English Premier League 2015-16 Fixtures , News , Transfers , Match Updates [R]

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
Manchester United are now officially the first football club to be worth over 1 Billion dollars.

I thought Man United is worth more than 3 billions and both Madrid and Barca worth more now. I also thought Juve was the 9th most valuable soccer team. But your list says "most valuable football brand" which could be different than from club worth.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
these calculations around how much teams are worth are tricky.

it depends on how the economy is doing.

the other is that since the sell of clippers last year to Balmer for 2 billion all teams values has been inflated.

of course on a relative basis the U.S teams are worth more because the tax code is structure in a way
where they make a ton of money and they never pay taxes and get a ton of public sector subsidies.

The real reason why Sports teams values are becoming inflated is that they are the only
reliable component entertainment business that the internet has been unable to hurt in a serious way.

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
Here is more info:

Man United brand worth over $1 billion to surpass Real Madrid - report

ESPN FC's Ross Dyer explains what changes the Premier League should make as a result of the 5 billion pound TV deal.
Manchester United's "brand" is the first to be worth over $1 billion, according to a report by Brand Finance, surpassing Bayern Munich and Real Madrid.

The report lists the world's top 50 most valuable football brands in 2015, with United top of the list after they were ranked third in the previous edition.

United have a "brand value" of $1.206 billion, up from $739 million in 2014, to lift them above second-placed Bayern ($933m) and Real ($873m).

The Old Trafford club have benefited from lucrative sponsorship deals, such as their 10-year, $1.28 billion contract with Adidas -- the biggest deal in sports-licensing history.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
ManU is probably worth more because the English speaking world has more money
and their spending power is more.

but if all the world had equal discretionary income Real and Barcelona would probably surpass them all very easily.

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
ManU is probably worth more because the English speaking world has more money
and their spending power is more.

but if all the world had equal discretionary income Real and Barcelona would probably surpass them all very easily.
I am not sure about that, United has lot of supporters in Asia and mainly in East Asia, China, Thiland, Japan, Korea and so on... I don't think they are all speaking English...
I can see Real and Barca have same kind of supporters but I don't think language would really matter and even amount of money you make. these people in far east are very poor but they die for United. anyhow, I think this ranking is base on the Brand basically like Nike, Addidas and so on. The Brand value is 1B but as far as the Team value goes, I think Real and Barca are slightly higher than United.

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
De Gea won't stay at United. He wants to win trophies and Madrid seems to be a very good choice.
Well Madrid situation is not that great either, New Coach, most likely few new players. it might take couple of years for them to win any thing with the way that Barca is playing. So as far as winning trophies I think he has better chance at United, unless Real can win the CL somehow avoiding Barca...

Feb 4, 2005
He is young and will be Madrid's #1 for the next 10 years or so unless being seriously injured. He will win more there than United. Believe me LvG hamchin ash dahan soozi nist (I hope I am wrong though)

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
Not a bad signing!!!!

TORINO COACH BACKS DARMIAN MOVE

Torino coach Giampiero Ventura has given his blessing for Matteo Darmian to join Manchester United.

Sky sources have told us Torino have accepted an initial fee of €18m (£12.9m) with a further €2m (£1.43m) in variables, and Ventura told Sky Italia it’s a good move for the club and the defender.

"Because of his desire, humility and will to achieve things, it's right to grant him the opportunity to realise a dream to play in the Champions League in a team that will fight to win it.

"The transfer of an important player like him can open the door for us to build a stronger side."