EU 'agrees' Iran oil imports ban

Ali(ISP)

Tottenham till I die
Oct 16, 2002
Southampton, UK
European Union ambassadors have agreed the details of an oil embargo against Iran over its nuclear programme, diplomats say. The measures are expected to be officially approved by EU foreign ministers meeting in Brussels later. The envoys have reportedly agreed an immediate ban on all new oil contracts with Iran, while existing contracts will be honoured until 1 July. The EU currently buys around 20% of Iran's oil exports.

Tehran denies that it is trying to develop nuclear weapons and says talks and not sanctions are the only way to resolve the dispute.

Meanwhile, the Pentagon said the US aircraft carrier USS Abraham Lincoln, as well as a British Royal Navy frigate and a French warship, have passed through the Straits of Hormuz at the entrance to the Gulf without incident in the wake of Iranian threats to block the trade route.

Under the new deal, EU governments will have to stop signing new contracts with Iran the moment the ban comes into place, which could be as soon as this week, Reuters news agency reports. All existing contracts will have to be phased out by 1 July. Extra restrictive measures on Iran's central bank are also expected to be agreed by EU ministers, although no further details have been given. EU foreign policy chief Catherine Ashton repeated again on Monday her previous assertion that the sanctions were a way of persuading Iran to take part in talks.

"The pressure of sanctions is designed to try and make sure that Iran takes seriously our request to come to the table and meet," she said as she arrived at the meeting in Brussels. She said world powers had yet to receive a reply to an offer made to Iran in October to hold new talks.

UK Foreign Secretary William Hague said, as he arrived for the meeting, that the measures were an important way of increasing "the peaceful legitimate pressure on the Iranian government to enter into meaningful negotiations with the international community".

The BBC's Iran correspondent, James Reynolds, says oil is the country's most valuable asset and sales help to keep the Iranian government in money and power. A decision by the EU to stop buying from Iran may damage the Iranian economy - but in itself it won't destroy it, our correspondent says. Iran sells most of its oil to countries in Asia. The EU and the United States are now working to persuade Asian countries to reduce their purchases from Iran as well. Iran has already threatened to retaliate over the sanctions by blocking the Strait of Hormuz at the entrance to the Gulf, through which 20% of the world's oil exports pass. The US has said it would keep the trade route open, raising the possibility of a confrontation.

Late last year Iran conducted 10 days of military exercises near the Strait of Hormuz, test-firing several missiles.

Oil prices have risen already because of the increasing tension and the expected impact of an EU ban on oil supplies to Europe.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
wow never thought they would sanction Iran Oil. Its time for China to step up..
They really think Iran will back down ?
When they get to a point where they dont have $ in their pocket, they'll bow down to any request. And thats kind of sad, considering they only want stopping nuclear enrichment from IR and thats it!(and prob some free oil-trade!)

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
Its all Israel's fault Down with Israel and Israeli Lobby in USA..
Israel is such a hypocrite they got over 220 nuke bombs and not even part of NPT
Leave Iran alone we just want a peaceful nuclear program..

May 9, 2004
من اگر جای اروپا و امریکا بودم بجای اینکه نفت ایران را تحریم کنم می گفتم نفت ایران را یک دولار بیشتر بخرید
و بجای دو ملیون و نیم بشکه که صادر میکنه کمکش کنید تا ده ملیون صادر کنه
میدانید چرا؟
چون زمان جنگ با عراق کشورهای اروپایی و امریکا صادرات اسلحه و حتی سیم خاردار را به ایران منع کردند
ایرانی ها مجبور شدند سعی کنند خودشان بسازند
کار به جایی کشید که موشک با برد دو هزار و سه هزار کیلومتر می سازند
صارادت لوزم یدکی سه چرخه هم حتی به ایران ممنوع شد ایرانی ها مجبور شدند خودشون سعی کنند بسازند اوایل خیلی سخت بود
بعد کار به جایی کشید که خود ایرانی ها ماشین و لوازم یدکی به ترکیه و روسیه و سوریه و بسیاری از کشورهای افریقایی صادر کردند
سعی کردند با ندادن لوازم اولیه دو سه تا کارخانه ای هم که ایران داشت مانند کارخانه های استکان و نعلبکی و افتابه وسماور و قوری و و صنعت واجبی سازی را تخته کنند
ولی کار به جایی کشید که ایران برای بسیاری از کشورهای امریکای جنوبی کارخانه ماشین و دوچرخه و موتور می سازد
رسید دارو دوا به ایران را مشکل کردند ولی انقدر ایران در زمینه پزشکی پیشرفت کرد که این عربهای حاشیه خلیج فارس برای درمان به جای رفتن به اروپا به ایران می روند وهم زیارتی است و هم ارزانتر
صادرات تجهیزات پیشرفته روز را منع کردند
کار به جایی کشید که ایرانی ها ماهواره ساختند
یعنی این تحریمات نه تنها ایران را تضعیف نکرده بلکه قوتیر هم شده شاید اگر این تحریمات نبود هنوز واجبی فرد اعلا و کپی سماور روسی بهترین صنعت ایران بود
پس به نظر من به نفع امریکا و غرب است که صادرات نفت ایرانی ها را تشویق کنند
چون
خدا میداند با تحریم نفت ایران این تخم جن های ابرو کمونی چه خواهند کرد

