Crisis....what crisis..?

beystr

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
iran
Tahreem……u gotta be kidding….Tahreem must be a city in Yemen . Pity those of us who even thought of boycotting the elections in Iran and were counting on people not showing up at the polls , myself included.

Last night I was coming home back from Airport, it was around 2 am. Right before the Parkway intersection there was a huge traffic jam, well …..It was a total stoppage. First I thought it’s an accident or road repair..but when a screaming bunch in car covered with Ahmadi Nejad posters ran by.it became clear it’s the campaign thing. Let me tell u this was beyond the going to world cup celebration by far. We hung around 3 30 am before finding a way home. The parkway bridge, Pahlavi street, Freshte all were littered with campaign posters and papers. Rafsanjani’s fans were quite vocal “ Amir kabir Iran, Hashemi e Rafsanjani” …the mainly Basiji boys some looking as scary as ever were chanting “ dooctoor dooset dareem. Dooctoor dooset dareem” ….one of them came to me saying…” Agha ma 8 sal Hashemi ro emtehan kareed…hala biaeem o 4 sal be Ahmadi Nejad Shance bedeem..” somebody else said “ hala deege vaghte tahseel kardehast”.

In any case during the last month I have witnessed a presidential campaign with such youthful energy and fierce involvement that I never saw in 27 yrs of living in U.S I wasn’t around during Khatami’s election. This in part is a byproduct of a young country u can say and I bet u the Friday vote(tomoro) will break all records. The fear of Ahmadi Nejad has done its job and now majority is loving Rafsanjani to come back….amazing..Hah?

I have also learned one other lesson, Iranians are the hardest bunch to predict. They don’t fit any established behavioral pattern. During weeks before last Friday’s elections I asked anybody I knew or ran into, about whether they are planning to vote and just about every body said no way they would vote. They lied , most of them voted..they themselves said so when asked again .. so what… they contradicted their own words. And now there is a strong will by everybody to elect Rafansanjani . most people are scared of AhmadiNejad.

Its common belief that Kherad e Jamie is not usually wrong. I don’t know…but now u can clearly see the huge divide that is as big as the oceans that separate the Iranians inside and outside. Up to 2 yrs ago the people inside were hoping on big things coming from abroad and were more active in their opposition to IRI , now however after getting false promises from abroad and watching America’s problems in Iraq, they have given up on any hopes of getting rid of IRI and basically trying to pick the bad from worse. U can’t fault them can u?

Oct 18, 2002
here
www.apfn.org
beyster jaan, long time no see??

whats happenin dude?

I like your description of the streets (using the old/original/the right Names) damet joosh :)

hey may be rafsanjani and ahmaghi nejaad have gone to the same Praying room as khatami (used to go)??
Here's the pic:

Feb 22, 2005
Meyti, is the shah's photo in the first photo above Khatami real? Of course not, but like it.

As for the photos, damn, damn, damn, how sad, how very sad. This religious people are ****ing nutcases. Trurly backward dumb people.

beystr

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
iran
Meyti jon mokhleseem ghorban....just hanging out...not much..living in Tehran is sure no dull moment...I love it..u know its fun living in acountry with such a big young population..such energy.....yade javooni be khair bud..

Deerooz jon, it sure looks like Rafasanjani with a landslide victrory.....but like I said u can never predict I-ranians.

Oct 18, 2002
Meyti jan,

I answer your question. I would not take shit on either of the people u pictured. Does that answer who i prefer? ;)

I would use the first one to wipe my ass with cause they are probably used to the smell, and the second ones to pat my ass cause they smell better :)

Thanks,

Javeed Iran

beystr

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
iran
BT jon,

From day one of this campaign or whatever u wanna call it, Rafasanjani has had youth and has thrown big parties with rock n roll playing speakers. one of his main campaign places were near me on Freshte. for a month the kids have been hanging out playing loud music tll late at night.and ofcourse u have seen all the pretty girls with Rafsanjani headbands and he has cleverly has used the young and good lookin kids in his TV ads. so I would say by far Amoo Rafi has got the majority. but Basijis and pasdars own the country to a certain degree so who knows my prediction : Akbar khan by a landslide.

