Dr. Javad Zarif Interview on ABC

Oct 18, 2002
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/09/iranian-foreign-minister-javad-zarif-holocaust-a-heinous-crime-and-a-genocide

Well, he speaks pretty decently. He is well-educated and he knows how to present IRI in the West.

However, what stucks me was his explanation that Iran “...condemn killing of innocent people.” Interesting, what about killing of your hamvatan in your domestic demonstrations just few years ago?

At the end it doesnt much matter to stick on those trillions mistake in the past. If his explanations is enough and helpful to change many important issues insight and outsight Iran, let it be and lets hope for a better living as I doubt that IRI will ever change the way you and I like to have....

Enjoy the interview

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
wow...I thought he talked really well! Both language wise and political wise. If this continues and they don't put stones on Rohani and his gang's way, I could actually see a tiny relation between the US and Iran sooner than I thought. But that's a big IF!

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
However, what stucks me was his explanation that Iran “...condemn killing of innocent people.” Interesting, what about killing of your hamvatan in your domestic demonstrations just few years ago?

At the end it doesnt much matter to stick on those trillions mistake in the past. If his explanations is enough and helpful to change many important issues insight and outsight Iran, let it be and lets hope for a better living as I doubt that IRI will ever change the way you and I like to have....
I agree with your last statement but for what it's worth, he did say in his twitter that "The man who was perceived to be denying it (the holocaust) is now gone". So I guess it also means with everything else Ahmadinejad said or did during his presidency.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
IMHO he is probably the best diplomat Iranian has produced in the past 40 years or so.

He knows how to calm the other side down and turn the interrogation into a conversation.

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
It is amazing how SANCTIONS, yes, SANCTIONS brought these guys to their knees begging for mercy from the West :)

What is more amazing is what this clown is saying about free election in Iran and Iranian people being able to choose their OWN faith and how the our so called educated citizens living in west who have experience of the Khatami time are Jeezing their pants over this BS and this SHOW.

Simply Amazing ...

Oct 18, 2002
I agree with your last statement but for what it's worth, he did say in his twitter that "The man who was perceived to be denying it (the holocaust) is now gone". So I guess it also means with everything else Ahmadinejad said or did during his presidency.
You know this holocaust denying thing is actually not what AN really said. He claimed the existence but he did not directly denied the happening. He used it as a statement to defend Palestinians and their political fundamentals. Top of that, it was the best headline for the media to put IRI down. AN also met with Jews in NY and also mentioned Jews as a rightful religion and also under his reign you had some in his government...

Nevermind, it looks like media, especially in the US, got the OK from somebody to show Iran as not evil alike. Likewise Irans new politicians know how to present themselves

Dr. Zarif is in my eyes still someone who defends a brutal regime which for decades put its society under rules and regulations which are not peacefully and democratic. Now, time will show and tell how far Dr. Zarif will go when some fanatics will turn their back down to his president Rohani and Co.
When I see that he is succeeding insight Iran with his peaceful and just approach than we can hope for a better Iran and for a somehow decent change.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2002
It is amazing how SANCTIONS, yes, SANCTIONS brought these guys to their knees begging for mercy from the West :)

What is more amazing is what this clown is saying about free election in Iran and Iranian people being able to choose their OWN faith and how the our so called educated citizens living in west who have experience of the Khatami time are Jeezing their pants over this BS and this SHOW.

Simply Amazing ...
You know I was also thinking that those sanctions are the reason for a change. But here comes my big DOUBT

IRI has benefited for decades to live under this sanctions. Many small businesses opened ways to get their goods from the other channels. So many "shalatans" benefited under AN and Co reign and still do. The mass of Irans population does not, but most of us know the majority in Iran is against its goverment and as long some hardliners benefit, its all good...

Also, US gov. has realized that behind all that mass in Syria, Iraq and some part of Afghanistan, IRI has somehow certain influences. Meaning bombing Syria which wont let Assad to fall down, makes no sense at the end. Budgetary deficit in the US hits the goverment severly. Dropping expensive bombs and not taking an advantage of it, will raise more domestic concern and deficits. Russia and China do not allow US anymore to do whatever they like to do.

Now, finding ways to let Iran be involved is a sign that this sanction has caused damages on both side. As IRI is helping the enemy very well and US is clueless in the middle east. SO those sanctions have damaged US and European foreign policy a lot, too. Hence, they are jsut waiting to get along with IRI

Last edited:

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
IMHO he is probably the best diplomat Iranian has produced in the past 40 years or so.

He knows how to calm the other side down and turn the interrogation into a conversation.
I don't care what establishment he belongs to , I like him because he and the new president have made positive changes and once again our great nation is gaining respect and admiration ,reducing tension and working to promote peace and stability , giving hope to millions of Iranians for a better life which they very much deserve .

Whoever works for the benefit and welfare of Iran has my support irrespective of his looks and beliefs ...

I think Rohani's move not to rush into meeting Obama was very dignified and his phone conversation minutes before leaving New york was also a great move , definitley isolated israelie war mongers .

