You tie your hope to the end of the rope

Forget the future and remember the past
You know the window will never last
You dream of rain in your dry scream
You pray to god to end your dream

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Great poetry skills, WOW! You should write more often!

Although it's more depressing than it should be, I fully understand what you are trying to say. It does describe the feeling of many people towards the current situation, and it may sound funny to some who are not as concerned or pessimistic. The truth is, many people are actually experiencing this feeling at the moment and despite constant denial of their existence by others, they do exist. No matter how you look at it, even if only 5% of our population is feeling this way our country is a failure.

My hope is for that so called "MINORITY"(as some call it!) to find a way to stand their ground and present themselves as often as possible instead of disappearing from the scene completely.

Thanks for the nice poem.

Jan 29, 2004
Iran and Iranians are full of confidence and hope for a better future at the moment and that's a direct result of the elections being such a huge success.

Farzadoo

Bench Warmer
Oct 22, 2002
Washington DC
BT jan, We are NOT the minority! Don't let these people make you believe otherwise. The only reason this guy won the election is due to the low turnout at the polls during the run off election. The poor and unfortunate people who voted for him were blinded to the fact that their mere existance was and has been caused by this regime's corrupt and ruthless policies. As other posts have mentioned this is exactly what is going on here in the USA, as the people of the south (REDNECKS and religious right wingers) have been duped into thinking that the REPUBLICANS actually care about them. Bushism and Akhoondism are different faces of the same nonsense that only leads to distruction and is fuled by non other than GREED.

Jan 29, 2004
Bache Tehroon(ISP) said:
I assume you have a better source than KAYHAN for your claim.
I don't have any written source for this but judging from the reaction from the top rejectionists(Bush, Rummy, Conde, etccc) all the way down to your garden variety Iranian exiled "opposition", I came to this conclusion:

They must be feeling pretty good about themselves if these people are mad :)

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Chief said:
I don't have any written source for this but judging from the reaction from the top rejectionists(Bush, Rummy, Conde, etccc) all the way down to your garden variety Iranian exiled "opposition", I came to this conclusion:

They must be feeling pretty good about themselves if these people are mad :)
I see, so your belief is Iranians take pride and joy in making others mad! Iranians enjoy disappointing their countrymates whom are refered to as "garden variety Iranian exiled opposition" by you.

Well if that really is the case, then I'm ashamed of being an Iranian.

Agha Shojaa

Elite Member
Nov 8, 2002
Canada
Bache Tehroon(ISP) said:
Great poetry skills, WOW! You should write more often!

Although it's more depressing than it should be, I fully understand what you are trying to say. It does describe the feeling of many people towards the current situation, and it may sound funny to some who are not as concerned or pessimistic. The truth is, many people are actually experiencing this feeling at the moment and despite constant denial of their existence by others, they do exist. No matter how you look at it, even if only 5% of our population is feeling this way our country is a failure.

My hope is for that so called "MINORITY"(as some call it!) to find a way to stand their ground and present themselves as often as possible instead of disappearing from the scene completely.

Thanks for the nice poem.
I got the first humiliation at work a few days ago. This colleague of mine came up to me and told me that our new president looks like a terrorist. He said AN looks like anything but a president. Honestly I just did not have an answer for him. What would I say?

I have personally given up on Iran. As much as I was depressed and upset about the outcome of our last parliamentary election, this latest shock was by far a lot worse. As a member who used to spend a lot of time in the general forum, now I just check the forum to see if there is any posts that could actually bring smile to my face.
It's not only me. I know a lot of people just as much depressed as I am. My sister and her American husband were planning to go to Iran in August after 14 years. Every day I have to tell her how bad and stupid the situation in Iran is so that I could make her feel a bit better for not going.

And nice poem btw.

Jun 20, 2005
Sweden
Agha Shojaa said:
I got the first humiliation at work a few days ago. This colleague of mine came up to me and told me that our new president looks like a terrorist. He said AN looks like anything but a president. Honestly I just did not have an answer for him. What would I say?

I have personally given up on Iran. As much as I was depressed and upset about the outcome of our last parliamentary election, this latest shock was by far a lot worse. As a member who used to spend a lot of time in the general forum, now I just check the forum to see if there is any posts that could actually bring smile to my face.
It's not only me. I know a lot of people just as much depressed as I am. My sister and her American husband were planning to go to Iran in August after 14 years. Every day I have to tell her how bad and stupid the situation in Iran is so that I could make her feel a bit better for not going.

And nice poem btw.
Low self esteem, is the word. People should learn to not judge a book from the cover. Most iranians (kargar, sarbaz, sabziforoush, teacher not to mentioning the farmers) look actually like him. By having him on the screen people is reminded of the forgotten Iran. He was not running for a beauty contest. Mr Ugly is actually more american in his spirit than any of our secular liberal anglo-iranians. He was given a chance, he took it and he did it.

Now, it's a dilemma when you dislike a person who is in charge in your homeland and at the same time avoid to be ashamed what others think or say about him, when that person become sort of a symbole for the country. One way to tackle this kind of problem is to be ironic and tell thing to the sorroundings that you would tell yourself, like 'OK pal, I've had the same feeling as you got during all these 26 years. But I'm still happy. You get used to it'. We should study his character and find out what's peculiar or political 'sexy' with his personality. Actually his 'funny' face could be used in comics, which can contribute to make Iran famous in a positive way. It's a disappointment why people in US (iranians and americans) use their fantasy and don't make any TV comedies related to the hostage crisis in Tehran. The students and americans spent 444 days and nights together and there's a lot of stories to be told. maybe the wounds will be healed.