did you know this : India had 90 K against Japan

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Well 1.2 Billion indians in the world and you're surprised 90,000 of them felt like going to a stadium on that day?!!!

The pressure of huge crowds has been neutralized by professionalism for a long time now. It's only our team and unprofessionals that always end up losing their momentum once faced with fan support.

Nov 24, 2002
navid india was one of the best asian team back to 40 or 50 years a go and they even i guess won the asian nation games!

Oct 19, 2002
Babr_E_Mazandaran said:
navid india was one of the best asian team back to 40 or 50 years a go and they even i guess won the asian nation games!
nemidonestam, but i just realized they were runners up to Isrealy in the asian cup 1964, burma runners up to iran 68 :D

peyz

Bench Warmer
Oct 11, 2004
they not only became the asian games champs, they have beated Iran too !!! :)

they also reached ( am not sure if it was invitation due to good results in asian games, or qualification ) the WC football, but since their players didnt have the "proper" kits and equipment and shoes , they either declined to go , or were barred !!!

but they are on the rise nowadays.

they have a couple of very good players, like their captain, Bhutia who is pretty good, and was in england's II div for a couple of seasons.

they almost qualified and blocked UAE's qualification for the final round of WC2002 ( they beat both yemen and UAE at home !!! ) , but were cheated out of it, .... ( no surprises here ) by biased and bad refereeing , who slaughtered them in UAE and Yemen.
the very smae UAE who supposedly replaced Iran as the top seed of the group B ( to aid china's qualification, of course ).

imagine if AFC wasnt this corrupt !
Iran would have reached 2002, instead of china , and IRAN would have played against BRAZIL , turkey and costarica at WC !!

DAMN AFC !