ferdosipour chera gir dade be in tarikh va esm bashgah ha

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
normally, relative to Iran ferdosipour is on the right side of things.

but I can not help and notice that keeps insisting on some bullshit idea of preserving legacy for teams that do not have single fan.

last year he kept insisting that moving pas to hamadan was a bad idea.

then moving such and such team to arak was a bad idea.

now he is again renaming Rah Ahan on the basis of history.

I mean what the hell. in business you always rebrand to get better traction.

teams always move (seatle supersonics is no more now they are called oklohoma thunders)

. is it not obvious to even dumb idiot that in Tehran no team other than Es and Perspolis is capable of drawing any fans.

If it was up to me i would move saipa,peykan,naft,rah ahan all to other cities.

you mean to tell me if there was a team in sanandaj we would not have atleast 5 thousand young dudes turnout for them.

if we had a team in dezful,kermanshah, hell if we had a team in Kish all the islands of gheshm,kish,abumusa would be rooting for it.

the point to me it makes no sense having more than two teams in tehran.

because what kind of team are you? if you don't have a fan base?

I just don't get ferdosipour's point.

yes the team should not move and then be mismanaged and completely disappear.

but it is ok for that team to get relegated and then come backup.

sepahan used to be called. siman sepahan.

does it hurt it that now it is called f.m sepahan.

Fatso

Captain
Oct 1, 2004
I would agree, only if the new team was able to actually establish itself. Look at Damash for example. This team has changed names and locations so much it means nothing anymore. There has to be a guarantee of some sorts that purchasing clubs is not just an excuse to launder and wash money and bring in dallal buddies. Owners shouldn't be allowed to move teams wherever they like every season.
Defintely don't agree about Pas though. This was a team with Asian Championships, and domestic championships in every decade of Iranian football that there was a national league.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
yes absolutely,
there should be a bit of regulation over not letting a team move every damn year.

but what is wrong with renaming a crappy team like rah ahan. what kind of name is that?

what kind of name is Zob Ahan? now zob ahan draws some fans (5-10 K)

but who roots for rah ahan.

it cant get any worse than it is right now.

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Ferdosipoor is absolutely right. Both Pas and Rah Ahan have been part of Iranian football history and such moves should not be allowed. It doesn't matter if they have fans or not, they should remain as is.
You can disagree with me, but that is your opinion. I for one, much rather see Rah Ahan play against Perspolise and Taj rather than a team whose name I don't recognize.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
so you are proposing we perpetuate these fake teams that nobody roots against and nobody roots for.
how weird was it when Saipa one the cup. not a single person in the country was happy.

football is an entertainment industry. if you have no fan base. you are not a team.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Moving teams to other areas don't generate support. Sabaye Ghom and Pas Hamedan and Sepahan Notanz prove this point. We need organic growth of local teams coming through the ranks and reach the IPL.

Oct 20, 2003
We need organic growth of local teams coming through the ranks and reach the IPL.
Man nemidonam chera ye dafe yaad "organic" fertilizeri ke to char bagh estefadeh mishe oftadam :). Man the aroma of the "organic" fertilizer used in Isfahan is indeed intoxicating.
On the issue, sometimes the locality just does not have football in their veins, kareesh ham nemishe kard. Messalan mahale dar Yazd, Karman, Kashan, Hendostan, Pakistan, ye team dorst hessabi jofto joor beshe.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
it makes no sense to say we need organic growth a in a government run football.

yes if it was the private sector in charge. rah ahan,saipa ,,... would have run out of business by now.

but if the government say hey I am going to Spend X amount on football.

then perspolis is gone get 1/18
esteghall = 1/18
tractor = 1/18
naft abadan = 1/18
sepahan = 1/18
and then you have these fake teams
saipa = 1/18
peykan = 1/18
naft tehran = 1/18.

at that point what are you suggesting the government should then increase the budget and prop up some teams in other localities?

or should they say hey Saipa and Peykan and Naft Tehran we are gone sentence you to failure by halving your previous allocation.
and we are gone give that half to some Dasteh 1 team in Kurdistan and Kermanshah so they can come up the ranks?

that just seems financial engineering.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Man nemidonam chera ye dafe yaad "organic" fertilizeri ke to char bagh estefadeh mishe oftadam :). Man the aroma of the "organic" fertilizer used in Isfahan is indeed intoxicating.
On the issue, sometimes the locality just does not have football in their veins, kareesh ham nemishe kard. Messalan mahale dar Yazd, Karman, Kashan, Hendostan, Pakistan, ye team dorst hessabi jofto joor beshe.
Shahid Ghandiye Yazd pas chi bood? They had alot of fans.
On fertilizer they don't use the kood anymore. Inghadr akhoondha ridand too mamlekat ke deege kood ehtiaji nist.

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Do you know how many national youth players clubs like Rah Ahan, Peykan and Arrarat(rest in peace) have produced compared to Perspolis+Esteghlal+Sepahan combined?

In youth leagues (whatever remains of them), these clubs play a vital role in Tehran. Over 12 million people live there. If we keep moving these clubs to other cities, who's going to bring up youth players in Tehran?

Your fan-base argument would make sense if our stadiums were getting fuller and fuller with blue and red fans, but as of today neither Esteghlal or Perspolis can pull more than 5-10K regulars into the stadium. Same for Sepahan.

The only team with a dedicated fan-base (for now) is Teraktor. As soon as they start a down-trend, you'll see their fans go home too.

This football is not watchable, tolerable nor affordable. It'll simply remain on life-support until something major happens.

