Europa League Round of 32 , Thursday February 14 , 2013

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005

[video=youtube;Dq6fzDN-dFU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dq6fzDN-dFU&feature=related[/video]

First leg marches are scheduled for tonight.
Second leg matches are scheduled for next Thursday.

Fixtures.all kick off times are UK time.

Zenit St Petersburg v Liverpool 17:00
Anzhi Makhachkala v Hannover 96 17:00
Sparta Prague v Chelsea 18:00
Ajax v Steaua Bucharest 18:00
BATE Borisov v Fenerbahce 18:00
Bayern Leverkusen v Benfica 18:00
Dynamo Kiev v Bordeaux 18:00
Levante v Olympiakos 18:00
Napoli v Plzen 18:00
Tottenham v Lyon 20:05
Newcastle v Metalist Kharkiv 20:05
Atletico Madrid v Rubin Kazan 20:05
Borussia Monchengladbach v Lazio 20:05
FC Basel v Dnipro 20:05
Internazional v CFR Cluj-Napoca 20:05
VfB Stuttgart v Genk 20:05

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Anzhi is leading Hannover by 3-1.

Eto'o has scored a goal for Anzhi and missed a penalty.

Akhmedov also scored for Anzhi.he is Uzbek and plays for Uzbekistan national team.

Oct 18, 2002
Antelope Valley,California
we have 2 Iranian players in this cup!

Rubin Kazan's game against atletico will be shown by Fox Sports at 2:00 (PST).....

Haghighi will not be even a bench warmer. I don't even know if Sardar Azmoon made it to spain. He had visa problems.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Bale is incredible. He's not gonna be at Tottenham much longer. I just hope Madrid don't get him. Barca could use him on the left side, but I'm not sure with this kind of scoring capability Bale would want to be a true left back winger anymore. The boy has really exceeded already high expectations.

Jul 5, 2008
Melbourne
Anyone catch Milito's injury? poor guy, i feel for him. It looked really bad.
ps, Italian teams just keep showing their decline, 2 of the top 3 Serie A sides fail to beat below average teams, Napoli's result was just disgraceful..

Also, what a result by Rubin Kazan!! quite impressive.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Zenit 2 Liverpool 0

The Hulk with a cannonball of a shot goal.

Tottenham 2 Lyon 1

Gareth Bale's free kick brace & Samuel Umtiti's great strike

Newcastle United 0 Metalist 0

Newcastle's Papiss Cisse goal was ruled offside

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
Anzhi is leading Hannover by 3-1.

Eto'o has scored a goal for Anzhi and missed a penalty.

Akhmedov also scored for Anzhi.he is Uzbek and plays for Uzbekistan national team.
Willian also played for Anzhi, he was the most expensive player during winter from Shakhtar. He had a great game and assisted the first goal for Eto'o. Shakhtar was missing him against Dortmund.

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
Anyone catch Milito's injury? poor guy, i feel for him. It looked really bad.
ps, Italian teams just keep showing their decline, 2 of the top 3 Serie A sides fail to beat below average teams, Napoli's result was just disgraceful..

Also, what a result by Rubin Kazan!! quite impressive.
It was a horrible injury, felt bad for him but also got happy that he will miss against Juve. And yes Napoli has been disgraceful this year in Europa League and conceding too many goals, beside the first goal the second and third were horrible mistakes and Napoli missing target was ridiculous they had 11 shots off target and several of them should have been few goals. If anybody watched the game knows that Napoli could have won if it was for better finishing, also Plzen won their group over Atl. Madrid but still horrible display by Napoli.
However Mochengladbach vs Lazio was a crazy game probably better than any CL games, Monchengladbach is actually not a very bad team and has been in better form recently, they stopped Leverkusen in the weekends with the same scoreline and their coach is a very good coach just like his countrymen in Lazio. But I actually thought Lazio came out with the huge advantage with three away goals and being still competing in three competition and being away I actually thought they played great football with never die attitude.
I can easily consider Benfica and Shakhtar avarage teams ( which I actually dont ) specially Shakhtar with loosing Willian, and say #2 and #3 of Bundesliga teams also failed to win their games. But I do agree in general that SerieA declined in last few years specially with financial problems that hit them specially Inter and Milan, but I also look at it in different angle and see the amount of youngsters being developed in Serie A recently has been very impressive considering their history in lack of trust toward youngsters. Im assuming brighter future but not sure about economic aspect though.
What I dont get is the amount of hate toward Italians in British Media which is making me sick.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
2nd leg matches of Round of 32 were played last night.

Napoli , Liverpool , Atletico Madrid , Ajax & Lyon were knocked out of the tourney.

Hazard with a late cracking goal for Chelsea to knock Sparta Prague out of the tourney.

Dembele with a late equalizer for Tottenham to knock Lyon out of the tourney.

Results

Liverpool 3-1 Zenit St Petersburg
(agg 3-3)
Zenit St Petersburg win on away goals rule

Rubin Kazan 0-1 Atl Madrid
(agg 2-1)

Plzen 2-0 Napoli
(agg 5-0)

Lyon 1-1 Tottenham
(agg 2-3)

Benfica 2-1 B Leverkusen
(agg 3-1)

Bordeaux 1-0 Dynamo Kiev
(agg 2-1)

Chelsea 1-1 Sparta Prague
(agg 2-1)

Fenerbahce 1-0 BATE Borisov
(agg 1-0)

Hannover 96 1-1 Anzhi Makhachkala
(agg 2-4)

Olympiakos 0-1 Levante
(agg 0-4)

Steaua Buch't 2-0 Ajax
(agg 2-2)
Steaua Bucuresti win 4-2 on penalties

CFR Cluj-Napoca 0-3 Inter Milan
(agg 0-5)

Dnipro 1-1 FC Basel
(agg 1-3)

Metalist Kharkiv 0-1 Newcastle
(agg 0-1)

Genk 0-2 VfB Stuttgart
(agg 1-3)

Lazio 2-0 Borussia M'gladbach
(agg 5-3)

Last edited:

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Moussa Dembele's late goal for Tottenham to advance.that shot had little to no spin on it. went straight in like an arrow. excellent shot with power & accuracy.