بله جانم

Last edited:

magic

Ball Boy
Jul 9, 2006
من اگر جای اروپا و امریکا بودم بجای اینکه نفت ایران را تحریم کنم می گفتم نفت ایران را یک دولار بیشتر بخرید
میدانید چرا؟
چون زمان جنگ با عراق کشورهای اروپایی و امریکا صادرات اسلحه و حتی سیم خاردار را به ایران منع کردند
صارادت لوزم یدکی سه چرخه هم حتی به ایران ممنوع شد ایرانی ها مجبور شدند خودشون سعی کنند بسازند اوایل خیلی سخت بود
بعد کار به جایی کشید که خود ایرانی ها ماشین و لوازم یدکی به ترکیه و روسیه و سوریه و بسیاری از کشورهای افریقایی صادر کردند
سعی کردند با ندادن لوازم اولیه دو سه تا کارخانه ای هم که ایران داشت مانند کارخانه های استکان و نعلبکی و افتابه وسماور او قوری و و صنعت واجبی سازی را تخته کنند
ولی کار به جایی کشید که ایران برای بسیاری از کشورهای امریکای جنوبی کارخانه ماشین و دوچرخه و موتور می سازد
رسید دارو دوا به ایران را مشکل کردند ولی انقدر ایران در زمینه پزشکی پیشرفت کرد که این عربهای حاشیه خلیج برای درمان به جای رفتن به اروپا به ایران می روند وهم زیارتی است و هم ارزانتر
یعنی این تحریمات نه تنها ایران را تضعیف نکرده بلکه قوتیر هم شده شاید اگر این تحریمات نبود هنوز واجبی فرد اعلا و کپی سماور روسی بهترین صنعت ایران بود
چون

بله جانم

Mozdor dobareh baz to shooro kardi be sher o ver zadan. Mesla inkeh hoghoghat dir shodeh va bayad vazifehat ra aval anjam be dahi to pool be to bedahand.

May 9, 2004
Mozdor dobareh baz to shooro kardi be sher o ver zadan. Mesla inkeh hoghoghat dir shodeh va bayad vazifehat ra aval anjam be dahi to pool be to bedahand.
جناب
چرا توهین میکنید ؟
مگر من دروغ گفتم ؟ مگر اسلحه و حتی سیم خاردار را در زمان جنگی که ایرانی مجبور بود برای از بین بردن میدانهای مین جوانانش را روی مین بفرستد تحریم نکردند ؟
انهم زمانی که هزاران کیلومتر از خاک ایران در اشغال عراق بود و همه دور خیز کرده بودند که امروز یا فردا تهران در تصرف عراقی ها در میاید
با این تحریمها و این فشارها
نتیجه چه شد ؟
شهاب یک و دو سه و چهار
سجیل یکی و دو موشک هایی با برد چند هزار کیلومتر
جای سیم خاردار یوگسلاوی ها را گرفت
مگر از دادن وسایل یدکی به ایران جلوگیری نکردند چه شد ؟
شد سمند و سایپا
مگر از دادن وسایل پیشرفته جلوگیری نکردند چه شد ؟
ماهواره فرستادن به فضا
حالا تو بیا بگو من مزدورم باشه بابا من مزدورم امروز را داشته باش اگر یه زمانی نیامد که من یا یکی مثل من بیاد و اینجا یا یک جایی مثل همین سایت بگه دیدید نفت ایران را تحریم کردید و ایران از این تحریم سود برد نه ضرر
همیشه ملتی پیشرفت میکند که زیر فشار باشد
المان بعد از جنگ جهانی اول انقدر رویش فشار اوردند که بعد از بیست سی سال شد ابر قدرت صنعت جهان
انزمانی که ایران را تحریم کردند ایران چه داشت ؟ واجبی فرد اعلا جوراب زمانه و مردانه بند کفش و گیوه سفید با خط ابی یا سیاه افتابه پلاستیکی
و ادمس خروس نشان
الان چه ؟
نتیجه ان تحریم ها چه بود ؟
تو فکر میکنی اگر نفت را تحریم کردند تو را صدا می زنند میگویند اقا بیا حکومت کن و تو هم از انطرف دنیا می ایی و با رفقات جشن میگیرید ؟
نه جانم منتظر باش زیر پاهات علف سبز بشه
حالا باز بیا بگو تو مزدوری

