Did you guys hear about McCain's letter to the Russian Embassy?!

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
This was all over RT (Russia Today TV Network) over the weekend. They had clips of McCain saying the Russians attacked a democratic neighbour, they want to revitalize the Russian empire, he sees three letters looking into Putin's eye K G B, etc. Then they showed a letter addressed to the Russian amabssador and signed by McCain asking for contributions to his campaign of $50 tp $5,000 along with a donation form!!! The Russian embassy apparently responded saying they don't finance political activities in other countries, but after sh*t hit the fan, the McCain camp said the letter was sent by mistake as a result of a computer glitch! Anyway, thought it was interesting.

Sith

IPL Player
Jun 13, 2005
www.wegotitfirst.com
This was all over RT (Russia Today TV Network) over the weekend. They had clips of McCain saying the Russians attacked a democratic neighbour, they want to revitalize the Russian empire, he sees three letters looking into Putin's eye K G B, etc. Then they showed a letter addressed to the Russian amabssador and signed by McCain asking for contributions to his campaign of $50 tp $5,000 along with a donation form!!! The Russian embassy apparently responded saying they don't finance political activities in other countries, but after sh*t hit the fan, the McCain camp said the letter was sent by mistake as a result of a computer glitch! Anyway, thought it was interesting.
I read about this more than a week ago, but apparently it was a ''glitch'' like you said, because the letter was dated a couple months old.

Sherwin

Bench Warmer
Oct 26, 2004
USA
This is awesome it's the first time I'm hearing about this. Let me get this straight the retard first blasts the Russians and then he expects a contributions to his campaigh? All I can say is wow what a moron now I know why he picked Sara Palin they deserve eachother!

Aug 27, 2005
Band e 209
I don't know man!! I think McCain should know better than any body else that it is against Federal Laws for any foreign national to contribute to any Federal, State or Local elections, excluding foreign nationals with permanent resident status. Along with senator Russel Feinglod He was the chief sponsor who initiated and endorsed the Bipartisan Campaign Reform Act (aka McCain-Feingold Act) for heaven sake.

Oct 20, 2003
a) based on what?
b) you kidding, right?
c) last 8 years weren't enough I guess.
Yeah McCain is sure expert in foreign policy. He is the same guy who thought Afghanistan borders Iraq. He is the same expert who thought Iranians are Sunnis and Al Quade has basis in Iran, he had to be corrected by Liberman in front of the camera. Just recently he did not know that Spain was an ally and made remarks about Spain's PM. Referring to Czechoslovakia a country that does not exist (since 1993) and mixing up Somalia with Sudan.Last but not least, he is the "expert foreign policy guy" who called Putin, president of Germany.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6GBdyws5YU"]YouTube - McCain's Foreign Policy Gaffe (CBS News)[/ame]

Last edited:

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
Yeah McCain is sure expert in foreign policy. He is the same guy who thought Afghanistan borders Iraq. He is the same expert who thought Iranians are Sunnis and Al Quade has basis in Iran, he had to be corrected by Liberman in front of the camera. Just recently he did not know that Spain was an ally and made remarks about Spain's PM. Referring to Czechoslovakia a country that does not exist (since 1993) and mixing up Somalia with Sudan.Last but not least, he is the "expert foreign policy guy" who called Putin, president of Germany.
YouTube - McCain's Foreign Policy Gaffe (CBS News)
That's all not important..McCain has been in a war and....well..he is white..that makes him an expert. Everything else doesn't matter!

Obama has just read some books and is hyped up by the media.

Even Palin as more foreign expertise than Obama. You can see Russia from Alaska and all planes from Vladivostok to Anchorage fly over Alaska. :)

Oct 18, 2002
a) based on what?
b) you kidding, right?
c) last 8 years weren't enough I guess.
I don't want to argue this point since it really does not merit any arguement, but here it goes.

Question was based on EXPERIENCE. If so, then I can tell you that Mr. Obama has only 146 days of experience as a Senator and two years prior to that as a State Senator. So for both a and b I like to simply say, you can easily look at the experience level of these two candidates anywhere on the net. When it comes to experience you need to compare Biden and McCain, and then Palin and Obama fall in the same category. THAT IS A FACT.

As for C, I am not sure what the heck does that have to do anything with Obama or McCain. If you are saying that McCain is Bush's twin and he will do the same policies, blah blah, blah, blah, then you are watching too much MSNBC and Oberman. If you think Obama is the second coming of the devil, then you watch too much FOX. Either case I am neither for McCain nor Obama. They are both pretty SHITY candidates and definately NOT what I consider to be a choice. In case you were mistaking me for an advocate of either party.

westwienmaskulin

Oct 18, 2002
so this guy has more expertise and experience on foreign policy than obama??
I don't want to argue this point since it really does not merit any arguement, but here it goes.

Question was based on EXPERIENCE.
I'm glad you left expertise out...

As for C, I am not sure what the heck does that have to do anything with Obama or McCain. If you are saying that McCain is Bush's twin and he will do the same policies, blah blah, blah, blah, then you are watching too much MSNBC and Oberman. If you think Obama is the second coming of the devil, then you watch too much FOX. Either case I am neither for McCain nor Obama. They are both pretty SHITY candidates and definately NOT what I consider to be a choice. In case you were mistaking me for an advocate of either party.
I don't watch MSNBC and Olberman at all(well...I watch some youtube clips..but not really). I don't have Fox either. I actually don't even really watch TV, except for Entourage,Two and a Half Men and House.

