"DO or DIE"FIFA World Cup Group B: | IRAN vs PORTUGAL |Information, Updates & Live Reports| june 25th

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
I guess your definition of sharp-shooter is different than mine. In fact, I think your definition includes any creature with 2 legs. Mine has a heavy bias towards shooting abilities :)
Your assumption is wrong because you are biased.

Those players I named are very capable shooters, I know because I was a sharp shooter myself and know what it takes.
Sorry for sounding arrogant but sometimes you need to sound like one to make a point.

Nov 29, 2002
I genuinely think we should go for some long shots against Rui Patricio . Hajsafi has a fantastic long range shot and the one against Morocco swerved really well but was a little too high. We've already seen what Ghoddos and JB can do for their clubs both of them have traction engines of shots when they are unleashed.

We are blessed with a preponderance of long range experts and God I hope we can finally use them. The requirement is that we cant set up our stall to defend , and I've never seen us not do that against strong European opposition under can I hope that if we do play a slightly more open game like we did against Bosnia , this time the boys have the stamina...

Nov 24, 2002
Ebrahimi, Hajsafi, Ghoddos, even Jahanbakhsh are all good shooters and scored many times this way. I would let Ghoddos to take free kicks or give him the green light to take long rang shots if he is on field.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2014
I have a question guys ,what do you think Portugal coach is telling his players about the game on Monday ?

This is going to be a bit of a mind game between CQ and the Portugal coach ,our advantage is the our coach knows a lot more about his team than him about us !

So what do you think his plans are to start the game for the first 20-30 minutes ? and what will be ours ?

I don't know much about Portugal and their players and coach so I can't say much .

How would we start the game ,go for an early goal and then park the bus ? or play conservative and wait for a chance ?

I think Portugal may crowd the midfield and keep it tight and wait for a counter and we may do the same and it become a bit a stalemate .

I personally like to see our shooters try some shots on goal ,low and on target and make their keeper work and hopefully spell something , we have some sharp shooters but emphasise on keeping it low and on target .

Biggest game of our history so far and I can't keep my mind away from it... :unsure:
From Portugal point of view, they only need a draw to advance. If they lose, then they will be at the mercy of the Mor-Spain result. So I do not see any reason for Portugal to be too adventuresome and take too many chances on defense. I expect them to play conservative, but look for chances to seal the game. I suspect that will be instructions of the coach. The players on the other hand, may get emotional and look for personal glory. I am sure Ronaldo, will be looking to add to his goal tally in search of the golden boot award.

Iran on the other hand has to win to insure advancing. The rational thing is for the team to play the same style in the first half not to concede a goal. In the second half, depending on the half time result of the other game, will determine if Iran will push for a goal or not. If, Morocco is beating Spain, then there is very little reason to change the approach. If Morocco is losing, then Iran will have to go the offensive.

In either case, this WC has already been a success compared to the past. In the past, we have never been in contention in the last game of the group. Now we are. In the past, we were in the same situation, but in the qualifying rounds, not the actual World Cup.

I cannot praise CQ's tactical genius enough. Anyone, who has played this game at a somewhat serious level, will appreciate what he has done.

Saeedb

Bench Warmer
Jul 7, 2003
I think Portogal should compete with Spain to be the top in the group or else they will face Russia.Since Russia plays home they will not be easy to win.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
From Portugal point of view, they only need a draw to advance. If they lose, then they will be at the mercy of the Mor-Spain result. So I do not see any reason for Portugal to be too adventuresome and take too many chances on defense. I expect them to play conservative, but look for chances to seal the game. I suspect that will be instructions of the coach. The players on the other hand, may get emotional and look for personal glory. I am sure Ronaldo, will be looking to add to his goal tally in search of the golden boot award.

Iran on the other hand has to win to insure advancing. The rational thing is for the team to play the same style in the first half not to concede a goal. In the second half, depending on the half time result of the other game, will determine if Iran will push for a goal or not. If, Morocco is beating Spain, then there is very little reason to change the approach. If Morocco is losing, then Iran will have to go the offensive.

In either case, this WC has already been a success compared to the past. In the past, we have never been in contention in the last game of the group. Now we are. In the past, we were in the same situation, but in the qualifying rounds, not the actual World Cup.

I cannot praise CQ's tactical genius enough. Anyone, who has played this game at a somewhat serious level, will appreciate what he has done.
Apart from 2006 we were always a contender in our last group game.
Buy perhaps never as ready as this

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
مهدی مهدوی کیا مدعی شد پیش از جدال سوم تیم 98 مسوولان وقت چمدان‌های بازیکنان را راهی فرودگاه کردند و به این شکل ناامیدی را در بین بازیکنان شکل دادند اما اینبار چنین اتفاقی رخ نخواهد داد و شاید مسیر چمدان‌ها به مسکو یا حتی سوچی تغییر یابد.

Nov 24, 2002
مهدی مهدوی کیا مدعی شد پیش از جدال سوم تیم 98 مسوولان وقت چمدان‌های بازیکنان را راهی فرودگاه کردند و به این شکل ناامیدی را در بین بازیکنان شکل دادند اما اینبار چنین اتفاقی رخ نخواهد داد و شاید مسیر چمدان‌ها به مسکو یا حتی سوچی تغییر یابد.
این دقیقا همون چیزیه که بازیکنان و مربیان این تیم ملی و این نسل ندار ن. هم ۷۸ و هم ۹۸ ترس رو میشد در چهره بازیکنان و کادر فنی دید.بقول عزیزی بهمون گفتن بریم از آلمان پیر محترمانه ببازم اونم بعد اون برد تاریخی مقابل آمریکا.

Saeedb

Bench Warmer
Jul 7, 2003
Fuck Nike and US policy. They don't do any thing to the government of Iran but only bother ordinary people and in this case our footballers.

Oct 18, 2010
carlos in his pre game news conference hopes to inspire iran
with 3 Rs

"Respect we all know what it is. Realism is our team having in mind we are playing against one of the title contenders. And romanticism is about playing our game according with foundations of football, having in mind that the leader of Iran is not a player, but the team itself,"