Don't you hate it...

Sith

IPL Player
Jun 13, 2005
www.wegotitfirst.com
When your non-persian friends/co-workers give their opinion on the current situation of our country? Seriously.

I've had the toughest week of my life. I'm under constant threat of completely losing it on someone, and all I do is force myself to stay put, and not react to what they have to say.

I mean if you're Iranian, and you support the regime, then I'm truly sorry for your lack of courage, but if you're not Iranian, and you show the slightest sign of support for either party, then we have a problem. Specially if you don't know what you're talking about.

Today I got suspended for an entire week (without pay), because I took a swing at some Lebanese guy at work. He mocked me for wearing a green armband, and that wasn't the end of it. Cause normally I don't give a fly about what people may think of me, but then he went on and said how the people in Iran deserve what they're getting, and that they should simply accept the elections, and move on.

Clearly he didn't know what the frack he was talking about, so I lost control, and took a swing at him. Next thing you know hes rolling on the floor, like I knocked his teeth out or something, but I knew I didn't hit that hard for him to scream like that. My manager suspended me alone, and she didn't care much to hear me out. If anything he deserves to get suspended for provoking me, but a ''Good-day Bardya'' was all I got.

So now I regret not hitting him harder, and I'm also puzzled... Cause I don't want this to happen anymore. The situation in Iran has made me so sensitive, that the smallest comment can light me up.

My question is, how do you guys deal with the pressure?

Jun 18, 2005
Though you did a wrong thing by taking a swing at the guy, I am sure the guy also crossed the line by making the work place a very uncomfortable environment for you.

Maybe lawyers on ISP could help you out.

Oct 18, 2002
It does not happen in my workplace, but with others I would get aggressive and tell them not to open their mouth about things they have no idea about. I would not hit them of course. But if they are arabs, I would mock them for lacking the guts to do what we did, and how they deserve to get bitchslapped by Israelies.

Unfortunately I don't think you can use legal remedies now that you have hit the bastard. Otherwise you could have filed a discrimination complaint against them for hostile work environment.

Oct 20, 2003
I honestly think you are lucky not to be fired from your job, or an assault charge was not leveled against you. There are tons of ignorant people around, one cannot physically confront them, and one shouldn't. I would give them a look which would be worse than an insult and ignore them. He might have had a grudge against you are against Iran and wanted to provok you, and succeeded. A bortherly advice, do not fall into the trap again, you may be paying a heavy price.

Jul 28, 2007
Sith jan,

I know where you're coming from. I have had similar situation with lebanese, indian..paki coworkers. But you know what, over the past 7 years, I have treated them like pieces of shit so the moment for example the freakin' indians wanna make a comment about Iran, I remind them of my frequent visitS to India and the fact that every day 400 million indians shit on the street or outside.
or the lebs which I remind them how they suffer from inferior complexity and in every company party claim not to be arabs....and more...
There's no need to beat the shit out of them. tongue is sharper than sword bro. :)

Feb 7, 2009
When your non-persian friends/co-workers give their opinion on the current situation of our country? Seriously.

I've had the toughest week of my life. I'm under constant threat of completely losing it on someone, and all I do is force myself to stay put, and not react to what they have to say.

I mean if you're Iranian, and you support the regime, then I'm truly sorry for your lack of courage, but if you're not Iranian, and you show the slightest sign of support for either party, then we have a problem. Specially if you don't know what you're talking about.

Today I got suspended for an entire week (without pay), because I took a swing at some Lebanese guy at work. He mocked me for wearing a green armband, and that wasn't the end of it. Cause normally I don't give a fly about what people may think of me, but then he went on and said how the people in Iran deserve what they're getting, and that they should simply accept the elections, and move on.

Clearly he didn't know what the frack he was talking about, so I lost control, and took a swing at him. Next thing you know hes rolling on the floor, like I knocked his teeth out or something, but I knew I didn't hit that hard for him to scream like that. My manager suspended me alone, and she didn't care much to hear me out. If anything he deserves to get suspended for provoking me, but a ''Good-day Bardya'' was all I got.

So now I regret not hitting him harder, and I'm also puzzled... Cause I don't want this to happen anymore. The situation in Iran has made me so sensitive, that the smallest comment can light me up.

If a freaking Arab tell me that Iranians deserve to get beat up I would definitely do the same thing ideally I would try to get them outside of the workplace I have to say that I am pretty lucky and everyone at my work has been very supportive of this movement even few Arabs that I know, I know it doesnt sound mature but I have to say that I am proud of you to make that bitch scream and cry.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
People at my work are generally very sympathetic towards Iranians and they mostly hate (yes HATE) AN.

I have a Palestinian friend who has been in love with AN since he got elected. Last week he called me and asked how I felt about the protests. He went on and on about how Mousavi is a US poppet and I was telling him to shut up. After that conversation, I simply stopped answering his calls.

Yesterday he called me multiple times and I simply refused to answer. Today he left me a voicemail and said "Hey man. I'm sorry I said those things. I just saw some of the videos on your facebook profile and I feel terrible. I didn't know how strongly you felt about this and after seeing those videos I can see that I was wrong about Iran. They hate the mullahs. It's obvious that they hate them. Listen I'm sorry."

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
an Iraqi friend of mine at uni also asked me the other day why the people don't just accept the outcome. He said, isn't it possible that AN just won the elections? Why do the people demonstrate like that? Luckily he didn't make judgements or anything, I explained the whole thing to him and he understood haha

spanx

Bench Warmer
Dec 19, 2005
When do you guys work? shoma ke hamatoon sob ta shab injayeen ... lol

Dude, I don't want to sound racist but it's the truth, these Arabs have no balls themselves, so they can't comprehend what courage it takes to go on the streets and put your life in danger volunteerly for what you believe in, even when you think your chances of success are less than 5% ...