بله جانم

CHOBEHSAFT

Bench Warmer
Aug 13, 2004
general persan has a point here,
we iranian perform best under pressure and deadlines.....for example how many of us when we went to school wait till the last day to study fortests....or in nouroz holidays ater we come bak from 13 bedar we start writting our home work....loseing 20 percent to europe , well they just cutdown 20 percent of production, or sale 20percent more to other countries....in the long run it hurt the europeans more then iranians.....when a government is in it to just survive, unless there is a ground military invasion of iran these regime will stay in power for a long long time...32 years in history is nothing......my guest is this regime unfourtunatly will rule iran for 200 to 300 more years......that would suck but is reality...and no reza bi-khayeh will not wear his grand pa boots and sneak in iran through turkey and save us.....i hope he does, but he wont....

Jun 18, 2005
general persan has a point here,
we iranian perform best under pressure and deadlines.....for example how many of us when we went to school wait till the last day to study fortests....or in nouroz holidays ater we come bak from 13 bedar we start writting our home work....loseing 20 percent to europe , well they just cutdown 20 percent of production, or sale 20percent more to other countries....in the long run it hurt the europeans more then iranians.....when a government is in it to just survive, unless there is a ground military invasion of iran these regime will stay in power for a long long time...32 years in history is nothing......my guest is this regime unfourtunatly will rule iran for 200 to 300 more years......that would suck but is reality...and no reza bi-khayeh will not wear his grand pa boots and sneak in iran through turkey and save us.....i hope he does, but he wont....
Dude I thought you were just lagging when it came to Football discussions and now I had to read this...

Goodness...:5:

Mardom to khordane noone shabeshon moondan bad to az peyke noroozi harf mizani? :sad3:

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
میدانید چرا؟
سعی کردند با ندادن لوازم اولیه دو سه تا کارخانه ای هم که ایران داشت مانند کارخانه های استکان و نعلبکی و افتابه وسماور و قوری و و صنعت واجبی سازی را تخته کنند
رسید دارو دوا به ایران را مشکل کردند ولی انقدر ایران در زمینه پزشکی پیشرفت کرد که این عربهای حاشیه خلیج فارس برای درمان به جای رفتن به اروپا به ایران می روند وهم زیارتی است و هم ارزانتر
چون

بله جانم
I see the outline of a brilliant economic policy. Cut yourself off from the rest of the world and see the economy take off. How could Romney and Gingrich overlooked you? They are desperate for advisors.

CHOBEHSAFT

Bench Warmer
Aug 13, 2004
IRANIANS ARE HUNGERY? because the majority are f.... lazy...the new generation will not do hard labor , they rather die from hunger then go clean toilets...we need to put our ego down and look at reality...why afghanies take the labor force in iran? beacause iranians will not do the jobs afghanies do....mrdoom noon shab nadaran? GET UP AT 4AM GO STAND DAMEH GOOZAR AND U WILL COME HOMME WITH YOUR NOONEH SHAB,,,TILL THEN STFU

Feb 22, 2005
IRANIANS ARE HUNGERY? because the majority are f.... lazy...the new generation will not do hard labor , they rather die from hunger then go clean toilets...we need to put our ego down and look at reality...why afghanies take the labor force in iran? beacause iranians will not do the jobs afghanies do....mrdoom noon shab nadaran? GET UP AT 4AM GO STAND DAMEH GOOZAR AND U WILL COME HOMME WITH YOUR NOONEH SHAB,,,TILL THEN STFU
So it comes down to Iran being a country of janitors? It is like what ginricht was saying that all the black students should go work as janitors in their high schools. The same way that 1 million black kids cannot get enough jobs as janitors, 40 million Iranians cannot possibly find enough janitorial positions.

alila

National Team Player
Jun 9, 2006
a galaxy far far away
If people are poor,who are these muffins who queue up infront of banks to buy gold plates ?and foreign currencies ??

There were time I was a student and I had like £20 in my account and trust me that was all I had but ask any so-called poor Iranian and he atleast has £5000 in his account plus a car and house and his wife alangoo and few sekke!!!

The cash flow in the country is sth about $350m and this money is traveling from gold market to money exchange market and soon into property ..
I think many of you guys should actually turn ur Satellite TVs off and see the reality with your own eyes

Baba just look at your friends' Facebook page (those living in Iran ) and see every couple of months they are uploading pics of their latest holidays in Dubai or turkey and Malaysia and thailand and when you ask them how's the economy ?thry Start nagging and crying a river saying its almost impossible to survive in this shithole economy ???!!
Akhe kos goftan ham haddi dare!!!!

