English Premier League, FA CUP Fixtures , Rumours, News , Transfers , Match Updates ( 2020-21 )

takbetak

Elite Member
Apr 27, 2006
LOOOL. funny own goal by Arsenal keeper Leno. top candidate for clanger of the season. LOOOL.

Everton leads Arsenal by 1-0 now.

takbetak

Elite Member
Apr 27, 2006
Top save by Pickford in injury time to save the win for Everton over Arsenal.

Everton are only 3 points from 4th place Chelsea.

takbetak

Elite Member
Apr 27, 2006
FT: Arsenal 0-1 Everton

Thousands of Arsenal fans stage protest against Kroenke outside stadium

• Around 3,000 fans outside stadium before Everton game
  • Spotify founder Daniel Ek ‘happy to throw my hat in the ring’

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...stage-protest-against-kroenke-outside-stadium

Several thousand Arsenal fans have protested outside the Emirates Stadium in response to their club’s attempt to enter the doomed European Super League, calling vociferously for the Kroenke family to step aside as owners.

Arsenal have been heavily implicated in the extraordinary events of the past five days, leading to apologies from the director Josh Kroenke and the chief executive, Vinai Venkatesham. But that has done little to quell supporters’ anger at their willingness to sign up to the scheme and a vocal crowd of around 3,000 gathered in front of the ground before the team’s Premier League match against Everton.

The protests were then followed by an extraordinary tweet from the Swedish billionaire and co-founder of Spotify Daniel Ek who posted: “As a kid growing up, I’ve cheered for @Arsenal as long as I can remember. If KSE would like to sell Arsenal I’d be happy to throw my hat in the ring.”

Supporters had begun to arrive in the area from around 5pm and, at 5.55pm, moved en masse from the “podium” area around the stadium to the space in front of the club shop on Hornsey Road. Many came with flags and placards, while banners were hung from railings bearing slogans such as “Legacy Fans 1, Billionaires 0”, “Fan ownership now”, “Give us back what’s not yours” and the variants of the ubiquitous “Kroenke out”.

“We didn’t want to destroy sporting merit for the entire football family,” said one supporter, who said he had been a season ticket holder for more than 20 years. “This was a tipping point: entering us into something that isn’t part of the game.”

There was palpable anger, much of which has been bubbling during 10 years of largely unsuccessful ownership by Kroenke Sports & Entertainment, although the protest unfolded peacefully. Chants were largely directed at the Kroenkes, with some elements of a normal matchday repertoire mixed in, and continued until the moments before kick-off. Flares in the club’s colours were also set off at regular intervals.

Both sides arrived at the stadium in advance of the protest, which had been scheduled for 6pm, avoiding scenes of the kind that saw Chelsea’s team bus held up outside Stamford Bridge before they faced Brighton on Tuesday.

“This is part of our history now and we should all be very proud of what we’re doing,” said a fan who held a banner contrasting the 55 redundancies Arsenal made last summer with the Kroenkes’ personal wealth. “Ultimately we want them to sell, and we’re here to make ourselves heard.”

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
How does it work then? Top 4 plus Arsenal go to CL or Arsenal go to CL instead of 4th place team?
Top 4 + Arsenal.
This happened to Chelsea in 2012, they finished 6th in England but won the CL, so the next year Spurs who finished 4th went to Europa and Chelsea to CL.
this caused UEFA to change the rules to allow 4 + 1 from top leagues.

HOWEVER, *IF* Liverpool won the CL this year, and Arsenal won Europa League considering the MAX from any country can only be 5, this means,
(assuming today table is end of season)
Liverpool
Arsenal
Man City
Man United
Leicester
would qualify for CL and CHELSEA would go to Europa league.

Cheers,

Feb 4, 2005
Top 4 + Arsenal.
This happened to Chelsea in 2012, they finished 6th in England but won the CL, so the next year Spurs who finished 4th went to Europa and Chelsea to CL.
this caused UEFA to change the rules to allow 4 + 1 from top leagues.

HOWEVER, *IF* Liverpool won the CL this year, and Arsenal won Europa League considering the MAX from any country can only be 5, this means,
(assuming today table is end of season)
Liverpool
Arsenal
Man City
Man United
Leicester
would qualify for CL and CHELSEA would go to Europa league.

Cheers,
merci Pooya jAn

takbetak

Elite Member
Apr 27, 2006
Zaha has scored and Palace leads Leicester by 1-0 now.

Fans of Man United,Chelsea,West Ham ,Liverpool,Tottenham and Everton all united in rooting for Crystal Palace right now. LOOOL.

takbetak

Elite Member
Apr 27, 2006
Big win for Leicester City over Palace. 7 points clear of 5th place West Ham with 5 games to go.

Earning the right to play Champions League the right way.

Jan 26, 2006

takbetak

Elite Member
Apr 27, 2006
Good game of footy between Everton & Villa. end to end action with Villa having more missed chances so far. Pickford has made some great saves for Grand Old Team.

Jan 26, 2006
I love the guy and I think he has a unique class as a football player which needs the right system to be made use of, but I genuinely think he is a masochist.

Being so ecstatic whilst on the bench, to the extent of having a hard-on, it just doesn't make sense.

Really wish the best for him though, I still think because of his mentality that he will still be successful somewhere in Europe.

1619954771430.png

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Manchester United fans mount protest against US owners as Premier League match against Liverpool postponed

“The fans are protesting against an owners who for a long time had the largest salary bill in the Premier League, and paid absurd amounts of money for players like Harry Maguire and Paul Pogba. Man Uniteds self-entitled fans are part of the problem, not the solution. To glorify the fact that they today put other people at risk and interrupted the schedule shows that the media need to think about its role as well.”

Those who committed criminal acts may well have to pay the consequences but the sentiment of direct action appears valid. In the current circumstances people are living in, there has been a powerlessness, and this was a taking back of the power no matter how brief that may prove. That’s the situation that gave rise to the events of today. It might be said that launching the Super League during Covid lockdowns was premeditated, but it appears the owners and authorities did not anticipate how hard fans would kick back.

The hope, of course, is that nobody was hurt too seriously but the Premier League show will go on though perhaps a little more cautiously.