Contacting old ISP members

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
And now people are messaging him from ISP and harassing him. This is pathetic.

Screenshot_20220502_170914.jpg

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Was he ever OK? The biggest harm people around him are doing is playing into his game, this is Doosti Khale Kherse.
He is in desperate need of professional help. I am not an expert to know what is wrong with him, but whatever it is, needs to be looked at ASAP.
He is suffering from low self esteem and wants to impress people and be socially accepted. Therefore, he lies to achieve that.
I remember back in the days, we had a new family move to our neighborhood and they had a son our age. A very well off family, but this kid would lie about everything. He would never say anything that was true.

fast forward 35 years and I totally by accident run into him as he was dating one of my friends. And guess what, he had not changed a bit and was still lying about everything. I am talking about every single word that would come out of his mouth was a lie. Not a single truth.

Tehol Bedict

Aug 6, 2021
Helvetia 🇨🇭
where is sherwin? what nationality is he these days? hope he's ok

edit: found he's doing OK

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1108169916706473/permalink/1410758736447588/

"Magic Johnson is actually a family friend. He knows my dad Mike Rasmussen who is the quarterback of the Michigan State in the 70s, and a coach. Magic knows football, he told my dad in his house, he has one tv for every NFL game. "

Last edited:

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
where is sherwin? what nationality is he these days? hope he's ok

edit: found he's doing OK

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1108169916706473/permalink/1410758736447588/

"Magic Johnson is actually a family friend. He knows my dad Mike Rasmussen who is the quarterback of the Michigan State in the 70s, and a coach. Magic knows football, he told my dad in his house, he has one tv for every NFL game. "

Mike Rasmussen to retire as Monterey Peninsula College’s football coach
John Devine
PUBLISHED: January 2, 2020 at 4:42 p.m. | UPDATED: February 28, 2020 at 11:22 a.m.
Categories:Latest Headlines, Local Sports, Sports

MPC head coach Mike Rasmussen reacts after being doused with water after winning the Living Breath Foundation Bowl in 2016. (Vernon McKnight/Herald Correspondent) MPC head coach Mike Rasmussen reacts after being doused with water after winning the Living Breath Foundation Bowl against Los Medanos at Rabobank Stadium on Saturday, Nov. 26, 2016 in Salinas, Calif. (Vernon McKnight/Herald Correspondent)
MONTEREY — Few football coaches end their careers with a Gatorade bath. Even fewer go out on their terms.

Mike Rasmussen did both this past season, guiding Monterey Peninsula College to a Living Breath Foundation Bowl win while racking up 10 wins and getting showered with ice water on a 48-degree afternoon.

As difficult of a decision as it was for the 69-year-old, Rasmussen felt it was time, as he is retiring as the Lobos football coach after 19 seasons.

“We’ve talked about it over the last few years,” MPC athletic director Lyndon Schutzler said. “I think it was a difficult decision for him. He loves coaching.”

A former Michigan State quarterback, Rasmussen has been coaching college football for 48 seasons, taking the MPC job in 2001 and piling up 118 wins.

“My energy and passion is real good,” Rasmussen said. “I still have the fire. But it’s a grind. It’s been a process of figuring it out. Nothing will replace the love and service we have as coaches.”

Rasmussen’s win total is the second-most in school history behind Hall of Fame coach Luke Phillips, who piled up 163 wins over a two-plus decade career.

“He woke up each day thinking what can he do to make the program successful,” Schutzler said. “He is an old-school guy that wanted to win games, but valued creating men.”

During his tenure at MPC, the program won seven conference titles and appeared in eight bowl games, winning 10 or more games three times.

“I’ve been very fortunate to have him,” said Schutzler, who will retire as the school’s athletic director in June. “I hoped he would last as long as I did.”

Rasmussen called coaching a 365-day, 24-7 commitment, one that he established the moment he set foot on the MPC campus.

“The standard we set is a total commitment,” Rasmussen said. “We live it. I totally love coaching our athletes. It’s just the year-round grind that I want to retire from. I’m not wired to lower the bar. So if I feel that way, then it’s time to make a move. I can’t go to work giving less effort.”

