Do you agree with Skocic decision to exclude Taremi?

Do you support Skocic decision?

• Yes, Taremi should be excluded from TM.

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • No, Taremi should have remained.

Votes: 12 60.0%

• Total voters

Tehol Bedict

Aug 6, 2021
Helvetia 🇨🇭
Taremi has been tactless here and needs better advisors.

Sure he can say that this TM is all built by Queiroz, but he didn't have to do Skocic like that...

Similar to his Khamenei post at the time Shojaei and Hajsafi were removed, Taremi again showing that his intelligence is mainly reserved for the pitch, not out of it....

But despite this, I think he should have remained and these things sorted in camp. Skocic isn't strong enough to handle this team, he should have dropped JB after that disastrous game he had. Something needs to happen quickly now or the team morale may be affected going into these games

homaie

Elite Member
Mar 1, 2003
NY/NJ in USA
I cannot say Yes, or no. This is an old rule in Football for the players not to publicly have different views from the coach. It is similar to not to criticize your supervisor. It is different time now and I will vote, Neutral.

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
Pros are that players like Allahyar grow and team Melli finds more experienced options for the future, the cons are we might drop points in this process and our opponents might get ideas.

However, I think the bigger problem could be that this is a sign of a crack in the team. I said it few months ago that TM will not have a problem until it starts having the first problem with dropping the first points. We Iranians have high swings and often respond to stress with fighting, and in this case infighting.

It just reminds me of 1997 team, when a very strong squad lost its way and finally only a miracle got us through.

We always talk about that team and 2000-2010 squad and how much talent they had. We should also remember that how much difficulty we had to keep Hashemian, Bagheri, Karimi, Azizi, Daei, ... under one roof. Sanctions, leaving the squad, and injuries rarely allowed us to use our entire talent together. This might unfortunately be again how the story unfolds with the current TM. Get ready for some rocky pass.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
This is so stupid! Taremi did not criticize the coach in any way as the media has tried to paint it. He simply said Iranians are good in tactics and understanding football. That's it!

If he is dropped for this particular reason, then that is a clear start of problems in TM. Specially if we happen to, God forbid, drop points in the next 2 games. As for now...it is already clear TM unity is not as high as it used to be.

uhl

Jun 20, 2021
First of all, Taremi is 100% at fault here. What he did was totally unprofessional.

Now, if the coach had put his head in the sand and pretended like nothing had happened then that would have created long term problems that potentially could have gotten out of control.

So something had to be done.

What I’m hoping for is that Taremi either meets with Skocic privately or publicly apologizes so we can get passed all this mess. Perhaps the federation can be an intermediary here.

I just hope this doesn’t get out of control and bridges get burned in the process.

Bong

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
It is a very unfortunate situation, but Taremi left Skocic no choice. Without excluding Taremi, Skocic would lose credibility and authority. Skocic has done a remarkably good job as TM coach, but for whatever reason he has some strong critics. It is as if these critics want to sabotage TM, and now Taremi has joined the efforts to undermine the strength and unity of TM. He is a low IQ retard, even if he has evolved into a good player of late at Porto.

Ali N.

Aug 3, 2004
This is so stupid! Taremi did not criticize the coach in any way as the media has tried to paint it. He simply said Iranians are good in tactics and understanding football. That's it!

If he is dropped for this particular reason, then that is a clear start of problems in TM. Specially if we happen to, God forbid, drop points in the next 2 games. As for now...it is already clear TM unity is not as high as it used to be.
I agree! I don't think Taremi was criticizing the head coach, he simply was saying that iranian players understand tactics too... he gave his opinion. I don't think we should make this case bigger than it is, bringing in a new forward may not be a bad idea after all... before we get to the crucial stages!

Oct 18, 2010
i voted no, since i don't agree with mehdi's exclusion.

but i also understand and support dragan to
choose the players that he deems best for
his team at any time.

Tehol Bedict

Aug 6, 2021
Helvetia 🇨🇭
bringing in a new forward may not be a bad idea after all... before we get to the crucial stages!
This is a good point...

Allahyar has made the step on a club level which perhaps no other Iranian player has done by his age (20)

- if Skocic plays him in the next two games and he performs well then this will be a great experience for him.

Because we have to be prepared for injuries so having a third forward on the level of Azmoun and Taremi will be important.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Taremi didn't just say that Iranian players have tactic, but said the problem in TM is due something else meaning Skokic.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
عرض کنم که بازيکنان ايرانی علاوه بر تکنيک فردی و جنگندگی و‌ .… از لحاظ دانش فوتبال و تاکتيک خيلی درک بالايی دارند ولی متاسفانه مشکلات جايی ديگر است زنده باد ايران

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
I agree! I don't think Taremi was criticizing the head coach, he simply was saying that iranian players understand tactics too... he gave his opinion. I don't think we should make this case bigger than it is, bringing in a new forward may not be a bad idea after all... before we get to the crucial stages!
If he wasn't criticising the coach he should have made that clear in a follow up post and said so.

He said what he said and then didn't make any effort to clear up the mess he created.
I think it's the right decision to drop him for these two games to send a clear signal to all the squad to know their place and that no one is above the law.
He should come out clean and apologise for the misunderstanding and make it clear he didn't mean to target the coach.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Taremi didn't just say that Iranian players have tactic, but said the problem in TM is due something else meaning Skokic.
How do you know the last sentence meant Skocic? When I read it the first time, my thoughts were directly pointing at IFF and how our football is handled as a whole.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
If he wasn't criticising the coach he should have made that clear in a follow up post and said so.

He said what he said and then didn't make any effort to clear up the mess he created.
I think it's the right decision to drop him for these two games to send a clear signal to all the squad to know their place and that no one is above the law.
He should come out clean and apologise for the misunderstanding and make it clear he didn't mean to target the coach.
But oghab jan, he should have cleared what up? Stating an opinion? In no way his statement was insulting or disrespectful towards anyone! Media have made this much worse than it is.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
This is a good point...

Allahyar has made the step on a club level which perhaps no other Iranian player has done by his age (20)

- if Skocic plays him in the next two games and he performs well then this will be a great experience for him.

Because we have to be prepared for injuries so having a third forward on the level of Azmoun and Taremi will be important.
Sure, inclusion of Allahyar is great but shouldn't have happened in expense of one of our best players.

Having said that, this may actually do Taremi good. It may help him to get his lost motivation and focus back in Porto. In their last game against Milan he didn't look like his usual self. Now he is going to want to show Skocic how much he is needed in TM.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
But oghab jan, he should have cleared what up? Stating an opinion? In no way his statement was insulting or disrespectful towards anyone! Media have made this much worse than it is.
He caused a problem, obviously if he didn't mean to target the coach he should have cleared it up.

I don’t care if he was as good as Messi ,he shouldn't set a bad example and bring the campaign into disrepute.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
He caused a problem, obviously if he didn't mean to target the coach he should have cleared it up.

I don’t care if he was as good as Messi ,he shouldn't set a bad example and bring the campaign into disrepute.
He may have targeted the coach but in a completely respectful way, simply stating his opinion about Iranian players in general. He was not like Azizi, Rahmati or Aghili who left TM camp or criticized the coach and his job in a disrespectful way.

This was a no problem until the media made it one and we are falling for it.

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
This is a good point...

Unfortunately it is a wrong timing for Allahyar. Turks will get him back in mid season and ask for unreasonable transfer fee and eventually Bech him for another 2 years.