Oct 18, 2002
I don't care what establishment he belongs to , I like him because he and the new president have made positive changes and once again our great nation is gaining respect and admiration ,reducing tension and working to promote peace and stability , giving hope to millions of Iranians for a better life which they very much deserve .

Whoever works for the benefit and welfare of Iran has my support irrespective of his looks and beliefs ...

I think Rohani's move not to rush into meeting Obama was very dignified and his phone conversation minutes before leaving New york was also a great move , definitley isolated israelie war mongers .
Agree, but still too early to make such conclusion. Talking is good but managing and handling the issue is what it counts at the end.
In the past we had such situation, Khatami was a great talker and good representative of the Akhund but at the end he just failed

feyenoord

Bench Warmer
Aug 23, 2005
I do not think sanctions have brought IR to their knees. The only thing that made IR to change its course was the elections and the clear message it gave to the hawks in IR. A while ago many were saying nothing will change. Now that things have changed, they try to blame to something else.

The truth is that you can fool yourself as much as you want based on hatred for IR (which is justified) but empirical evidence shows otherwise. For example, Sepah has in fact been strengthen because of sanctions.

Nov 29, 2002
Forget where you stand on IRI and the factions within it, but Zarif killed it. He had a logical answer for every question.

Its not an ideal scenario but so much better than Dr. AN's era to have someone who doesn't make me embarrassed when he opens his mouth.

But this part (the words) are the easy part, now this pairing (Khatami era 2.0) have to follow with actions which bring about proper change. This requires balls.

Hassan1980

Bench Warmer
Feb 17, 2008
He is a well spoken and skilled diplomat, but a pathetic liar ("Lost in translation"?!!)
Funny thing i noticed, the group who calls Zarif and Rouhani liars are exactly Nutjobyahoo and his puppets, so congratz to you sir, you have found a common ground with Nutjobyahoo. Tells alot about you and that sellout who thanked you.

Oct 18, 2002
Funny thing i noticed, the group who calls Zarif and Rouhani liars are exactly Nutjobyahoo and his puppets, so congratz to you sir, you have found a common ground with Nutjobyahoo. Tells alot about you and that sellout who thanked you.
Hassan1980, I do not think you go to a right direction with those harsh comments. I understand that you are emotional and cannot stand someone who does not want to give even a moderate politican a chance to make life in Iran better. Everyone here has a different perspective of Iranian happenings. My view comes as a foreigner who hasnt lived in Iran. However, when I build my thoughts and ideas I try to let the audience know why I have a mistrust or why I cannot trust the current president much. As I try to read a lot, talk to Iranians and get their perspective about domestic problems. For someone who somehow lived in a free country and got fair education, it makes me easier to be more critical about certain issues.
I really hope that Rohani and Zarif can lead Iran to a better place without sanctions and better living standard for people insight Iran. It wont influence my life much; however, it makes me happy that casual Iranians do not have to pay expensive goods and they just can live better. Anyhow, stop to be so angry if someone is not too fair in your eyes. Convience him with strong arguments and facts what Rohani has done so far that makes life in Iran for domestic Iranians better.

Hassan1980

Bench Warmer
Feb 17, 2008
Hassan1980, I do not think you go to a right direction with those harsh comments. I understand that you are emotional and cannot stand someone who does not want to give even a moderate politican a chance to make life in Iran better. Everyone here has a different perspective of Iranian happenings. My view comes as a foreigner who hasnt lived in Iran. However, when I build my thoughts and ideas I try to let the audience know why I have a mistrust or why I cannot trust the current president much. As I try to read a lot, talk to Iranians and get their perspective about domestic problems. For someone who somehow lived in a free country and got fair education, it makes me easier to be more critical about certain issues.
I really hope that Rohani and Zarif can lead Iran to a better place without sanctions and better living standard for people insight Iran. It wont influence my life much; however, it makes me happy that casual Iranians do not have to pay expensive goods and they just can live better. Anyhow, stop to be so angry if someone is not too fair in your eyes. Convience him with strong arguments and facts what Rohani has done so far that makes life in Iran for domestic Iranians better.
I agree with you about the need to remain logical and refrain from being emotional especially on sensitive issues. You made good points and i agree that Zarif and Rouhani should be given more time to show what they are capable of. But the part i disagree with you when you say that i should ''convince'' them. You see my friend, when you are infront a group of zionists (or their supporters) there is no such thing as logic between you and them anymore. I had respect for a few members here including Bihonar and i even sent him pm's telling him my wish with people like him is to expand friendship but this guy (and his friends) keep surprising me (in a bad way) over and over again. In agha dare khodesho mikoshe vase sahyoonista !! for what ? for what cause ? zionism = sick ideology , infact zionism is against a ''free'' or ''democratic'' Iran.

Its funny yet sad at the same time seeing a Iranian expat talking along the same lines as the Zionists in Telaviv or their puppets in the Congress and senate.
To conclude : no logic exists with these people, its either defeat or victory.