abortion.they know that a black,hispanic or low income white kid has statistically little chance of making it out of poverty and that's for the ones in stable 2 parent families.the unplanned kids of that nature who are born out of wedlock has even lower chance of making it.which is precisely why they want t have these kids around.they have no choice but to join the military if they are going to become anything.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
this is being pushed because Perry is trying to Run for President come in two years.
so he needs to get his fundraising apparatus in place.

god help us.
something inside tells me at least if Christi or Jeb Bush Ran they would not go after the Social Crazies the way Ryan, Rubio and Perry would.

ultimately if the economy continues to marginally improve and republicans remain hostile toward Hispanics.
It may not not matter a whole lot. unless their money machine just overwhelms Democrats (did I say Hillary)

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Sorry but I don't see much wrong with the restrictions:
The measure, House Bill 2, bans abortions after 20 weeks of pregnancy, requires abortion clinics to meet the same standards as hospital-style surgical centers and mandates that a doctor have admitting privileges at a hospital within 30 miles from the facility where he or she performs abortions.
Abortion after 20 weeks is downright criminal in my opinion (unless a serious risk to the mother's life).

The clinic standards should be there one way or another. People shouldn't be allowed to get abortions at mom and pop shops. It's irresponsible. If 90% of Texan abortion clinics don't meet these standards, then they should. A lot can go wrong with an abortion.

The requirement for doctors to have admitting privileges within 30 miles is a bit over-the-top, but makes sense for the most part.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
There is a reason why don't see much. it is by design.
the major part of this legislation is to drive all planned parent hoods to hand out condoms basically out of business.

They have been performing abortions in simple clinics rather easily.
The Trick is that no hospital is willing to touch the abortion issue because the crazy Christian would kill them off. and most hospital in the u.s are corporation for profit.
and if no that they are catholic institutions.

so basically for practical reason you ban Abortions in Texas.

ahmad-a

Bench Warmer
Feb 9, 2007
The clinic standards should be there one way or another.
Agree. But do you know what "standards as hospital-style surgical centers" means? I don't but the clinic does not need the same standard as a hospital that performs heart and brain surgery. Is this what the restriction means? I've heard that a lot of abortions is done by prescribing a peel. Please be easy on me (I am margazideh). I am not in a position to confirm this.

Oct 18, 2002
704 Houser

Abortion after 20 weeks is downright criminal in my opinion (unless a serious risk to the mother's life).

The clinic standards should be there one way or another. People shouldn't be allowed to get abortions at mom and pop shops. It's irresponsible. If 90% of Texan abortion clinics don't meet these standards, then they should. A lot can go wrong with an abortion.

The requirement for doctors to have admitting privileges within 30 miles is a bit over-the-top, but makes sense for the most part.
Sorry but your opinion about what's cruel really doesn't matter to me and especially it doesn't matter to a couple or a woman in a special circumstance. Fact is, abortions at that point are extremely rare anyway. Also neither you nor the idiot legislators who voted for this know what's medically necessary for most abortions. Many physicians who do this work deemed the regulation not necessary. Lastly, read what Perry's ultimate goal is with whole effort. Ultimately, these restrictions have made things more unsafe for women because abotions will continue no matter how much you legislate against them and women and couples will seek even unsafer ways to get them.

Jun 18, 2005
Many physicians who do this work saw the regulations not necessary? Well no shit Sherlock. Most abortions clinic docs who run their business in very questionable conditions would obviously see regulations to be not necessary. Did you forget about that stupid jackass "Dr" in the east coast and the kind of operation he was running????

IranZamin

IPL Player
Feb 17, 2006
The idea that pro-lifers are all misogynists who want to "control women and tell them what to do" is sheer nonsense meant to sensationalize the issue and exploit it for political gain. Just note how Chief all the sudden cares about infringement on women's rights:)

First of all, around half the women in this country support limits on abortion. Second, even in some of the most liberal states like New York and California, the murder of a pregnant woman (6 months and 2 months respectively) is counted as a double-murder. So the concept that a fetus is a separate life whose termination is murder is not something only 'religious nuts' believe and I personally know plenty of secular people in the medical profession who hold the same view.

A human can be born only six months into the pregnancy and still survive, so unless we're only talking about the first trimester, the suggestion that a fetus is just a part of the female anatomy is at best uninformed and at worst dishonest. Right now Scott Peterson is sitting on death row in California convicted of double murder for killing his pregnant wife. By the liberal definition he only killed one person. But I don't see the bleeding-heart women's rights activists objecting to his conviction; that wouldn't win them too many women's votes.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I wish those who whole heartedly support server restrictions on Abortion or actually think it should be never allowed would think of the child as well.

