FIFA FUTSAL WORLD CUP COLOMBIA 2016 (Sept 10th to October 1st)

Nov 29, 2002
Iran wins on penalties! such a nerve-racking penalty.

Great result after being 2-0 down

Portuguese players are in tears

3rd in the world cup of futsal, not bad huh!

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
Dameshon garm. This team was about team work. No real super star like Shamsaei. They have few great players like keshavar, hasanzadeh, Tayyebi; Javid with right attitude. Not many including me gave them the chance to make it to top 8 even.
Much much better team in last 20 years failed to make it to to 8 even.
Good job by coach as well. Honestly didn't expect that. Other than first game we were better team in most of the games and we got better game after game. This is quite impressive because we lacked friendlies Imagine what result could have been with more prepration.

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Well done to these guys. They're actually on-par with or better than most top teams. No monkey business or parking the bus. Just solid football.

Is it me or the technical side of futsal has deteriorated? We used to see some insane moves by futsal players. I rarely saw any in this tournament.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Excellent achievement for Iran ....congrats to all , thy kept falling behind in almost every game and cam back to win .

These lads deserve to be honoured and looked after and this victory should become routine for Iran futsal ,they can even play a lot better than this by not giving cheap goals away and defend a bit better ........this is also a good example for our football to look at and take notes and follow the path of futsal ,volleyball and Basketball .

Ali N.

Aug 3, 2004
Congrats to everyone for this great achievement, 3rd place! I think 5-1 loss in the first game against Spain was our wake-up call, from thereon the team managed to compete. This team showed a great fighting spirit throughout this WC against strong teams... I think we have potential of achieving higher goals if good organization and management are added since the talent is already there!

Ali N.

Aug 3, 2004
BTW. for those of you interested, Argentina won this year's WC against Russia 5-4! Talk about a close game... So: 1-Argentina, 2-Russia, 3-Iran, 4-Portugal. Good job Iran!

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
Well done to these guys. They're actually on-par with or better than most top teams. No monkey business or parking the bus. Just solid football.

Is it me or the technical side of futsal has deteriorated? We used to see some insane moves by futsal players. I rarely saw any in this tournament.
They changed the rules alot and you have to play with clock, specially at the end of the game. Teams play more conservative but we were impressive in most of our games..

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Dameshoon garm!!! They made history!

At that stage (8-4 top teams), there is actually no better or worse team! Everyone are more else equally strong but better preparation, circumstances and a bit of luck decides who wins games! With a bit of luck we could have easily won the WC and with a bit of bad luck (judging by the number of penalties we messed up) we could have easily become 4th. Good to have won a medal at least!

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
I may be wrong but i think it is Iran's only medal at the world stage in any team sports

I believe so but if someone can confirm this it would be great. Congratulation to Iran and what a great achievement. This team never gave up and always came back from behind to take it. Great character and composure.

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
This is indeed best team achivement(our sitting volleyball team won world and olympics titles few times though).
Second best achievement in team sport is our volleyball team which finished 4h in world league few years a go.