The Lobos opened last season with seven straight wins. At one point, they were No. 2 in the state in scoring and finished with a state-leading plus-24 in turnover ratio.

“We had a great group of coaches and players that played the game the right way,” Rasmussen said. “We were building something special all year. It just felt like the time was right for me to move in another direction with my life.”

A trio of players during Rasmussen’s tenure ended up in the NFL, including current Jets quarterback David Fales.

In addition, offensive lineman Terry Poole was drafted by the Seattle Seahawks and receiver Maurice Mann was chosen by the Cincinnati Bengals.

Over 200 players have gone on and played at four-year colleges after spending at least one season at MPC under Rasmussen.

Rasmussen has also helped develop former players into coaches, including Poole, who served as his offensive line coach this past season, Anthony Garnett, who is a quality control analyst at Arizona State, and Brian Reader, who is an assistant coach at the University of Idaho.

Garnett was Rasmussen’s first quarterback in 2001, earning a scholarship to Cal Poly San Luis Obispo.

“He was the first coach I had no prior relationship with,” Garnett said. “He had such an influence on me as a quarterback. He was so beneficial for me getting to the next level.”

In fact, 18 years after taking his last snap for Rasmussen, Garnett still incorporates what he learned from his coach with how he breaks down film for the defensive coaches at Arizona State.

“I use the knowledge he taught me when I was a quarterback when watching film,” Garnett said. “I find their tendencies and try and exploit them to our coaches.”

Prior to arriving at MPC, Rasmussen served as the head coach at St. Mary’s College. He was an assistant coach at Cal, Stanford, Fresno State, Bowling Green and Michigan State.

A junior college disciple himself, Rasmussen was a two-time All-American quarterback at Fresno City, guiding them to two state junior college titles.

Rasmussen knows it will be a transition, that he can’t replace the fire that comes with being a football coach and developing players on and off the field for most of his life.

“I love helping young people make their lives better through the vehicle of football,” Rasmussen said. “Coaching is being a parent and having a partnership. I’ll miss it. But I have a lot of activities outside of football. I’m still young at heart. I have energy. I’ll find my path and let the good Lord lead me.”

A list of candidates to replace Rasmussen is evolving, although it will likely be on an interim basis next year, as the position also includes teaching full time on campus.

“I think there will be a number of people that are interested,” Schutzler said. “We will look to hire someone as soon as possible. It may be adjunct with the intent of hiring someone full time in 2021.”

One potential candidate could be Hartnell College defensive coordinator Sunil Smith, who was a head coach at Alisal for eight years before joining the Panthers staff six years ago.

Former Lobo linebacker and Mercyhurst assistant head coach Ryan Riemedio, as well as Garnett and Seaside High defensive coordinator Justin Hansen could be candidates as well.

Hansen has had stints as a defensive coordinator at Hartnell and Cabrillo College. Gonzales head coach Art Berlanga, a former Hartnell assistant, could also be on the list.

“I’ve gotten better as a coach in terms of what is really important in building a culture and making young people’s lives better,” Rasmussen said. “Sometimes it’s tough love. But that’s truly what wins. I’m so lucky to have had something I was so passionate about. I’ll miss it. But this feels right.”

Tehol Bedict

Aug 6, 2021
Helvetia 🇨🇭
Mike Rasmussen to retire as Monterey Peninsula College’s football coach
John Devine
He seems to have had an interesting career - I wonder what he would make of someone taking the identity of his son

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1108169916706473/permalink/1409842159872579/

I grew up in a Big 10 family. My dad was Mike Rasmusen QB Michigan State, and my mom was a cheerleader at Michigan"

He can't even spell his "father's" surname

He is now Italian.
Has the German and Russian stuff disappeared? I wonder what prompted that

RaminS

Feb 19, 2009
He seems to have had an interesting career - I wonder what he would make of someone taking the identity of his son

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1108169916706473/permalink/1409842159872579/

I grew up in a Big 10 family. My dad was Mike Rasmusen QB Michigan State, and my mom was a cheerleader at Michigan"

He can't even spell his "father's" surname

Has the German and Russian stuff disappeared? I wonder what prompted that
No it still pops up every once in a while in addition to Swedish, Croatian and Chinese. EURO 2020 prompted it.