European CL & Europa League(Ezzatollahi, Azmoun, Jahanbakhsh, Ali Karimi)

Nov 24, 2002
Ezzatollahi is really awesome at 19! He really has the chance of going places!

We need more 16 year olds to go to Europe!!!
With his emergence and like Ali Karimi, Kamyabiania, Omid Ebrahimi and few others, i don't see how Ando can even make TM squad, he had a pretty disappointing season last year in IPL.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
With his emergence and like Ali Karimi, Kamyabiania, Omid Ebrahimi and few others, i don't see how Ando can even make TM squad, he had a pretty disappointing season last year in IPL.
Well, I completely agree! He's also 33 years old so.... Having said that, I'd still prefer an "in form" Teymourian to Omid Ebrahimi. So I hope he gets there again. Ezatollahi is filling Nekounam's shoes perfectly well. He's becoming irreplaceable.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I want Torabi to make it to Europe. That kid has huge potential.
Totally agree! Unfortunately he's soon 22. The next time he can potentially transfer to Europe, he'll be 23 years old. Not many years will be left for him to progress. He should have gone to Europe this year!

He's extremely entertaining to watch.

Nov 24, 2002
Totally agree! Unfortunately he's soon 22. The next time he can potentially transfer to Europe, he'll be 23 years old. Not many years will be left for him to progress. He should have gone to Europe this year!

He's extremely entertaining to watch.
Well that is true, but other than Kia all of our best legionnaires moved to europe in mid 20s at best, Daei was 27 i guess, Bagheri was 25-26, same as Azizi, Nekounam. That is first time since Kia(or even Kia was older) that we have players starting in European leagues at age of 18-19 like is and was the case of Ezzatollahi, Sardar and JB.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Well that is true, but other than Kia all of our best legionnaires moved to europe in mid 20s at best, Daei was 27 i guess, Bagheri was 25-26, same as Azizi, Nekounam. That is first time since Kia(or even Kia was older) that we have players starting in European leagues at age of 18-19 like is and was the case of Ezzatollahi, Sardar and JB.
Definitely! I'm not against him going to Europe when he's 23 or even 24. It's just that now after our 3 young exports, you want to set the bar higher. Azmoun is 21 (I guess around the same age Mahdavikia went to Europe) and he already counts as an experienced player. If he continues to progress the same way and with a little bit of luck, imagine where he could be when he's 26-27 (knock on the wood). The same with Ezzatollahi.... he's almost 20 and I can't believe he's been training/playing in Europe for 3 years already! Ezzatollahi got to Rostov and to the Russian league last year and has just started getting playing time but I wished Azmoun would have left the Russian league this year and stopped following Berdiyev all the times. He signed a 2 year deal with Rostov but I really really hope he leaves to a better league next year!

Milad Mohammadi went to Europe around the same age as Mahdavikia and Ali Karimi is 22. This is the first time we live in such an exciting era since we had 14 players in Europe after the WC98. Only this time our European based players are so much younger with a lot of potential. We have to send more young talents to Europe! Shekari for example, I don't know why he can not be transferred somewhere already now. I wished the agents of Ezzatollahi and Azmoun would take a look at the likes of him a bit more.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2002
Definitely! I'm not against him going to Europe when he's 23 or even 24. It's just that now after our 3 young exports, you want to set the bar higher. Azmoun is 21 (I guess around the same age Mahdavikia went to Europe) and he already counts as an experienced player. If he continues to progress the same way and with a little bit of luck, imagine where he could be when he's 26-27 (knock on the wood). The same with Ezzatollahi.... he's almost 20 and I can't believe he's been training/playing in Europe for 3 years already! Ezzatollahi got to Rostov and to the Russian league last year and has just started getting playing time but I wished Azmoun would have left the Russian league this year and stopped following Berdiyev all the times. He signed a 2 year deal with Rostov but I really really hope he leaves to a better league next year!

Milad Mohammadi went to Europe around the same age as Mahdavikia and Ali Karimi is 22. This is the first time we live in such an exciting era since we had 14 players in Europe after the WC98. Only this time our European based players are so much younger with a lot of potential. We have to send more young talents to Europe! Shekari for example, I don't know why he can not be transferred somewhere already now. I wished the agents of Ezzatollahi and Azmoun would take a look at the likes of him a bit more.
The difference is in 98 we had players in top 4 European leagues due to some success of NT, now the road is tougher and they need to prove themselves from a bit lower leagues like Russia, Greece, Turkey, Holland, Croatia and Portugal to find their way up for few of them.

But the good thing is a lot of these players playing for some teams that doing pretty well in their leagues, like Rostov, Panionios, AZ, Dinamo, which all finished as top 4-5 in their respective leagues, so some of them like Saeid, Karimi, Azmoun, JB will get some CL or Europa League experience.

Payandeh Iran

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Rostov playing the return leg against Anderlecht tonight. So far it is 0-0 (min 30). Sardar starting and Saeed is on the bench.