English Premier League, Cup Fixtures , Rumours, News , Transfers , Match Updates ( 2022-23)

footy

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2019
Marina Dool Rey
Neville : ..... But there's a family over there in America who are letting their employees take all the hits and that is unforgivable. Joel Glazer has got to get on a plane tomorrow, get over to Manchester and tell everyone what the hell his plan is with the football club.

Redknapp : "I get that but..."

Neville : "You've had a go at the players."

Redknapp : "You can't get blaming the owners when the players are putting in performances like that. Let me ask you a question. We didn't win the league for 30 years at Liverpool right. Look at me when I'm talking to you. They have to take responsibility, when you're a player you don't think 'I wonder what Joel Glazer is doing tomorrow?'"

Neville : "How many times are we going to say the players lack leadership, personality?"

Redknapp : "How many times are you going to say they've got to get rid of the owners?"

Neville : "They've proven they can't handle it these players - so they needed a good transfer market."

Redknapp : "It was Ed Woodward's fault - he's gone. Who's fault is it now?"

Neville : "When the business is failing its the owners of the business - its really simple"

Redknapp : "I get that about the owners, but you can't keep saying its nothing do to with the players."

Neville : "Jamie, I've heard you criticise Daniel Levy at Tottenham when they failed over a long period of time because they've had failure over 20, 30 years. That's fact. So my point is, they've failed at Man Utd for ten years. The club is rotting."

Redknapp : "But he (Levy) has got it right - you know why. He's done what you should've done and got Antonio Conte in, but you didn't want to touch him. He would've come here and got those players in better shape than what they are."

Neville : "He's (Levy) built an unbelievable stadium, got the best training ground, appointed a fantastic sporting director..."

Redknapp : "He's got a lot wrong..."

Neville : "Hang on, he's now got a manager who suits what they want to do at this moment in time. Man Utd are the opposite of that."

True, I think Conte would have shaped them up. Likes of Rashford, Pogba,Fred etc be practicing on their own if it was him.

Fan- I’ve been told they’re showing the rest of Manchester United’s games on the comedy channel!

footy

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2019
Marina Dool Rey
Totts flat first half came to life after hour mark, with a goal to tie it. Then Conte & Chelsea coach/ can't think of his name / got at ea other throat on that. THink Chelsea coach wanted a foul call earlier on Havertz which the ball was contacted first IMO. Chelsea with a lot more chance and not making them. Think Totts had only one missed by Kane so far.. fifteen to go.

footy

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2019
Marina Dool Rey
Kalibooli (ck name) forces turn over and ball is passed to James for a nice goal. Tuchel runs entire length of field in joy.

Son and bentacour flat and out.. ten to go.

Wow seeing Ghallagher (CPalace ) player in for Chelsea. Already doing well in Totts box, a nice pass and another Opp. to create something. Chelsea done well and new players gelling fine. Good looking roster, gotta see who else they added this season.

Totts shaky, aimless and flat or is it Chelsea forcing that?

Broja is in for Cheslea, from memory a great forward last season, forgot who he played for .

Last edited:

footy

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2019
Marina Dool Rey
Coaches handshakes turns into another circus , Tuchel wouldn't let go of Conte's hand, somehow conte ends up w Red. lmao.

Conte extremely lucky last season and this game. Totts played nothing played shit, still pulled the point. Not sure why they didn't have it together, again maybe Chelsea forced it. Gotta see if Tuchels subs backfired a bit or what.

Guardian
Conte and Tuchel shake hands, I think Conte gives Tuchel the old squeeze and both men flare up! But various killjoys rob us of the slap and tickle so we have to make do with a red card apiece! Lovely, lovely stuff. Football!

https://i2-prod.mirror.co.uk/incomi...S/s615b/0_Screenshot-2022-08-14-at-183141.jpg

Last edited:

footy

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2019
Marina Dool Rey
The Chelsea boss was far from happy with the positioning of Jorginho, repeatedly asking the 30-year-old to move wider to help mark Dejan Kulusevski, while Kante's distribution also frustrated the German.

When Jorginho took notice of his manager's barked instructions to play wide, the impact was clear to see. The Italian did a supreme job of keeping Kulusevski quiet, making the Swede look a shadow of the player who lit up the opening weekend of the season.

Kante was the man who often found himself with a yard of space and a counter-attacking opportunity to release Raheem Sterling in front of him.
The Frenchman has long been regarded as one of the best box-to-box operators in the business but, against Spurs, his decision-making and ability to pick out a killer pass evaded him. This was especially evident in the second half, when Kante failed to beat the first man with crosses from promising areas.

This goes some way to explaining just why Barcelona star Frenkie de Jong is not only on Manchester United's radar this summer, but also Chelsea's. The Dutchman has a brilliant blend of positional awareness and technical ability, making him one of Europe's most-attract midfield prospects, especially as he is only 25.

He is not defensive-minded enough to play as an outright No. 6, nor so offensive to warrant a No. 10 berth, so De Jong appears ideally suited to playing right at the heart of the 3-4-3 system which Chelsea have enjoyed so much success with under Tuchel. With two-and-a-half weeks remaining in the transfer window, it is up to Blues chiefs to decide whether to splash the cash on De Jong - or risk more frustrated outbursts from Tuchel as the season unfolds.

Last edited:

tajrish

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, California
I am not a big fan of that lanky Tuchel guy. He is annoying and rude. Conte himself is not the most well-behaved coach either, running around to Tuchel's box after Spurs first goal is direct provocation. But what Tuchel did after the match is inexplicable and should get him banned for at least a couple of games on the sideline. It was not a classy thing to do.
I'm a Spurs fan but they really didn't deserve a point against Chelsea, however, they showed fight and spirit, which has not been a Spur's trait for a long time. Conte will do well with Tottenham and Chelsea is a well-drilled team. I think one of these two teams will challenge City for the title this year. My early prediction for the season is City to win it comfortably at the end, Spur's/Chelsea 2nd/3rd and Liverpool/Arsenal in 4th/5th. MU will do good if they finish top half.
This is going to be a weird campaign due to the WC break/injuries so a lot can happen and it will be a hard-fought battle for the top 6.
Everton will get rid of Lampard in week 10-12 and will be relegated alongside Nottingham Forest and Southampton.
You cannot love football and not enjoy PL, by far the best league in the world.

footy

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2019
Marina Dool Rey
Totts four easy games before facing Man City

Arsenal six easy games incl Man Utd

chelsea five before meeting Liverpool

Man City four games and Barca before meeting Totts

Liverpool a bunch of easier games incl Man Utd next week

Easy games are mid or lower table teams in EPL

in four weeks Arsenal or Liverpool may be at the top alone imo.