Enayati or Hashemian - Kia or Kazemian

Jan 29, 2004
We have about 3 weeks left for TM match against Japan.
It's obvious a win in that match will greatly increase our chances to advance to WC2006. So we need to have the best and most prepared team against Japan on that day.

One of the main problems with TM against Bahrain was the sub par play of a few players who have not been playing regular club matches this season. In particular, Hashemian and Kia displayed a shadow of what we had expected from them. I see in IPL 2 players who are arguably having their best form ever right now. They are Enayati and Kazemian.

If we expect to win against Japan I would hope that Enayati and Kazemian get the start over Hashemian and Kia who have been warming the bench for a long time and are out of shape and out of form.

We can't give a starting job to players becasue of reputation, Bronko needs to look at the players and ask them "what have you done for me lately" before starting them in the team.

averageniceguy

National Team Player
Apr 14, 2003
north pole (almost)
but care has to be taken as japan is a hard team to beat. therefore i think rather more experienced players should be relied upon. true that mahdavikia and hashemian have been out of form, but on the other hand, they are well rested and hungry. i think these 2 veterans should start, but should be substituted if things dont go well.
unfortunately the coach seems to have a substitution-phobia, so that leaves me with a dilemna.
none of daei, hashemian, kia and others should stay on the field if they are tripping over themselves.

Behrang(ISP)

King of Posts
Oct 16, 2002
www.iransportspress.com
I think it should be Kia and Hashemian but I also believe we should make use of our subs and not fear changing players... in second half the additions of Kazemian, Enayati and even Mobali can create a spark for our team... who they come in for is the question...

Abedzaadeh

IPL Player
Jan 23, 2003
You have a point. We have a dilemma of whether to use our "names" or the players in form.

We have a big problem in striker area:

Daei: seems out of form and getting old
Hashemian: Has undoubted quality but probably out of shape and definitely out of match practice.
Borhani: Great speed and skills, but misses far too many chances.
Enayati: Scores a lot in IPL but is he really international class?
Majidi: LOL

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
It should be Kazemian and Hashemian(that rymes!).

Kazemian has been truely superb lately. I'm one of those who hates making a big fuss everytime someone plays good for 10 minutes, but Kazemian has been consistently the best player in Perspolise for the entire season so far. On the other hand Kia was really crap at some point and didn't perform too well in our last game(who did?!), but the news suggest that he is doing better now. This means that a young Kazemian could be a very good challenge for an experienced Kia who has somewhat lost his touch in TM. Kazemian should start.

Enayati has been great, but since Branko doesn't use Hashemian as a striker, this means the player who plays behind or beside Daei has to be technically able and fast. Hashemian is a head and shoulder above Enayati in that manner. Their goal-scoring abilities are very comparable, but again this is not a striking position we're talking about.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Enayati is overrated! I don't know how he was in Aboumoslem but from what I've seen from him (at least this season), he's too overrated. He's just in a very good team which explains his scoring record, that's all!

Hashemian should definitly start..... as far az Kia and Kazemian...well...I hope Branko lets the more "in form" player start!

Bauvafa

Bench Warmer
Oct 26, 2004
cheif jan,
Hashemian didn't have the worst game, he was very active but the problem is that he was playing out of position.

Kazemian is bursting with confidence just like Enayati, a good coach would milk both of them to his advantage.

Jan 29, 2004
LOL! You guys must not be watching Enayati and busy watching Hashemain play every week at Bayern :D

At the moment Eanyati is in a much better form than Hashemian. Techincally he is better than Hashemian with his foot and also unlike him he is a natural lefty, he is also as good and perhaps even better than Hashemian in using his head to score or setup other players. Hashemian has better physical strength than Enayati.

Stats don't lie. Enayati has been the leading goal scorer in IPl's history with 54 goals, the next guy behind him is Nekounam with only 29 goals!!!!! He has scored these with one season at Abumoslem and 3 seasons at Esteghlal. No other striker in IPL comes close to him. And he has been playing with players that have rarely made it to TM. So he is doing a large part of this on his own brilliance.

