Votes: 16 42.1%
  • Esteghlal

Votes: 22 57.9%

• Total voters

ardy

Legionnaire
Nov 25, 2004
San Diego Armando Maradona, CA
Well...SS is in much better shape than Perspolise, but that doesn' mean anything in SS-PP derbies. Why? b/c derby's history shows that the weaker team plays more "gheyratti" and therefore wins.

I hope SS wins thou. Having Fekri and Ali Reza Akbarpour in our squad means alot.

GOOOOOOOOOO SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

sirabi

News Team
Sep 19, 2005
I am not a fan of either team, but with apologies to the Esteghlalis and contrary to popular sentiment, my prediction is 2-1 Persepolis.

ardy

Legionnaire
Nov 25, 2004
oh....the other thing that I forgot to mention is Ghalenoie has an awsome derby record both as a player and a coach. If i'm not mistaken, he has lost the derby only once that was many years ago.

btw, I would like to see another screamer from Fekri.:belly:

Sep 25, 2005
why do people have to spell Perspolis like 'persepolis' this annoys me as that is the stupid english way of spelling it! For some reason they decided to put the e into it!!

Spell it like this 'Perspolis'

ALI M.D

Bench Warmer
Jul 8, 2003
Montreal
Realisticly any team in the league can beat Perspolis they have no Nazm in their game. esteghlal is on of the beter teams in the league this year. On paper Esteghlal has the odds, but then again this is the biggest derby in Iran so who knows what could go down.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
Im Perspolisi but anyone who has followed both teams' performances recently knows that Perspolise has no chance whatsoever to win this derby.
It wont even be a close result. it will be something like 2-0 or 3-1 for Esteghlal.

sirabi

News Team
Sep 19, 2005
wallah weghber said:
why do people have to spell Perspolis like 'persepolis' this annoys me as that is the stupid english way of spelling it! For some reason they decided to put the e into it!!

Spell it like this 'Perspolis'
Khob baba to am hala shur varet nadaareh... hala mageh chi shodeh. It doesn't take much to annoy you does it? For your information Professor, Persepolis is closer to the correct pronounciation. Perspolis would most likely be pronouced, Perzpolis in English. Persepolis is closer to our own pronounciation. And because you are hypersensitive, why don't you spell it persepolice if you want to do it correctly because it is pronounced police not polis.

ardy

Legionnaire
Nov 25, 2004
Niloufar said:
Im Perspolisi but anyone who has followed both teams' performances recently knows that Perspolise has no chance whatsoever to win this derby.
It wont even be a close result. it will be something like 2-0 or 3-1 for Esteghlal.
Nilou jaan, unfortunatly, recent performances does not mean anything here.

halftime

Bench Warmer
Nov 24, 2004
Not too confident we can get a win but I really hope the team can prove me wrong!

Would be a massive win, putting us right back into the top half of the table.

EsEs are one of the better teams in the IPL this season, and my head tells me a draw at best.

However, form goes out of the window for a derby so who knows.

Come on the Perspolis!!!!

Last edited:

eshghi

News Team
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, CA
In the last 5 years, I have never been able to predict the outcome of
this game based on performance only. Whenever I thought one side was
clearly dominant, they usually lost. It wasn't any easier to predict 30 years
ago. On the paper, Esteghlal is better by at least 2-3 goals. On the field,
who knows! Maybe another tie!

Feb 4, 2005
This game has got nothing to do with how well each team is playing. It's a totally different story and that's why I predicted only 3-1 for EsEs. Being realistic I should have said 8-0 or something for Taaj.

Khorus

National Team Player
Oct 25, 2002
CA
You need to add an option for a draw! Most of these games are ugly physicall battles with plenty of yellow and sometimes red cards. This will be another ugly draw.