Copa America vs Euro2016

dariush-44

Bench Warmer
Oct 15, 2004
Just trying to draw parallels, I've been disappointed by the quality of play here at Euro 2016. For numerous factors;

a) lots of goal keeper errors; I have not witnessed this many errors, spacing and wrong timing in a long time.
b) lack of offensive play - the EU teams are p***y who opt to play defensive as opposed to attack. In comparison, we see relentless attacking in Copa America.
c) low goal scoring and points back to the lack of offensive play and horrible finishing - and settling for 1 goal margin wins.

Pretty pathetic - happy to tune into Copa America instead. :12:

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Just trying to draw parallels, I've been disappointed by the quality of play here at Euro 2016. For numerous factors;

a) lots of goal keeper errors; I have not witnessed this many errors, spacing and wrong timing in a long time.
b) lack of offensive play - the EU teams are p***y who opt to play defensive as opposed to attack. In comparison, we see relentless attacking in Copa America.
c) low goal scoring and points back to the lack of offensive play and horrible finishing - and settling for 1 goal margin wins.

Pretty pathetic - happy to tune into Copa America instead. :12:
Personally I think this has been a poor Euro as well. Perhaps part of it is because over half the 3rd place teams also get a chance to go up? so no one really tries hard? not sure ...

dariush-44

Bench Warmer
Oct 15, 2004
Another day passes and the same boring, low quality games. Not easy on the eye at all.

There is clearly no powerhouse or any team that has 'convinced' they have gotten the cojones to win this damn tournament. If you had to name the best team yet, who would it be?

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I have not been happy by either tournament.

I think copa america should have been just put in in the North east u.s and brought in a better sense of a tournament.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I am afraid that the Euro is gone again come down to Italy, Germany or Spain.

the host country without Benzema does not have enough firepower or creativity.

the English just look lost.

the euro has not been as bad as Euro 2004. but not as good as say 2008 or Euro 1996. or Euro 2000

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
The idea of 24 teams battling it out in 6 groups just so only 6 of them get eliminated is the stupidest thing ever. It destroys any sense of urgency for smaller teams while giving no incentive to bigger teams to dominate. It's pathetic.

These national tournaments need some serious life pumped into them or in a decade they will barely have any serious following.

Oct 1, 2004
The current EuroCup is a good counter argument for the pro-European World Cup fans who say we need more European teams.

May 21, 2003
Not The Eshaalic Goozpublic !
the best euro i have seen, so far, since 1988.

Football overall has changed as a game and The science it is becoming i have seen in practice here.

never been much impressed by copa america. there is no comparison.

copa america should be maybe compared with the first round and second round of the world cups and Euro with the elimination rounds. I think that would be a more calibrated scale.

Croatia, Belgium (at times) have been impressive.

Wales and Hungary need a mention here too. Hungary have no superstars and a bunch of has beens but they have pulled their weight (disciplined coaching staff). (reminded me of the 1998 IR team that performed well above expectations)

dariush-44

Bench Warmer
Oct 15, 2004
^ You couldn't be any more wrong. Every game it's own goals, 1 margin wins, lack of offense. Copa America is a head and shoulder above this crap. I'm watching Croatia VS Portugal and there has been ZERO. I REPEAT ZERO. SHOTS ON TARGET SO FAR (We are at minute 84 of the game).

Absolute shit tournament.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
I wonder how Germany beat two south american power houses on Their own soil with 8 goals and win the World cup

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
They won because they had the best mid fielders and oerall best team. They completed their passes better than any other team, that is what it is all about just being overall strong. Then Germany's bench was the x factor with Mario Gotze scoring as a sub. Heart breaker for USA tough 1-0 loss.

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
^ You couldn't be any more wrong. Every game it's own goals, 1 margin wins, lack of offense. Copa America is a head and shoulder above this crap. I'm watching Croatia VS Portugal and there has been ZERO. I REPEAT ZERO. SHOTS ON TARGET SO FAR (We are at minute 84 of the game).

Not even close! I can only rate three good teams in the whole American continent that are as good as European tactically, Argentina, Chile, and Colombia. Italy with its weakest team after many decades can still dominate most of the American teams. Copa America simply doesn't have as many good teams as Europe, France, Germany, Italy, England, Spain, Poland, Croatia, Belgium, Portugal, and Switzerland are all very good and tactical teams.

dariush-44

Bench Warmer
Oct 15, 2004
All you have done in your analyses is compare teams based on hot air and no facts - I AM COMPARING TOURNAMENTS.

When your best players of the tournament in a match like today's POR - CRO; so-called best players (Ronaldo, Nani, Modric) are FAILING to produce a shot on target.

YOU ARE FAILING AS A TOURNAMENT.

In Copa America - we are seeing: Physicality, intensity and relentless attacking. Much more aggressive than these European panzees.

YOU WANT TO COMPARE TEAMS? A Mexico, Uruguay, Paraguay, Costa Rica Peru, Ecuador will not only stack up but will COMPETE with this so-called "tactically" GREAT teams you mentioned; Italy, Poland, Croatia, Belgium, Switzerland

You'd be a fool to think an 8-0 Germany - Brazil is supportive of your argument. Brazil in this same tournament were destroyed by the sub-par teams I just named.

Last edited:
May 21, 2003

this is not NHL or NBA.
This is football. I have had this discussion with people from north america for 25 years. lol

Apr 15, 2016
Suisse
Az aval taa akhare harfesh is hot air and yet he accuses others of coming up with the same. The same Croatians and Portuguese, both would destroy daaro nadaare south american football. Only because two similarly strong european teams neutralized each other and didnt allow much, that doesnt mean the same teams would not destroy lesser opposition like the south american one. I am sure this is the kind of guy who would call both Germany and Spain shitty too if they failed to score on each other. All those Kroos, Gomez, Iniesta, Müller, Silva, Götze, Khedira, Pedro, Draxler ....would be called bunch of zeros who wouldnt even be able to beat Ecuador loool

Anyway the whole thread is a joke, comparing things that are not comparable other than just on the pitch and on the pitch the europeans showed the south americans who the daddy is and pounded them on their own soil. Thats the only fact we have to work with and this only fact is getting ignored by this guy chon be kaaresh nemiaad. You gotta love talking football with people who are not into football at all. :)

Apr 15, 2016
Suisse
Not even close! I can only rate three good teams in the whole American continent that are as good as European tactically, Argentina, Chile, and Colombia.
And the only one of those three with a semi decent shot at perhaps winning anything at some point would be Argentina. Chile and Colombia wouldnt be able to win a cup in Europe in 100 years.

May 21, 2003
You'd be a fool to think an 8-0 Germany - Brazil is supportive of your argument. Brazil in this same tournament were destroyed by the sub-par teams I just named.
0-1 loss of brazil without Neymar to peru in your parallel universe is 'destruction by a sub-par team'?

In Copa America - we are seeing: Physicality, intensity and relentless attacking. Much more aggressive than these European panzees.
translated in football terms:
there are more goals in Copa !