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
Kazemian can play on the left wing...but there's no way he can replace Kia. Yeah, he is fine and stuff, but come on...are you kidding? This is just like asking to bench Aimar for D'Alessandro, because D'Alessandro plays and Aimar doesn't in his club. So what? Who cares?

same with Hashemian and Enayati. Btw. Hashemian as striker would be a completely different scenario.
Hashemian striker, Kazemian left wing, Daei next to Branko..

Jan 29, 2004
Hashemian himself said he was not playing out of position in Bahrain game. I believe him.

Here is another subtle problem with starting Hashemian against Japan:

When you play at Azadi you are supposed to have a home field advantage. I can not recall the last time that Hashemian ever played on that pitch. Someone can help me here but to him playing in Azadi must be like playing in an away pitch. On the other hand Enayati and Kazemian have played on that pitch for this whole season.

I am not trying to argue but if you want to argue you need to have some basic data to back up your arguments, stats would be nice.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Chief said:
Stats don't lie. Enayati has been the leading goal scorer in IPl's history with 54 goals, the next guy behind him is Nekounam with only 29 goals!!!!! He has scored these with one season at Abumoslem and 3 seasons at Esteghlal.
Well with counting this year, IPL's history is only 4 years.

As I said, I don't know how he was with Aboumoslem but he's been in a very good team (Esteghlal) in the past few years! He got the best goal scorer record firstly with Aboumoslem and once with Esteghlal (this is season is not over yet but with this season it'll be twice with eses). Who knows...if Esteghlal had a better finisher, they might have had won IPL once or twice during this time. (Remember that in the beginning of this season, Samereh had the same number of goals scored as Enayati but with ALOT less playing time)!

I guess all I'm trying to say is....Enayati is a good striker but not that good to be starting in TM instead of Hashemian! He's been tried out in TM before and didn't really do much!

Agha Shojaa

Elite Member
Nov 8, 2002
Canada
bebin een hashemian cheghadr badbakht shodeh keh some people want Enyati instead of him. Enayati is only good for IPL...and remember, if he became IPL aghayeh goal it was due to the 7 or 8 goals that he scored against Pegah in Aboo's last game!!!

TheAli

Bench Warmer
Jul 8, 2003
3-rahe Farmaniye
I agree with BT. Kia should be subbed with Kazemian while Enayati should remain on the bench. I suggest subbing Vahid with Mobali (or Kazemian). Branko subbed Vahid with Mobali in the previous encounter, but he did that when it was too late to win it! Kia has not been doing well this year and I do not know the reason why. So Kazemian is a very good replacement for him somewhere in the early second half of the game!

Oct 31, 2004
DOnt see whats so good bout Enayati, I know he's top scorer in the IPL but almost all of his goals have been shitty. HOw are you guys comparing him to Hashemian. Enayti isn't the smartest player either and he also falls down way to easily the Japan defense will eat him alive

Jan 29, 2004
What has Hashemian done lately that deserves a starting spot on TM? Just give me 3 good reasons.

If you have any reason to favor Hashemian over Enayati you should provide some data to back it up. Otherwise it becomes just a preference on your part not an analytical selection.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Chief said:
What has Hashemian done lately that deserves a starting spot on TM? Just give me 3 good reasons.

If you have any reason to favor Hashemian over Enayati you should provide some data to back it up. Otherwise it becomes just a preference on your part not an analytical selection.
Just the fact that a club like Bayern has bought him, even just to be on their bench, is a good reason enough to buy all the 3 reasons you are looking for.

If Enayati was better than Hashemian, he would have been in Bayern instead! But he's not even playing in bundesliga and he's not even interesting to UAE clubs! That should be enough reasons for why Hashemian should start!

halftime

Bench Warmer
Nov 24, 2004
Coaches normally stick with experience players for crucial matches in every other position except the striking position. For strikers, most will go with in form players. Strikers need goals to boost their confidence and Enayati is the only striker in Iran who is getting the goals right now. I would prefer Hashemian if he was match fit, but the problem is he is not and it shows. His touch was very poor against Bahrain and this is because he is not match fit.

Go Iran

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
I would like to see Hashemian & Daei upfront & to sub Enayati in place of whoever of the 2 who are not performing well. Although we all know that even if Daei misses 10000000000 chances he won't be subbed out.