Oct 18, 2002
Antelope Valley,California
Is it coincidence that football talent discovery in Iran was diminished tremendously , since Aliabadi and AN decided to enforce populist agenda and started moving teams to obscure places to get more votes/poularity?

Since revolution and after Atabay/dideban federation who started the national league,the meaning of the league has been lost. For the federation, authorities and most fans league is a platform to conduct some games and pick a champion.However what is lost here is that the meaning of the league : a united assemply of the clubs with common purpose of elevating the game and a platform to conduct games to pick a champion.

Generally popularity, infrstructure including youth academies,tradition (history) and ofcourse financial backing are considered the four elements needed for a club in an ideal league. In our country , you can not find a single club that has all four parameters. Sepahan and Zobahan ,based on what they have done are the closest that we have come to a professional setting. The other one right behind them was Pas. They had it all except fans....Then you look at the chart and you find that Saipa, peykan, rah-ahan are actually ahead of the more popular clubs like taj and pespes in that department....

The shool of thought that only sees league exclusive to the clubs with "fans' is just looking at sorat masale and is fogetting that we are milliom light years away from EPL,La liga,.... A simple reality is without the "weak" and disadvantaged the strong not only will no longer have aplatform to shine, but will cease its existence. Where do taj and pespes pile up their points? If there there was no rah ahan,etc... who would they play agianst?? Their B teams??? :) If taj and pers exist, is only because there were Rah ahan, bank melli,many others to form a league and become their partners . If taj and pespes excelled to prominance is because bank melli and rah ahan discovered, developed and handed them in silver platter free of charge likes of Mahdavi Kia, Ali jabari, vazgen, Karo, and hundreds of others.

We have clubs in Iran that claim they have multi million fan base. What exactly they have achieved with this fan base??? Are they selling shirts , getting TV rights or generating income? Have they been able to develope a half of a team out of 20-30 million :) fans?-They only use they have had is to influence federation favoritism and officiating and use this as a bargaining chip in their stupid dealings and beggings for money!

Younger people may not remember older days. Before takht jamshid cup, we pretty much had 2 ghotbi football centered in Tehran. Crowd was mainly divided in 70-30 ratio between Shahin ( then peykan then pespes) and the rest, with taj being the most popular by far amongst the rest. They were daraii fans before being dissolved , and then tak o took Oghab,pas anda sizable Ararat fan group.

After Takht jamshid , and broader coverage of football by TV and more people actually owning TVs, you would notice that each team was developing their fan base in little pockets, albeit in small numbers. Pas fans were assembled in NE corner of amjadiye, Ararat fans took over Zir saat, Oghabis were baghal jaygah (chap) , ,Homa ( baghal jaygah (raast),shabaz after reemergence,etc.... Even in date 2 you would find people rooting for banlk melli,rah ahan, ghasre yakh ( not many but they existed!)
And then you had shahrestani teams that were now proud of their team and no longer had to pick one of the two as their team, the most popular amongst them malavan, teraktor and naft.......................None of them ever won any thing, but had loyal support......
The ratio of fan support was slowly changing

Then came chaotic years of post revolution and everything was reduced back to taj -perspolise . Mainly because now almost all TV broadcasts , and tens of sport papers/tabloids/magazines were acting as a propoganda machine for these two clubs. It was no longer a multi franchised atmosphere. The scene belonged to 2 giants.
It took farhani's federation in order for progress ,to regress 30 years and try to bring back elements of a right league. Some thing that federations after him dilluted and tried to sabotage ....

They sent a team with history and tradition (including an asian championship), Own stadium facility , great cadre of technical staff formed out of their former players to nakoja bad....Great pas of yester years, is not even a top cotender in the weak azadegan league. And how many people are showing up to pas games ( if that is the only criteria)? in a good day , perhaps 2-3 thousand..........

A better management and planning can actually help these teams strive better and continue with their benefits to the league.

Rah ahan is not only an "industry" for lack of better decription , but a heavily populated neighborhood in South Tehran. They have their own stadium, but in North West Tehran!
If that stadium was located in the negiborhood, and they tried to build based on "mahale pride", which at some point was strong ( don't know about now), their popularity schenme may have been different. Same with Pas. Witheir stadium in Ekbatan ( now a dense neghborhood), a better job of associating the team with neghborhood could have drawn more. I remember old days , zamin khaki "cups", jam mahalat, or even amoozesh gah ha. Young fans traveling from hood to hood supporting their teams based on pride of mahale. They could have and still could build on that....

In short. I think Adel has a point!

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
so you are proposing we perpetuate these fake teams that nobody roots against and nobody roots for.
how weird was it when Saipa one the cup. not a single person in the country was happy.

football is an entertainment industry. if you have no fan base. you are not a team.
I think you are too young to remember Rah Ahan and Pas and their history in Iranian Football. My recommendation would be for you to do some research. As I mentioned before, watching Pas or Rah Ahan or Oghab vs. Perspolise and Esteghlal (Taj), draws more people than say Saba or Shalgooze Alborz.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I don't really understand what does it have to do with what they were one day?

although I can't recall over the time of my life term anybody rooting for them.

you want to leave their school academy open. fine.

but it is just simple as that the market in tehran is not accepting of any other third team other than es and perspolis.

by the way I have gone to Zob Ahan and Sepahan and Poli Akri football academies.
that's when i was a kid.

they are not what you think of like barcelona's school or even a resemblance of that.

they basically eliminated us by having a little 100 meter dash race. then 500 m.

then ok play.

then come back.
come back
come back

after two years. you finally got a to a program where you had to skip school and go practice. still good by iran standards.

but i have no idea why those teams have to be in pro league to train kids.

they are basically spending free government money in pro league. you could just divert that money and spend that mone yon school academies.