I don't deny that there are many poors in Iran as well but tell me about a place which poverty ain't an issue ..
I live in UK which has a strong economy and high GDP
Brits are really suffering with this recession ...gov is cutting pensions ,capping the social benefits and chucking out families from their homes
UK's GDP is $2000b compared to $300b of Iran with nearly same population

Ali(ISP)

Tottenham till I die
Oct 16, 2002
Southampton, UK
Iran has seen the demise of regimes in Iraq and Libya and noted the survival of that in North Korea - the one so-called "rogue state" that has nuclear weapons. Iran's rulers may well believe that having at least the potential for a nuclear bomb is something that could secure the country against outside threat.

Seen in this light one can imagine the Iranian authorities being willing to absorb considerable economic pain to pursue their nuclear research effort.

(bbc)

May 9, 2004
I see the outline of a brilliant economic policy. Cut yourself off from the rest of the world and see the economy take off. How could Romney and Gingrich overlooked you? They are desperate for advisors.
نه جناب
من نگفتم دیوار اهنی کشیدن باعث پیشرفت یک ملت می شود
هرچند که چین این کار را کرد و پیشرفت کرد !!ا
ولی من میگویم این تحریم های گذشته باعث شد که ایرانی ها مخ خودشان را به کار بیاندازند و پیشرفت کنند دیگه دستشان حتی جلوی یوگسلاوی برای سیم خاردار دراز نباشد
و تجربه نشان داد که تحریم هایی که از بیست سی سال پیش اجرا شده نه تنها رژیم را تضعیف نکرده بلکه تاحدود زیادی از واردات جلوگیری کرده و به صادرات افزوده
وقتی کشورهای غربی نمیخواهند که ما انرژی اتمی داشته باشیم شما می فرمایید چرا دیوار اهنی بکشیم ؟
انها هستند که فکر میکنند با کشیدن دیوار اهنی دور ایران و تحریم ایران را تضعف می کنند و من می گویم نتایج عکسی خواهد شد
چنان که شد
اگر این تحریم ها نبود کش تنبان هنوز از صنایع پیشرفته ما به حساب می امد
کش تنبانی که ان هم با دو بار مستراح رفتن می پکید
من فکر میکنم این کار یعنی تحریم نفتی ایران حتی به این حد بیست درصدی ایرانی ها را وادار خواهد کرد که رو به کشاورزی و صنایع مهمتری بیاورند
ما چه چیزمان از بقیه کمتر است
اکثر کشورهای پیشرفته که نفت هم ندارد و ما داریم تا کی می خواهیم متکی بر در امد نفت باشیم
من نمیگویم که این تحریمات در کوتاه مدت اثر نخواهد گذاشت
اثرات ناگوار ی در کوتاه مدت به بار خواهد اورد ولی در دراز مدت به نفع ایران است
این مثل یک دهات است که اب چاهای خود را به دیگران می فروشد و در فکر کشاورزی و بقیه صنیاع روستایی نیست
وقتی از او اب نخرند می رود زمین های خود را ابیاری میکند و استفاده دو چندان می برد

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2004
If people are poor,who are these muffins who queue up infront of banks to buy gold plates ?and foreign currencies ??

There were time I was a student and I had like £20 in my account and trust me that was all I had but ask any so-called poor Iranian and he atleast has £5000 in his account plus a car and house and his wife alangoo and few sekke!!!

The cash flow in the country is sth about $350m and this money is traveling from gold market to money exchange market and soon into property ..
I think many of you guys should actually turn ur Satellite TVs off and see the reality with your own eyes

Baba just look at your friends' Facebook page (those living in Iran ) and see every couple of months they are uploading pics of their latest holidays in Dubai or turkey and Malaysia and thailand and when you ask them how's the economy ?thry Start nagging and crying a river saying its almost impossible to survive in this shithole economy ???!!
Akhe kos goftan ham haddi dare!!!!

I don't deny that there are many poors in Iran as well but tell me about a place which poverty ain't an issue ..
I live in UK which has a strong economy and high GDP
Brits are really suffering with this recession ...gov is cutting pensions ,capping the social benefits and chucking out families from their homes
UK's GDP is $2000b compared to $300b of Iran with nearly same population
We rarely see the true poor, those who don't have facebook, those who can't speak English, those who can't focus on human rights but where to make enough money for some bread and cheese. Those who we make fun of on this site because they're too religious and somehow deserve to be punished this way.