DVD burning software

khompareh

Bench Warmer
Oct 16, 2004
I just got given a dvd writer. It is an NEC DVDRW 3100A. Unfortunately I don't have any DVD burning software. I have Nero 6.0 for ordinary CD. What software can I use to burn DVD. I just bought some DVD+R 4x discs.

Khorus

National Team Player
Oct 25, 2002
CA
A lot of the newer DVDs are double layer, and if your DVD writer is a single layer one, or if you can't find double layer blank DVDs (I don't see them very often), you can use DVDshrink (freeware). It decrypts and compresses the video so it would fit on a single layer DVD and then you can pass it on to Nero (an option in DVDshrink) to burn the DVD. The quality is good even with the compression, especially if you get rid of things like multiple languages and subtitles, etc. You can also use DVDdecrypter if you like (also freeware). I use shrink because I don't have a lot of disk space. With decrypter, you have to copy the DVD to disk first, then use shrink to compress it, which is all fine, but for someone like me who has about 10G of free space, it is too much.

anoush

Bench Warmer
Aug 14, 2004
footballlover said:
BUt can you burn rental DVD's with it? I have heared that they have a code sothat people can't burn them.

u dont even need to rent a dvd, just download the movie you want off bittorrent or limewire or something, then nero can transcode the file into dvd format. hehehe.