Davari did it again

Oct 18, 2002
His team lost against Dortmund again but his savings protected Braunschweig for a disaster

He got from kicker sportsmagazine which gives out pretty harsh grades a 1.5 which is close to excellent grade

In his first match against Dortmund he got a 1 which is the best grade and now this.

Dont tell me now he is avarage. This is excellent. If he is not in Irans best eleven than because of politics...

Go Davari, you are a great keeper

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
But Rahmati saved a PK last week. Surely saving a PK is more important that getting 1.5 rating from kicker against Dortmund which was the finalist in UEFA Champions League.

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
Davari is an average goal keeper with some good days every now and then and those good days make our people jump high and call him world class. I grew up watching bundesliga and specially Davari because i used to live in Hannover and Hannovers Bundesliga team is a fierce rival of Braunschweig so in regional TV just like in papers you inevitably had to deal with some news about Braunschweig aswell. Davari has good reflexes on the line but he is absolutely terrible and unsure when it comes to high balls into the penalty box and goal area. He is an average Bundesliga goal keeper, i am not saying average goalkeeping in bundesliga is not enough for the IR team as even the shit of bundesliga players is still better than what IR produces. I am saying this to make you not expect any wonder from this guy. On some days, he could be better than that cunt Rahmati on other days, Rahamti could be better. Its just flipping coins.

May 12, 2007
Davari is an average goal keeper with some good days every now and then and those good days make our people jump high and call him world class. I grew up watching bundesliga and specially Davari because i used to live in Hannover and Hannovers Bundesliga team is a fierce rival of Braunschweig so in regional TV just like in papers you inevitably had to deal with some news about Braunschweig aswell. Davari has good reflexes on the line but he is absolutely terrible and unsure when it comes to high balls into the penalty box and goal area. He is an average Bundesliga goal keeper, i am not saying average goalkeeping in bundesliga is not enough for the IR team as even the shit of bundesliga players is still better than what IR produces. I am saying this to make you not expect any wonder from this guy. On some days, he could be better than that cunt Rahmati on other days, Rahamti could be better. Its just flipping coins.
I have watched some of his games. It seems that he is also good at making himeself big in dangerouse situations. Bute he is not diving so good as Rahmati. Even his club relegates I am sure next season he is in a better club

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
You know, even in the third and second Bundesliga there are excellent goalkeepers. Germans simply produce great goalkeepers. I am sure there are atleast 5 goalkeepers in the third and 10 in the second bundesliga that could easily be the best goalkeeper in Iran. Davari could very well be the goalkeeper of IR team but as i said, he is not among the top keepers in Bundesliga and even in the second Bundesliga you find several better goalkeepers. He is more or less on the same level like Rahmati but his big plus is his edcuation in Germany. They simply train goalkeepers well in germany, they teach and raise them up with those little details that not even other european countries do let alone those guys in iran who are not into details at all.

May 12, 2007
Anyway I hope his best games ever are against Argentine, Nigeria and Bosnia. Specially against Argentine where Iran will be under huge pressure

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
You know, even in the third and second Bundesliga there are excellent goalkeepers. Germans simply produce great goalkeepers. I am sure there are atleast 5 goalkeepers in the third and 10 in the second bundesliga that could easily be the best goalkeeper in Iran. Davari could very well be the goalkeeper of IR team but as i said, he is not among the top keepers in Bundesliga and even in the second Bundesliga you find several better goalkeepers. He is more or less on the same level like Rahmati but his big plus is his edcuation in Germany. They simply train goalkeepers well in germany, they teach and raise them up with those little details that not even other european countries do let alone those guys in iran who are not into details at all.
I think Rahman Ahmadi is an excellent keeper , I don't mind seeing him as number one , he has proved himself to me , he is very confident and on the ball with great agility , he could play in any Bundes liga team , but I agree we don't have much available in terms of quality players .

