Eredivisie + Eerste Divisie thread 2014-15

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
This season there will probably also be some attention for the Eerste Divisie, unless Jahanbakhsh leaves NEC. So far NEC has told 6 players they have to leave, but Jahanbakhsh is not one of them. They're looking to either keep him in their quest for promotion, or sell him for a hefty transfer fee; they see him as one of their main cash cows. If he doesn't leave he'll most likely be a starter under the new coach, Ruud Brood.

In Eredivisie news, champions Ajax will be favourites to win it again seeing as they've pretty much kept their squad intact. The only starter to leave was Siem de Jong, who was injured most of last season anyway. Benchwarmers Poulsen and Hoesen also left, while Bojan went back to Barcelona after being an utter failure in the Eredivisie. However there's still some interest in Blind and Moisander, and one or both may well still leave. They signed strikers Milik (loan), Muric and Zivkovic, and defender Viergever, strengthening the depth of their squad. PSV lost Park (retired), Rekik (was on loan) and Schaars (injured till the winter). They're looking to strengthen the squad by loaning Rekik again and signing Defour from Porto. Besides them they're also looking to sign an attacker and a defender, and already signed a new striker, Luuk de Jong. Feyenoord lost 4 important players: Pelle, De Vrij, Janmaat and Martins Indi. They signed defenders Wilkshire and Boulahrouz and attacker Basacikoglu. They're also looking at a new striker; first choice Dost seems too expensive, and now they're going for Zapata of Napoli. Still, they seem weaker than last season and it'll probably be difficult for them to mount a serious title challenge until the end.

All in all Ajax will probably be the favourites, but a lot depends on the transfer activities of the next few weeks, especially those of PSV and Feyenoord.

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
He should leave NEC asap ...
if he can leave to an Eredivisie club where he plays every week, yes. But he shouldn't leave for a club where he'll be a substitute. At his age he needs as much playing time as possible. At NEC he'll be a starter and playing under the conditions of the Eerste Divisie, where it's mostly about hard work and physique, can be really good for him. Physique and challenges against strong defenders is one of his biggest weak points, in the Eerste Divisie he'll be forced to deal with it. Obviously it's better if he can get a lot of playing time at a higher level, but if not then staying at NEC doesn't have to be bad at all. And so far I haven't heard of any serious interest in him.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
if he can leave to an Eredivisie club where he plays every week, yes. But he shouldn't leave for a club where he'll be a substitute. At his age he needs as much playing time as possible. At NEC he'll be a starter and playing under the conditions of the Eerste Divisie, where it's mostly about hard work and physique, can be really good for him. Physique and challenges against strong defenders is one of his biggest weak points, in the Eerste Divisie he'll be forced to deal with it. Obviously it's better if he can get a lot of playing time at a higher level, but if not then staying at NEC doesn't have to be bad at all. And so far I haven't heard of any serious interest in him.
Yes I've been preaching this for years. You will not do yourself and your national team any favors by getting wasted on the bench. Yes the gold is to go to an Eiredivisie club or another division one club but the goal is to also play. Seems like Ajax dominates this league are there any teams who can challenge them or are they the Bayern Munich of their league?

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
Yes I've been preaching this for years. You will not do yourself and your national team any favors by getting wasted on the bench. Yes the gold is to go to an Eiredivisie club or another division one club but the goal is to also play. Seems like Ajax dominates this league are there any teams who can challenge them or are they the Bayern Munich of their league?
actually they can be challenged very easily, they don't have a great team at all. Last year Feyenoord had a better team and messed up, the year before it was PSV, the year before that they actually were dominant and the year before that the title could've gone to any of 3 teams and they grabbed it. Out of the 4 titles they were only really dominant in the 2nd one.The rest was all with mediocre teams and even more mediocre opponents. This season PSV can challenge them with 2 or 3 good signings, while Feyenoord needs to replace the players that left them.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
actually they can be challenged very easily, they don't have a great team at all. Last year Feyenoord had a better team and messed up, the year before it was PSV, the year before that they actually were dominant and the year before that the title could've gone to any of 3 teams and they grabbed it. Out of the 4 titles they were only really dominant in the 2nd one.The rest was all with mediocre teams and even more mediocre opponents. This season PSV can challenge them with 2 or 3 good signings, while Feyenoord needs to replace the players that left them.
Ok so it is not an open and shut case that Ajax is going to clean house there is competition well that is good at least it is not a one horse league. You know more about the league than I do I'm more of an EPL guy so it's good to get the info from a knowledgeable fan. I didn't even know we had Iranian Legionaries playing in the Eiredivisie.