Much of The Christian movement entire focus in the U.S is to prevent women from getting abortions.

yet they could care less and actually continually vote for policies that would limit government support for children that are poor.

in fact much of that same Christian movement is entirely subscribed to laissez faire economics even when it comes to single mothers.

They would prove their humanity to me a bit more if they first worried about the kids outside the womb.

Oct 18, 2002
704 Houser
Many physicians who do this work saw the regulations not necessary? Well no shit Sherlock. Most abortions clinic docs who run their business in very questionable conditions would obviously see regulations to be not necessary. Did you forget about that stupid jackass "Dr" in the east coast and the kind of operation he was running????
Oh, were they supposed to consult engineers and constuction workers?

IranZamin

IPL Player
Feb 17, 2006
I wish those who whole heartedly support server restrictions on Abortion or actually think it should be never allowed would think of the child as well.

Much of The Christian movement entire focus in the U.S is to prevent women from getting abortions.

yet they could care less and actually continually vote for policies that would limit government support for children that are poor.

in fact much of that same Christian movement is entirely subscribed to laissez faire economics even when it comes to single mothers.

They would prove their humanity to me a bit more if they first worried about the kids outside the womb.
The difference between you and I is I don't form my views on a subject just to oppose the positions of a certain group. Thinking about children should also include thinking about abortion clinics where a 9-month fetus (a fully formed human being) is tossed into the garbage like a dead rat. The "Christian approach to economics" does not change the biological and legal facts I mentioned in my last post. A six-month old fetus can still be born and survive, and the murder of a pregnant woman is still considered double murder in some of the most liberal states regardless of who believes in laissez faire economics.

Jun 18, 2005
I am torn on the abortion debate. Personally maybe 2 years ago I would have been pro choice but certain life experiences swayed me the other way. I am not comfortable with abortions. You may say many who elect to have one are not ready to be parents, my response would be at some point they have to take responsiblity. Life does not always present itself in ideal ways.

Outlawing abortion on the other hand would force illegal and street abortions that would make things even worse. There is just not a good solution here. I personally am against it and am peace with that decision. Hope those who do it are too.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
The difference between you and I is I don't form my views on a subject just to oppose the positions of a certain group. Thinking about children should also include thinking about abortion clinics where a 9-month fetus (a fully formed human being) is tossed into the garbage like a dead rat. The "Christian approach to economics" does not change the biological and legal facts I mentioned in my last post. A six-month old fetus can still be born and survive, and the murder of a pregnant woman is still considered double murder in some of the most liberal states regardless of who believes in laissez faire economics.
the policy of having abortion illegal is currently implemented and has been long in play in many countries including Iran.

go see how well it works.

there is many many years of data to prove banning abortions based on the beliefs of bunch of nut cases won't do much.

but f**k let's say abortions were made illegal.

What about the morning after pill. why are religious nutcases against the morning after pill.

ok f**k that too.

Why are religious nutcase against Condoms (even Iranian AKhoonds are not against condoms)

I think China and India and many other countries have proven that government entering the business of social policy is very dangerous grounds
and it always has repercussions.

IranZamin

IPL Player
Feb 17, 2006
the policy of having abortion illegal is currently implemented and has been long in play in many countries including Iran.

go see how well it works.

there is many many years of data to prove banning abortions based on the beliefs of bunch of nut cases won't do much.

but f**k let's say abortions were made illegal.

What about the morning after pill. why are religious nutcases against the morning after pill.

ok f**k that too.

Why are religious nutcase against Condoms (even Iranian AKhoonds are not against condoms)

I think China and India and many other countries have proven that government entering the business of social policy is very dangerous grounds
and it always has repercussions.
I guess lordofmordor is not the only guy around here who just repeats himself without reading the other posts:) I already said I don't care what the "religious nuts" believe (although it's funny how your attitude toward religious nuts in America is far more hostile than toward those in Iran). The religious crowd are not the only people who support limits on abortion and I made that pretty clear in my other posts. I mean are we to believe that half the women in America are christian zealots?!

My personal attitude toward abortion is similar to that of Footballeirani. If anything, I actually lean pro-choice in a lot of cases despite some serious misgivings. But the point here is that this is far too complex an issue to be oversimplified into that "woman-haters versus woman-advocates" nonsense.

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States

Funny thing, I just copied the same piece to post but you beat me to it. 20 weeks? This is how a 20-week baby looks like. Which body part would you start cutting first?

index.jpg