Davari is a good keeper , the very least he could do is to raise the standards of other keepers in Iran , he has shown very good form for his club this season , he has been consistent with his game despite playing with bunch of clueless team mates .

Some keepers in their mind dive towards the balls they have no hope of catching , some others don't bother , maybe he is like that , time will tell , but him being 25 he can safe guard our goal for another 10 years and help develop other keeprs around him , you know quality wears on !

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Yes, I read that too. CQ does not want to say that Rahmati is not a good keeper. He wants to stress the fact that no matter how good you are, you do not own TM jersey.
Now about Rahmati and how good he is or he is not, everyone has his/her opinion.
I personally never thought much of Rahmati and was always uncomfortable when he was TM's gatekeeper. He has a tendency to stay on his line which any half decent team can exploit this flaw and score easily against TM. On the other hand, he does have good reflexes as well and has saved many goals but his reflexes are not god like by any stretch of imagination and any decent keeper should posses those reflexes.

Now, if you are saying Rahmati is better than Davari, then you better have some good facts to back your claim.

Cheers

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I don't know....something tells me Rahmati will be invited in the end! Something tells me he'll stand in our goal in the WC!

Now, if you are saying Rahmati is better than Davari, then you better have some good facts to back your claim.
You better have the same if you say Davari is better than Rahmati as well!

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I don't know....something tells me Rahmati will be invited in the end! Something tells me he'll stand in our goal in the WC!

You better have the same if you say Davari is better than Rahmati as well!
Very funny joke :)

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
It wasn't a joke! How can you prove Davari is better? Only because he plays in the bundesliga? Shojaei played in the Spanish Primera, against the best players in the world for afew years. Was/is he better than all our other players, playing in the IPL? Playing in Europe is a condition to make you better as a player but you're not "necessarily" a better player only because you play in Europe!

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
It wasn't a joke! How can you prove Davari is better? Only because he plays in the bundesliga? Shojaei played in the Spanish Primera, against the best players in the world for afew years. Was/is he better than all our other players, playing in the IPL? Playing in Europe is a condition to make you better as a player but you're not "necessarily" a better player only because you play in Europe!
OK Sly jan. You convinced me. Rahmati is better.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
OK Sly jan. You convinced me. Rahmati is better.
I never said that either! My point was, you can't say who's better just by the league they play in, specially when Davari has not even finished playing one season in Bundesliga.

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I never said that either! My point was, you can't say who's better just by the league they play in, specially when Davari has not even finished playing one season in Bundesliga.
Do you honestly think Rahmati can land a #1 position as a keeper in Bundesliga?

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002

you have a very valid point , the point is Davari is decent goalie with Iranian standard but as bundelsiga goalie and specially in Germany he is very very very average (lets not say under average goalie) , he keep doing same mistakes over and over and as usual freeze on some shots , he sure does some decent saves like any goalie but he is not kind of goalie who win a game for you.

rahmati also is not buffon if he was he wasn't in iran but as you said the fact of playing in Europe doesn't make you better 100%.. is only a condition..
I guess any aghl-e- salim agree the reason why esteghlal is still in top of table and in last 4 in hazfi cup with 4 key players( javad, majidi, montazeri ,jabbari) left are 1) rahmati 2) ando .. just look at ONLY number of PK he stopped , lets forget the rest...

CQ knows rahmati is BY FAR iran best keeper , he punish him because of rahmati cried like little baby and I give 100% to coach for that and standing on his decision, BUT talking about technical side and in field performance , Rahmati is logic choice of No1 with over 80 CAPS . if there were no issue between CQ & Rahmati we would for sure see these order of jersey numbers for keepers in WC :
1) Mehdi Rahmati
12) Daniel Davari
22) Rahman Ahmadi

Last edited:

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
Do you honestly think Rahmati can land a #1 position as a keeper in Bundesliga?
in a country like Germany you don't make some 1 no1 like this .. you either played in Europe or you played from youth level there . if rahmati could move from age of 20 to Europe yes he was already a keeper in bundesliga .