******************* euro 2012 mvp *********************

Aug 26, 2005
TBH, I don't think the MVP was a player from Spain. Their effort was a big team effort and no single player shone that much consistently. I'd still say Pirlo was the MVP.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
If they havee to go w/a Spanierd Iniesta otherwise Pirlo. Although Pirlo was disappointing in the final

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Iniesta consistently performed at above 80% throughout the tournament. Pirlo fluctuated a bit more, although when he was good he was incredible.

Iniesta carried Silva and Xavi's weight on his shoulders at times. Considering his fragile gameplay and how injury-prone he is, his workrate was very impressive.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I think we should differentiate between MVP and the best player of the tournament. Italy was more dependent on Pirlo than Spain on Iniesta.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
if we go by MVP of the tournament goes to winner of the tournament, there's ONLY one player who can win it....

INIESTA

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
Iniesta is MVP but Pirlo the most influencal for his team. The best player though IMO was Pirlo before final, Iniesta was the best player in Final so he is MVP. But I agree Alba was the most impressive player of this Euro.

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
No one come close in this... What ever man IMO Pirlo was so great that everybody will talk about how great he was even after they got thrashed to Spain. Dont get me wrong Iniesta deserve it and he is an amazing player but above sentence really is a disrespect to Pirlo.

He gets Barca's number 18 and heading to the olympic game . Give the guy a rest , he's sensational

The Jordi Alba story is like something out of a movie. As idyllic a one as can be because he once had to leave Barcelona against his wishes, but is now making a triumphant return home with a title and surrounded by praise. His life has changed a great deal from leaving 'La Masia', Barcelona's training academy, to his present day return.

One day he was told that he would not be able to continue. His stature was an impediment. And one of those involved in that decision was Tito Vilanova who, today, is his coach and principal supporter of the Catalan defender’s return. The European Champion has already said farewell to what was his home since the age of 18. Five intense years have gone by in which he has developed as a player and a person.

Before leaving, he gaves a small insight into his earlier time with Barcelona: "I started in Hospitalet, I was with Barcelona and I learnt a lot. I don't look at it as if they got rid of me. I left with my head held high, I went to Cornellá and Valencia took a chance on me and I'm very grateful to them", Alba commented. "I don't look at it as if they got rid of me or not", he repeated. On being called up for the London Olympics he explained: "Right now I'm going to have a few days off and then we'll see. I feel strong enough to go to the Games and I feel able. I'm young".