Does anyone have an idea of how many tickets are bought by Iranian fans?

Oct 18, 2002
Looking at the published list of the countries and teams that have bought tickets, it looks like Iran will have a sever disadvantage in terms of fans in at least games with England and US games. This is an absolute shame since Iran should have filled the stadiums considering the close proximity of the location of the games. I am afraid if we don't have a ton of support at the game (fan wise) we may have a tough time in our group :(

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Looking at the published list of the countries and teams that have bought tickets, it looks like Iran will have a sever disadvantage in terms of fans in at least games with England and US games. This is an absolute shame since Iran should have filled the stadiums considering the close proximity of the location of the games. I am afraid if we don't have a ton of support at the game (fan wise) we may have a tough time in our group :(
You really want Iranians with currency rate of 38000 for dollars and the current economic and social situation go buy tickets and travel to Qatar and enjoy soccer game ?

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Are you serious?? So you are telling me no Iranian (in our out of Iran) is travelling, attending concerts, visiting other countries including gobbles that live and visit Dubai (happens to be a spit away from Qatar?)
Outside yes, they can. But you were talking about being close to Iran.
But inside man, I guess you don't understand that middle class has shrunk to poor these days. A family that made 15 million tomans now is equivalent to 400 dollars.

Feb 4, 2005
I was in Tehran recently and there were ads on billboards to pay almost 100 million tomans for Iran games, flight and hotel. At that time it was $3000 which is expensive for probably 99% of Iranians

Oct 18, 2002
I agree guys. The expense to go to WC is tremendous for almost 90% of people in Iran. Again I was just interested to know if anyone has seen numbers of tickets that are sold that is associated to Iran. On social front I was hoping for a lot more Iranian (like they did in Dubai) to attend and make a statement which is what I expect will happen. I really hope there will be a stoppage at 22nd minute by both teams for our beloved Jina and as show of solidarity with Iranian youth.
I am sure Qatar has contingency for this with 100s of immigrant workers dressed with Iran's uniform and holding flags, which is not what we need to see on the TV screens :(

One last thing, and on a personal level, I am not really excited about this WC as I was in the previous years for the obvious reasons. But at the end of the day, it is going to happen and I want Iran's team to do well cause they represent Iran not Islamic Republic.

Last edited:

Kian Pars

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2005
I agree guys. The expense to go to WC is tremendous for almost 90% of people in Iran. Again I was just interested to know if anyone has seen numbers of tickets that are sold that is associated to Iran. On social front I was hoping for a lot more Iranian (like they did in Dubai) to attend and make a statement which is what I expect will happen. I really hope there will be a stoppage at 22nd minute by both teams for our beloved Jina and as show of solidarity with Iranian youth.
I am sure Qatar has contingency for this with 100s of immigrant workers dressed with Iran's uniform and holding flags, which is not what we need to see on the TV screens :(

One last thing, and on a personal level, I am not really excited about this WC as I was in the previous years for the obvious reasons. But at the end of the day, it is going to happen and I want Iran's team to do well cause they represent Iran not Islamic Republic.
I hope we don't see the 2 basijis to sing the IR anthem. Hopefully they get injured the first minute of first game. I hate them that much!