And deep down they hate persians, it's pretty fucking obvious ... you probably got away with just a one week suspension and that dude's going to be your bitch the rest of the way ... careful he doesn't suicide bomb you though ...

feyenoord

Bench Warmer
Aug 23, 2005
We have a lot of Saudi Arabian guys and also guys from other Arab countries at university of Auckland. Many of them (some whom are shiite and believe in Walih Fagih) talked to us about this issue. Some of them supported AN in the beginning and we explained to them how the situation in Iran really is. A few still hold the same views but we have changed the view of many as well. Genreally, Arabs here in Auckland have been more supportive towards the Iranian people, but than again Arabs in NZ are quite educated.

As hard as it is, you should ignore the people who support AN.

May 9, 2004
دستت درد نکند
خوبش کردی میخواستی بگی به تو چه مربوطه مرتیکه الدنگ میخواستی بگی شما لبنانی ها که همش تو سر و کله هم میزنید من گفتم چرا؟
باز بهت افرین میگویم پسرم
درود بر شرفت

Life is cruel, it' a fact we all have to cope with and to be honest - I'm coping very well with the situation. A little stressed but without any disrespect to Michael Jackson but I'm glad he's in the front pages of the papers instead of mass protests in Tehran. But the non-Persians where i live are worried and sympathetic. I think Iran is becoming more of a populqr country amongst Brits and am happy that people don't disciminate Iranians anymore.

Aug 27, 2005
Band e 209
Bardya Arjmand,

Legally you're lucky you have not been charged with assault with bodily injuring.

But morally and from Iranian point of view " NICE JOB!!", I would definitely buy you a drink if I was in your neck of the wood.
For the future I would say just ignore them, there won't be a conversation if you don't respond to the them.

Kaesra

Bench Warmer
May 29, 2006
Holland
I have the same problem, but its more that I get annoyed and irritated, I dont use force. A lot of foreign friends actually think AN is a big guy and they complement me on having such a pres. that doesnt take shit from anyone and has big balls ... U can see why I get irritated by this ... very very irritated. And thats why I dont like when people who dont know shit about my country start talking and judging my country, the dutch guys normally say how bad my country is and all, to some degree they are right and not everything they say is crap, but they dont know the situation and details and shouldnt judge either way good or bad, they cant associate IRI with the people of Iran, I got into very heated discussion in the past and also during recent events I get frustrated by the fact that nobody understands me and even downplay the events. And also bc alot of dutch friends see me as dutch and dont even get why I care for what is happening.

Anyway like others said your happy that you didnt get off worse, the guy deserved it though. I kinda try to avoid talking to non iranian friends about the situation now, kinda hard to do for me but handling it by myself is better than getting mad with friends.

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
Nothing gives me more pleasure than seeing Iranian compatriots with Green bands and flags next to the shiro khorshid and leftist flags, shout the same slogan: Marg bar Dictator, Marg bar Khamenei, Marg bar Akhoond, etc.,
I am a Shir o Khorshid guy myslef - I know there is no way we can win the war against IRI without the Greens next to us. From what I know, the Greens are people who thought:
-Could use Moussavi to destroy IRI from within (just like most Khatami Fans), or
- Thought IRI could be reformed (know better now), and finally
- They could fix Iran by getting rid of Velayat Faghih.

Well, Kids in Iran made this unity happen - but we must be extremely careful not to allow IRI agents break it up - because try, they will.
Let me tell you about their splitting-out techniques. First they pose as either extreme Shahi, leftist or Extreme Moussavi fan. Then they start saying/writing insane things giving a bad extreme image to all sides. Then they consistantly bombard us with irrelevant news on Iran (Mostly what IRI officials have done or said) to keep us reactive and distract us from being proactive.

Keep and expand the Unity - it's our biggest achievement, and our winning card.

Jun 18, 2009
Great post masoudA!!! I was at a protest in DC recently and there was a guy running around with a shir-o-khorshid flag screeming "MARG BAR MOUSAVI" I went to talk to him and of course he was so rude that we ended up just cussing each other out. An hour later, one of my friends came and told me that the guy had been at another event recently where all he did was start shit with other people. The IR agents are despicable. You are absolutely right - they style themselves as extremists of various camps and come just to cause disruption. We must be very careful not to fall in their trap. I've been much more tolerant of others these past few weeks and I love seeing how united we are all becoming.

eshghi

News Team
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, CA
Dear Sith, take this from an older guy who has had first hand experience in this sort of thing. I got into some very heated arguements (no punches or anything) at work a few years ago, and I am quite certain it had a major impact on me being laid off a couple of months afterwards. If you are asked to comment or give an opinion about some politcal issue at work, no matter how passionate you may be about the subject at hand, dance your way around the subject and keep your opinions to yourself. It is very difficult to do so, but most of the times, your indiscretions won't serve you well at all. I have to be very honest here. You are very lucky you were not outright fired for throwing a punch at the guy. Again, I know it is difficult at times, but you do need to keep your emotions in check. The world is full of ignorant people. If everyone of them deserved a punch, 90% of people out there would be walking around with swollen eyes.

Sith

IPL Player
Jun 13, 2005
www.wegotitfirst.com
Everyone is focusing on the fact that I didn't get fired. I guess that's a plus, because I thought the suspension was too much.

I'm the nicest guy you'll ever meet. I always try to avoid fights. But you guys are absolutely right. I gotta control myself better when it comes to any discussion involving Iran, but some of these Arabs... they talk about A.N on purpose. Like they don't have anything else to say to each other.

I don't regret what I've done, though I admit it was very wrong. One things for sure, they'll never talk about Iran around me anymore.

Thank you for your comments guys.