FIFA day matches (March 2018)

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
Spain che mikoneh.. Inshalah ke Shish tayi nashim to world cup!!!

overall horrible game by Iran. maybe 1 or 2 good combo play. Rest was just bezan ziresh!!! we can't play like this in WC. we will get humiliated!!

zoozanagheh

Bench Warmer
Feb 6, 2005
Not a too bad of a game for TM as their first serious friendly after WC draw.
A tie was more deserving result.
Happy to see Beiravand had a good game despite previous shaky performances in recent times.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
I am sorry 2 kise kesh in our center back are soorakh!
Yeah both of them were terrible on the goal ,also Omid didn't do shit and played some bad balls ,Montazeri looked shaky and looked bad every time he had the ball . But don't bring colour preference into it dude , in team melli we are all on the same wave length or we should be ...

we were unlucky on the goal but I don't blame Milad for it ,it was just bad luck ,unlucky Beiranvand after a great save .

Lets not forget terrible refereeing ,but we were exploited in midfield in second half and could not disrupt their game like we did in first half , I am sure valuable lessons will be learned .

zoozanagheh

Bench Warmer
Feb 6, 2005
Once again we are proven to not be as good as we think.
No question about having some illusions in that regards and overestimating our abilities and talents, but keep in mind that this was our first meaningful friendly (afer WC draw) with a relatively new lineup: we did not have the services of Azmoun, PAG, Ashkan and Taremi. Seyed jalal, Ezzat-ollahi (as expected), Vouria were not utilized for this game,; ARJ and Ghoddos only played the second half. I think we will get bettter as we have more friendlies and with the addition of the above players.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Unfortunately we need to get ready for 3 losses or at best 2 losses and one draw. It says a lot when our best player was Beiranvand against Tunisia.

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
Unfortunately we need to get ready for 3 losses or at best 2 losses and one draw. It says a lot when our best player was Beiranvand against Tunisia.
first half wasn't that bad, all the subs in second half really didn't deliver. Montazeri, Cheshmi, Karimi, Ebrahimi ina be dared TM nemikhoran.. I think we will see CQ's real line up against Morocco in our next match. He is already promising 11 changes. I don't think Ashkan can make it so that is a huge hole in our midfield. Saman is not close to his level yet, he needs few more years in Europe in better league.

zoozanagheh

Bench Warmer
Feb 6, 2005
Unfortunately we need to get ready for 3 losses or at best 2 losses and one draw.
To me those scenarios have the highest probabilities to occur, and are closer to the reality, and that is regardless of the individual or team performance today.

I do not mean to undermine our team, but just take a look at the level of our league and clubs in Asia, the quality of the facilities, amount of investment, knowledge and quality of those managing the clubs and coaching the teams, the youth program and the quality of the national head-coaches for or youth and OMID TM , ...

and also consider how often the players get to play along side of a quality foriegn player or get exposed to quality opponents from non-Arab or central Asian teams (both at club and national levels) and get the opportunity to get closer to the international standards....
(that's why we need to have extended TM camps and friendlies for the domestic players to build their physical and tactical abilities).

And then take a look at where our elite players play: Greece, Russia, Belgium, Netherlands, ... all second rate league ...

so yes there is a good gap between us and our opponents in the group.

The center corridor to our goal (DM and CD) has holes and is weaker than other areas and in the absence of Neko and Ando to cover those holes (and Pooladi as well) it can be exposed easier than before. It gets even worse without the presence of Seyed Jalal and PAG. Of course there is no need to mention our historical weakness in defensive aerial play in our goal box, by both goalies and defenders.

Those being said, I can only hope for a good performances with tight teamwork, smart tactics and wholehearted efforts for 90+ min at each game, and with a bit of luck we may end up with better scenarios. After all with CQ at the helm and the future camps and friendlies, and with the help of our more experienced and legioner players, it is not out of reach to beat Morocco (though not as probable as the possibility of losing all or two points), and to much lesser extent pulling an upset and getting a draw against Portugal perhaps (and with extreme khar-shansi: pulling a miracle against Spain! --- you can call me khosh-khiyal on both cases!).