EPL Week 1, Arsenal-Sunderland,Newcastle-Spurs,Man City-Southampton,Wigan-Chelsea,Everton-Man Utd

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Last edited:

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Yep.Football is back.:)

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew could face FA punishment for push

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19311871

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew could face a Football Association reprimand for pushing a linesman during his side's win over Tottenham despite his apology.

Pardew was sent to the stands for pushing assistant referee Peter Kirkup while complaining about the ball going out for a throw-in.

Should the incident be mentioned in the referee's report by Martin Atkinson, the FA will consider a fine or a ban.

"We're overjoyed about the result but I hold my head in shame," Pardew said.

"I was just saying to the players [beforehand] about the great Olympics and how to set an example and there's me pushing the linesman over. It was comical, he just happened to be right in front of me.

"I went in and said I'm sorry [to the referees] and said I would have to apologise publicly too because it was ridiculous."

Hatem Ben Arfa's late penalty earned the points for Newcastle after Jermain Defoe replied to Demba Ba's curling strike.

dariush-44

Bench Warmer
Oct 15, 2004
Really hoping that Van Persie starts against Everton today, I got him on my Fantasy league.
Other than that, I don't got much interest in the upcoming 12pm game...unless if Everton pulls a rabbit out of their hat.

dariush-44

Bench Warmer
Oct 15, 2004
the FRO to the rescue again!!! :D

marouane-fellaini.jpg

Just glad Liverpool weren't the only ones to drop points this week...long way to go still, boys!

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
1-0 Everton and a deserved win. United had little to show other than lots of passes with no bite. Must improve.
CB injuries were also a big problem.Rio got injured in training and no back up for him last night as Smalling & Jones are also injured and Evans just got back from injury and not match fit.Carrick had to be paired with Vidic at CB and that's were a good number of Everton threats and the goal came from.

Fellaini had a big game last night.if it wasn't for De Gea saves Everton could have scored a couple of goals in the 1st half.Kagawa looked good though.and Jagielka was fantastic for Everton with some great positional defending and some goal-saving timely tackles.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Everton 1 Manchester United 0

Highlights

[video=dailymotion;xsy3vb]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xsy3vb_e-m-footyroom-com_animals?start=5[/video]

De Gea's saves

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
CB injuries were also a big problem.Rio got injured in training and no back up for him last night as Smalling & Jones are also injured and Evans just got back from injury and not match fit.Carrick had to be paired with Vidic at CB and that's were a good number of Everton threats and the goal came from.
I am not sure Rio would have defended better on the goal as enough times in the past he has made worse mistakes, stood and watched etc.

But the problem was lack of penetration from United and inability to create clear chances. I wonder how long Fergie will persist with Wellbeck with Chiccarito and RVP on the bench.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
I am not sure Rio would have defended better on the goal as enough times in the past he has made worse mistakes, stood and watched etc.
Yeah.but i would always go for a CB instead of a midfielder (Carrick) who could have done much better in his position in midfield against the likes of Fellaini.i'm quite sure that Fergie would have picked any of Smalling,Jones or even Evans over Carrick at CB if they weren't injured.

But the problem was lack of penetration from United and inability to create clear chances. I wonder how long Fergie will persist with Wellbeck with Chiccarito and RVP on the bench.
Yeah.but there were some clear chances though.that Rooney header was harder to miss than score , and Cleverley's shot was cleared by Jagielka on the way to the net.

And i thought this one was also a clear chance and should have been a foul on Wellbeck right on the edge of the box and quite possibly even a red card offense.

The good news was Kagawa's performance.he's gonna be great for Manchester United.:)

[video=youtube;oTL1c1tQkRE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTL1c1tQkRE[/video]

Last edited:

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
West Brom 3 Liverpool 0

Zoltan Gera's cracking goal for West Brom against Liverpool.

[video=youtube;CLUd2mqNktA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLUd2mqNktA[/video]

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Watching BBC Match Of The Day show right now.

great game by Swansea at QPR.Michu scored a brace and hit the bar too.good buy by Swansea from La-Liga.Dyer with 2 clinical finishes for Swansea goals.

QPR had their chances after 0-1.missed a couple and Vorms made a great save to keep Swansea ahead.Swansea was very clinical in counter attacks in the 2nd half and scored 2 goals by Dyer to make it 3-0 and then go on to win it by 5-0.

And the great Danish footballer Michael Laudrup is Swansea's new manager.welcome to English Premier League.:)

[video=youtube;TPM_uQEhwec]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPM_uQEhwec[/video]

Last edited:

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
Vidic also struggled against Fellaini, I dont know if Rio couldhave done better or not but usually when your CB having problem with one guy your GK should get involve but De Gae weakness is his size and coming out of his goal on crosses. Osman also did great, it was a good game though.
I wonder how on earth Belgium didnt make it to Euros, they have great players around Europe.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Reading leading Chelsea by 2-1. minute 56.

Reading away fans' chant is a bit funny: " Champions League , you are having a laugh "

Chelsea on constant attack though since the start of the 2nd half.