Oct 18, 2002
here
www.apfn.org
lordofmordor jaan;
I believe te picture is Right!
It is supposed to be a Museum of Pahlavi's works or something like that!

Mammad Reza Khatami has recently said that the Pahlavi regime was indeed reformable but this IRI SHI* Is NOT!

(not an exact quote but close to what he actually said)!

eenn akhoodna ye engilisi are Gone...
ppl need to forget about them... You dont have to be a gheshri shipisho in order to be a good moslem either. one of my friends back home, used to wear his best suit and put on the best french colognes to go to the Mosque (Masjed)! I asked him why?he said he was sick and tired of seeing ppl with smelli feet in there and thought of it as an Insult! He wanted to makeup for it and make a statement!

It is actually been strongly suggested by the Prophet (SAA) to wear good perfume to go to masjed and dont go there if you had onion or garlic But Koo Goosh-e Shenavaa?

I hope some day these idiots wake up and treat their own religion with a little respect. I mean they would not go on a Date stinking would they??
well I take it back.. these Hezb Ollaghis do anything!

eshghi

News Team
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, CA
I've spoken to my family three times over the last week, and they
pretty much described the same energetic, celebratory mood as
you did. They also said that there is a huuuuge effort by individuals-
not the regime- to rally people to vote for Rafsanjani. They're using the
streets, faxes, email, you name it, to get people to come out to vote
for him. Only two years ago, these same people would have ridiculed -if
not puched in the face- anyone suggesting support for "AlijenAb-e
sorkhpoosh"!!! Go figure!

I can't help but taking a shot at two groups of people here. First
the so-called "opposition" that has redefined the word 'ineptitude'.
Enough lies. Right or wrong, people are going to the polls in defiance
of your calls, "gentlemen"! That is the reality, not your conjured up
lies of vote-rigging, blah blah blah :mad: No, I am not screaming in joy
over it, but lies and wishful-thinking are not facts. Facts are what
we're witnessing. If you ever wish to become effective, you'd better
accept these facts so you can come up with tactics and strategies
that rhyme with people's wishes. I doubt you can, however.

Second, everyone who ridiculed the changes Iran witnessed over the
last eight years as "insignificant". The only people it was insignificant to
was YOU, not most everyone living in Iran. This projected massive turnout
in favor of Hashemi, as shocking as it is to me and many of you out there,
goes to show to what extent people are willing to go to keep those
"insignificant" gains when faced with the possibility of losing them.

Oct 18, 2002
Eshghi jan,

Very thoughtful observations.

In defence of my own opinion w/r/t not voting on Friday, the reason is not that I have any illusion that my action would have any impact on the IRI. It is merely a matter of conscience. I agree with Shirin Ebadi that I should not vote in an election that I consider totally flawed. My compatriots in Iran, of course, will make their own decisions based on what they think best suits them.

eshghi

News Team
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, CA
deerouz jAn, if it wasn't for my brother's desperate pleas on the phone, I
wouldn't even consider voting. I am still not sure if I can push myself to do
so tomorrow. If I do so, it'll be like a doctor removing a life tube from a
dying patient to stop his suffering. You don't do it because you're convinced
it's the right thing to do. You do it out of compassion for a patient begging
you to stop his suffering.

beystr

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
iran
I tell u its gonna be a huge turnout tomoro, I know of 5 older people in my family who never voted in their life and didn't give a damn about polotics,that are going to vote for Rafi joon tomoro. one big fear...taking away our satelite dishes..that's one of the major fears of this election.......quite amazing

beystr

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
iran
I tell u its gonna be a huge turnout tomoro, I know of 5 older people in my family who never voted in their life and didn't give a damn about polotics,that are going to vote for Rafi joon tomoro. one big fear...taking away our satelite dishes..that's one of the major fears of this election.......quite amazing

beystr

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
iran

beystr

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
iran

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
beystr said:
. one big fear...taking away our satelite dishes..that's one of the major fears of this election.......quite amazing
I predicted over 70% votting turn out and lanslide victory by Rafsanjani last week and I am sticking by it :)

It is amazing how the needs of our people declined since 1357. Then, they wanted Azadi and .... now, they want Satellie dish :)

ghorboneh Har chi melate Irani hast beram.