coups d'état in Turkey!!!

Apr 15, 2016
Suisse
minor detail but the rebel airforce troops who are running the coup are
followers of imam fethullah gulen.
Another detail for cheap fucks like you: This is what Erdogan is accusing them to be because he hates Gülen and only because Erdogan accuses someone of something it doesnt mean its a fact.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I don't believe the outcome is good for turkey.
Military fails:
Thousands get punished
Military succeedes:
Erdoganism because more enrooted in Turkish society
Stale mate:
Economy crashes.

Whitehouse and Iran seem quite happy though judging by their statements.

Apr 15, 2016
Suisse
I am chatting with a turkish friend..he says Gülen is not behind the cout but it doesnt look good as some soldiers have already started to give up. I hope its just a small part of them giving it up.

Apr 15, 2016
Suisse
Gül is on the same page with Erdogan, that would make no sense to make such a big risk for replacing Erdogan with someone very similar to him. I think this is a cout of the armees secularists and ataturkists to get rid of Erdogan but all in all they would have a hard time to succeed if they are not able to end the whole thing fast with a blitzkrieg tactic. The longer it lasts, Erdogans risho pashmoos will regroup, organize themselves and hit back and he has a lot fans like this.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2016
Suisse
Erdogan has another factor working for him: The US is always behind the islamists against secularists and nationalists in our region. If Erdogans plays his cards smartly (and you can bet the US are already negotiating with both sides), the US will make sure he stays.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I have talked to number of Turkish secularists over time.

They all say Gul is not and ideal guy but he is nice guy. none of them like Erodgan (in fact they hate his guts.)

Fettullah Gul seems to be ok with Gul too.

if the coup succeeds, it wont be an 80s style ruling. they will likely bring people
from all stripes (except kurds) into some king of "coalition" government to make it look like a good outcome.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Helicopter of the coup supported military shot down by airplanes of the goverment supported military! Apparently the military aren't united!

Apr 15, 2016
Suisse
Iran seem quite happy though judging by their statements.
IR is a shia maarmoolak state, they are happy about our neighbors to be unstable and where they can, they do their best to actively make sure those countries become unstable. They have already silenced the iranians and seeing Iran being surrounded by unstable and weak countries, makes them establish themselves better and better, they can sell themselves to international community as the haven of peace and security which is a priceless political gain. This is why they love ISIS to be there and this is why they -just like the US- would never engage in something substancial to get rid of ISIS.

Oct 18, 2010
i don't recall iran putting a gun at recep's head and forcing him to
go to bed with the isis animals and become a saudi stoog and dream
of getting rid of assad for a price.

Oct 18, 2010
Well, during the green movement in Iran, women were out everywhere. Same with the revolution 79.
iranians are culturally superior to all the people in the middle east including
arabs,jews & turks.there is no debate about that notion.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
iranians are culturally superior to all the people in the middle east including
arabs,jews & turks.there is no debate about that notion.
what the hell is the barometer for feeling so f**king superior?

our Zartosht (The ones who F**ked the country) until the regime fell apart and could not withstand a $hitty arab invasion?

There is this bullshit Ariaism in every iranian's blood.

it is good to be proud of your country and heritage. but don't fucking feel superior for no reason.