The heck is that the US had now 8 years of expertise and experience as the people who served under Bush II served more or less for the most time under Bush I and even Reagan. The heck is further that McCain, according to himself at least, agrees with 95% of what Bush did and would even continue it...although lately, he suggested he doesn't agree with him on the economy, despite wanting to continue his policies.
The heck is also, that the correlation between experience and expertise are largely blown out of proportion.
Apart of that, even if we go by your numbers of Obama's lack of experience...unless you are in the Senate, you can't possibly have more experience on anything than Obama...

So..really...I don't care at all...although thanks to Globalisation whatever happens in the US has a great effect on what happens everywhere else in the world, I frankly couldn't care less about what happens in the next 8 years with the US. Heck...if the things continue this way, Mexico will be better off economically than the US...so McCain all the way!
If Obama is not better at all than even Naylin Palin, as it seems to be according to you, why not vote for the guy with the two MILFs?

Last edited:

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States

You are mistaking foreign policy experience with a round of Jeopardy. It matters not a whit if you don't know which country is on which side of which country. Just look it up. What you can't look up is what to do when your country has sent 150,000 men into battle, and they are losing. Obama said I want them out. Pure and simple. Just get out. He has always said he will "end" the war. Heck, anyone can end the war. Question is how? Forget about how much you may despise US military and the whole Iraq issue. Put your presidency hat on. How can you preside over bringing back a defeated army ,regardless of how they went in? What will it do to the moral, to future recruiting, to the nations psyche for generations to come? How can you, as president, witness the last helicopter lifting off, once again, from a rooftop, this time in Baghdad. The moment US left under those circumstances, Maliki and his government would be taken to rooftops and shot. This notion that they would come together after US left under those circumstances is lunacy. That is not how they settle arguments in that part of the world. We, of all people, should know that better than anybody else. Obama hasn't been around to be tested that often but he failed the big one miserably.

westwienmaskulin

Oct 18, 2002
You are mistaking foreign policy experience with a round of Jeopardy. It matters not a whit if you don't know which country is on which side of which country. Just look it up. What you can't look up is what to do when your country has sent 150,000 men into battle, and they are losing. Obama said I want them out. Pure and simple. Just get out. He has always said he will "end" the war. Heck, anyone can end the war. Question is how? Forget about how much you may despise US military and the whole Iraq issue. Put your presidency hat on. How can you preside over bringing back a defeated army ,regardless of how they went in? What will it do to the moral, to future recruiting, to the nations psyche for generations to come? How can you, as president, witness the last helicopter lifting off, once again, from a rooftop, this time in Baghdad. The moment US left under those circumstances, Maliki and his government would be taken to rooftops and shot. This notion that they would come together after US left under those circumstances is lunacy. That is not how they settle arguments in that part of the world. We, of all people, should know that better than anybody else. Obama hasn't been around to be tested that often but he failed the big one miserably.
alright....so the war was lost after all?

so what's your plan? stay until you win once?

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2003
You are mistaking foreign policy experience with a round of Jeopardy. It matters not a whit if you don't know which country is on which side of which country Just look it up. . .
Oh I see! A man says elect me, I am a foreign policy and national security expert, mentions Iraq left and right to highlight his support for the surge, but does not know who the neighbors of Iraq are in spite of several trips has made to that country. It is trivial you say? Buddy I am not expecting McCain to know who the neighbors of Tonga are. We are talking about a country that has been in the news for the past 5 years.

Just tell McCain to look it up or google it he wants to show his foreign policy expertise (which I do not what it means if one does not know the location of the country he is talking about). Or better tell him to Gogoole it of course if John knows how to use his computer ;) which I doubt.

Last edited:

PJ

IPL Player
Oct 18, 2002
Pull out is exactly what needs to be done. When you do something wrong, you say ghalat kardam, goh khordam, and pull out your troops.
If you need an army to protect a nation against themselves, there is something wrong. Leave them alone and they will find their equilibrium. If that requires Maliki and his government to be killed, let it be.

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
Pull out is exactly what needs to be done. When you do something wrong, you say ghalat kardam, goh khordam, and pull out your troops.
If you need an army to protect a nation against themselves, there is something wrong. Leave them alone and they will find their equilibrium. If that requires Maliki and his government to be killed, let it be.
In case you ever wondered why you are not in the White House, that is why.

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
Oh I see! A man says elect me, I am a foreign policy and national security expert, mentions Iraq left and right to highlight his support for the surge, but does not know who the neighbors of Iraq are in spite of several trips has made to that country. It is trivial you say? Buddy I am not expecting McCain to know who the neighbors of Tonga are. We are talking about a country that has been in the news for the past 5 years.

Just tell McCain to look it up or google it he wants to show his foreign policy expertise (which I do not what it means if one does not know the location of the country he is talking about). Or better tell him to Gogoole it of course if John knows how to use his computer ;) which I doubt.
You are putting yourself on record saying it is more important for a president to know who borders who than bring home an army, that he commands, in victory. If you don't care how the military comes home, then that is why you are not in the White House.BTW, I am just waiting to read all the glowing posts why we need to have a surge in Afghanistan just because the Leader says so.