False accusations: Please disregard

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
EDIT:

These are baseless accusations. My apologies to Mr. Etemadi for quoting this.

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-1047193

[h=2]Iranian Artist Arrested[/h]
After his recent arrest, Raha Etemadi is now in the custody of the Dutch police after trying to smuggle 25kg opium from Amsterdam to Sweden.
The Iranian poet, director was arrested at the border of Nederlands and Denmark, inside source reveal that his destination was the souther city of Sweden Lund, where he was supposed to deliver the package.
The Dutch police says that this is not the first time mister Etemadi has completed such mission, only this time he was caught.
Raha Etemadi spoke to the Danish post and said:
"The fact that I get caught only shows that this was a setup, I am much smarter then this, letting the Danish police arrest you is like loosing a boxing fight to a girl"

The smuggler has no regrets and says that "taryak" (opium) is a cultural drug and was not for any other use then personal.

He is now free, but will face trial in both Denmark and Netherlands between the dates of 14-16 January 2014.

Manoto TV, based in south west London, was not willing to talk with any of the reports outside the studio.

Raha Etemadi's swedish passport was revoked by the authorities, so he his now a official criminal refugee.

He continues:
"I'm intending to move an island where I can live life, free and away from these so-called law officers, maybe somewhere in Asia"

Nov 24, 2002
never liked the guy .Dige googosho bekeshi zire khodet in chiza ham side effectesh , bahash miad ..

Oct 1, 2004
sorry don't know the guy.....so how has he made so much money? did he release a million seller album?
He doesn't have that much money, at least a profession that would give him lots of money (besides selling drugs).
He's a host on Manoto TV. A satellite channel outside of Iran.

maziar95

Elite Member
Oct 20, 2002
Baltimore, MD
I bet a lot of people we would never imagine doing such a thing do this more often than we think. I was reading an article a few months ago which mentioned Sadegh Tabatabi who use to be a deputy foreign minister and IRI’s ambassador to Germany got caught was nearly 2kg of opium at a German Airport in the 80’s and got away because of his diplomatic status at the time . Now he is a professor and shows up on IRIB sometimes and tried to run for president in 2009.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
I bet a lot of people we would never imagine doing such a thing do this more often than we think. I was reading an article a few months ago which mentioned Sadegh Tabatabi who use to be a deputy foreign minister and IRI’s ambassador to Germany got caught was nearly 2kg of opium at a German Airport in the 80’s and got away because of his diplomatic status at the time . Now he is a professor and shows up on IRIB sometimes and tried to run for president in 2009.
When it comes to IR officials, I'd say 2kg is for personal use! ;)

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
A friend of mine once brought 250 lbs but that was before what the US officials knew what it was (1994ish). Now they know what it is & look for it & even ask if you have any using the Persian name of taryak. Speaking of jense marghoob I have a client who is a psychologist & owns a few methadone clinics & he said about 1/3 of his clients in his LA location are Iranian.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Speaking of jense marghoob I have a client who is a psychologist & owns a few methadone clinics & he said about 1/3 of his clients in his LA location are Iranian.
Do they also serve chayee-nabat at his methadone joint ? :)

You should drop by more often at your friend's office for a few " drinks ". :)

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
First of all, there is so much misinformation on this thread. The guy was not arrested for coming out of Iran with Teryak. He is a programme maker for ManotoTv and has made documentaries about Farrokhzaad and the Pahlavis. So he is not going to go to Iran.

Second, have a look on manotoTV website. They have denied the claims completely saying it was a rumour from suspicious sources that wanted to destroy the guy for the documentaries he has made.

I guess the truth will come out in good time but this just shows how us Iranians love believing whatever without thinking or verifying the source.