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
On Bakkali: he rejected Atlético and apparently now he wants to extend his contract at PSV lol. He switched agents and that means that his last agents were probably the ones stopping him from extending and driving him crazy with other offers and possibilities to make money. Glad he saw the light, now let's see if they can reach an agreement. Hopefully they can, he remains a huge talent.

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
I'm surprised he's still at PSV!!
he could've left this summer, but he decided to extend his contract and stay in order to develop further (he hasn't outgrown the Eredivisie just yet) and also leave PSV with a prize. This is a good example of his excellent mentality, one of the reasons why I think he'll make it at the top.

Depay is an example to all youth players in Holland. Pretty much all youth players who leave early (before even making their debut at their clubs) for big clubs in Europe don't make it and disappear into obscurity, despite their talent. Hopefully seeing this will encourage more talented youngsters to stay in Holland for a few years. Other players leave soon after making their debut, while they still have a lot to learn in the Eredivisie. Examples of success stories here are also rare, Van Persie being the biggest. Depay, however, will leave next season, at just the right time. He's one of the best in the Eredivisie already, but still has aspects he can develop here. After doing that and hopefully winning prizes with PSV, he'll leave for the top. And he's got everything to make it there as well.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
My Memphis is being watched closely by all Manchester United fans & Louis van Gaal. come summer time,he'll be ours. it's fate and you can't resist fate & cash. :drunk:

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
My Memphis is being watched closely by all Manchester United fans & Louis van Gaal. come summer time,he'll be ours. it's fate and you can't resist fate & cash. :drunk:
Well every PSV fan has accepted that he'll leave next summer. Heck, we're delighted that he didn't leave this summer. And it'll be fantastic to see a PSV youth product (he came to the club when he was 12 years old) make it at the top.

How bout we try to break PSV's record sale: Ruud van Nistelrooy to, guess what, Man Utd ;)

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Well every PSV fan has accepted that he'll leave next summer. Heck, we're delighted that he didn't leave this summer. And it'll be fantastic to see a PSV youth product (he came to the club when he was 12 years old) make it at the top.

How bout we try to break PSV's record sale: Ruud van Nistelrooy to, guess what, Man Utd ;)
Why not. Man United is in record breaking mode. might as well cash on it while it lasts. :)

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
It's been a while, so I thought it was time for a little Eredivisie update..
PSV is leading the league after 19 matches :wave: with 49 points (16W 1D 2L, GD 51-15). Ajax is 6 points behind, and Feyenoord in 3rd place 14 points behind us. The results have been excellent and always fully deserved, even though our game isn't as stable as it should be. Still, we have the strongest squad and a 6 point cushion, so we really can't mess this up. Ajax has been playing very poorly, but is still on our tail because even in games in which they were dominated they managed to win points. Feyenoord has been playing good football under Rutten (better than under Koeman), but is missing a good striker which has cost them points. Koeman had Pelle to win games for him, Rutten has to make do with Kazim-Richards.

Standings at the top:
1. PSV 19-49 (51-15)
2. Ajax 19-43 (45-17)
3. Feyenoord 19-35 (33-16)

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
In the Eerste Divisie, NEC has increased their lead at the top by beating RKC Waalwijk while nr 2 Roda JC lost at home to Fortuna Sittard. The gap is now 9 pts and NEC is heading towards promotion to the Eredivisie. There has been no transfer news surrounding Jahanbakhsh, so for now it looks like he'll finish the season with NEC. Honestly I think he has plenty to learn there as well. And if they promote he can stay for another season as a first team regular in the Eredivisie. Although I do think that if he plays a good 2nd half of the season another Eredivisie team will pick him up in the summer.

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
A series of bad results by Ajax (0-0 at home against Feyenoord, 1-0 loss away against Vitesse and 0-1 loss at home against AZ) and a winning streak by PSV has increased the gap between the 2 to 12 points with 13 matches to go. The title is getting VERY close :wave: :wave: :wave:

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
And the gap has increased to 14 points with 10 matches to go; PSV kept on winning (record now: 24 played, 21W 1D 2L) while Ajax drew away against Willem II on Sunday. The title is all but official. PSV-Ajax will be played next Sunday, and I'll be there. Even though the result really doesn't matter anymore for the title, it'd be great to beat them for the 2nd time this season :wave: