FIFA World Cup 2022 ( November 21 to December 18, 2022 )

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
underdog is a team with backbone, united, prepared and more importantly fully committed players, a brave management and a worthy manager that is less powerful than the opponents in every department but morales.

Iran is currently none of the above, she is more like a clueless kid who is trusting life to instructions of a crooked to try swimming in a crocodile infested pond.
We are more like a headless chicken running around aimlessly...

homaie

Elite Member
Mar 1, 2003
NY/NJ in USA
underdog is a team with backbone, united, prepared and more importantly fully committed players, a brave management and a worthy manager that is less powerful than the opponents in every department but morales.

Iran is currently none of the above, she is more like a clueless kid who is trusting life to instructions of a crooked to try swimming in a crocodile infested pond.
Definition of underdog:
a person or group of people with less power, money, etc. than the rest of society.
Actually I think TM can win or tie agains USA and Wales at current situation and do not agree with the English fan.

backechap

Nov 22, 2002

That bad?

homaie

Elite Member
Mar 1, 2003
NY/NJ in USA
noted, but it never includes more stupid. I don't care whose fault it is, who is better manager, ... eventually our preparation for the WC is nothing but shameless.

In normal preparations we should never be considered underdog to the US or Wales.
Because of TM players talents I do not see Wales and USA will consider TM a losing team.
I see TM players talents specially in attack more dangerious than USA.
Actually the video by English Fan did not considered TM attaching players dangerious & considered TM losing all 3 matches.

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
I hope to god I am wrong but this is my honest assessment.
There is no guarantee our players in Europe will play regularly. That includes Azmoun, Gholi, Ghoddus, Allahyar, Hosseini. The rest don't play at all, they play in lower competitions or they don't matter much. In IPL, it is not about the game, it is about garbage talk so we can't trust its output.
We will have 0-3 friendlies,
We will have 20 days of preparations to get this team unified, conditioned, mentally ready, tactically adept
We have no IFF, we have an underqualified manager that 50% of players don't believe in him, we have no money,
Too much wound to heal in too short time.

I guess our biggest strength now is that we have no team so Wales, England, and the US can't analyze us!

footy

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2019
Marina Dool Rey
Sanam Vakil, deputy director of the Middle East North Africa programme at the policy institute Chatham House, says Qatar’s World Cup bid was an element in its wider strategy of emerging from Saudi Arabia’s shadow to project its own, more outward-facing vision. “I see it as a quest for relevance, to be bigger in the world, which protects the security of the state of Qatar back home,” she says. “The World Cup signifies their ambition, to project power and the sense to their own citizens of being relevant on the world stage.”

Hassan al-Thawadi, secretary-general of the supreme committee, has said Qatar’s spending on infrastructure since 2010, including the new metro system, is projected to be $200bn, and direct costs of the World Cup $6.5bn.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...orld-cup-signifies-shifts-in-wealth-and-power

homaie

Elite Member
Mar 1, 2003
NY/NJ in USA
شمارش معکوس برای جام بیست و دوم
لحظه به لحظه با جام جهانی 2022

کمتر از پنج ماه به شروع رقابت‌های جام جهانی قطر باقی مانده است؛ اولین دوره این رقابت‌ها که در پاییز برگزار می‌شود.

به گزارش "ورزش سه"، وقتی قطری‌ها در سال 2008 پیشنهادشان برای میزبانی جام جهانی 2022 را ارائه دادند، کمتر کسی شانسی برای این کشور کوچک قائل بود و حتی بعد از اعلام نام آنها به عنوان کشور میزبان هم این شایعه وجود داشت که با توجه به شرایط آب و هوایی، ممکن است میزبانی از آنها گرفته شود اما قطری‌ها از همه موانع عبور کردند و حالا کمتر از 5 ماه به برگزاری اولین جام جهانی در خاورمیانه باقی مانده است.

فیفا اعلام کرد که صرافی ارز دیجیتال کریپتو، حامی رسمی برای جام جهانی فوتبال قطر 2022 خواهد بود که قرار است در نوامبر آغاز شود.

قطر به هواداران بدون رزرو صندلی یا هتل اجازه ورود نخواهد داد. هر هواداری که بخواهد سفر کند باید با دریافت کارت دیجیتال حیا مجوز ورود بگیرد.
تیم ملی فوتبال عربستان رکورددار دریافت گل در تاریخ 5 دوره اخیر جام جهانی شد.در جدیدترین آمار از تاریخ جام جهانی رکوردداران دریافت گل در 5 دوره اخیر جام جهانی معرفی شدند که تیم ملی فوتبال عربستان با دریافت 12 گل در جام جهانی 2002 رکوددار شد.
*تیم های رکورددار دریافت گل در 5 دوره گذشته جام جهانی به ترتیب زیر است:

1-عربستان سعودی( 12 گل) جام جهانی 2002
2-کره شمالی(12 گل) جام جهانی 2010
3-پاناما( 11 گل) جام جهانی 2018
4-صربستان(10 گل) جام جهانی 2006
5-کامرون(9 گل) جام جهانی 2014

backechap

Nov 22, 2002
Yeah, you are right. Biggest "problem" is that we do not have time to fix our problems, even if we have the best coach. Now we have to resort to the ultimate Iranian expression, and that is "hala bayad bebinim chi misheh!" Well "hala chizi keh ba emkan e ziad misheh ineh ke" for the first time in our history of World Cups we end up with 0 points. Let's all turn to Macceh and bow 5 times a day, maybe that will help?

homaie

Elite Member
Mar 1, 2003
NY/NJ in USA
"hala bayad bebinim chi misheh!" Well "hala chizi keh ba emkan e ziad misheh ineh ke"
As far as I remember TM talented players and sense of winning may overcome any difficulty. Remember TM and Australia game in Australia with 80,000 Austalian fans when TM was 2-0 behind and came back & tied the game with an average coach. Valdeir Vieira told TM players play as you wish! He was smoking during the game and picking his cigarete from the ground.
I am alway optimistic and see TM players will do well in Qatar which is like home stadium for them.

Last edited:

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
As far as I remember TM talented players and sense of winning may overcome any difficulty. Remember TM and Australia game in Australia with 80,000 Austalian fans when TM was 2-0 behind and came back & tied the game with an average coach. Valdeir Vieira told TM players play as you wish! He was smoking during the game and picking his cigarete from the ground.
I am alway optimistic and see TM players will do well in Qatar which is like home stadium for them.
You are not serious, do you really think if Ausies were not extremely unlucky TM would have left the field conceding less than 5 goals? It is on youtube, just watch the game again.

If we are banking on the random, then yes I agree with you. This is football. Iran can win any of the 3 matches in the WC. Albania has defeated W Germany, Germany has defeated Brazil 7-1, Bolivia has defeated Brasil.

homaie

Elite Member
Mar 1, 2003
NY/NJ in USA
You are not serious, do you really think if Ausies were not extremely unlucky TM would have left the field conceding less than 5 goals? It is on youtube, just watch the game again.

If we are banking on the random, then yes I agree with you. This is football. Iran can win any of the 3 matches in the WC. Albania has defeated W Germany, Germany has defeated Brazil 7-1, Bolivia has defeated Brasil.
I watched the game many times. It seems all teams are unlucky against TM! As per your statement teams that TM got points in World cups were unlucky such as Scotland, Morocco, Portugal and USA in previous World cups.

Last edited:

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
I watched the game many times. It seems all teams are unlucky against TM! As per your statement teams that TM got points in World cups were unlucky such as Scotland, Morocco, Portugal and USA in previous World cups.
USA was even game, Scotland game was a different era when we had the most support, Morocco and Portugal were close enough games mainly hanks to better preparations and hard work of a united team thanks to a man you don't seem to approve. There were also other games in the last world cups that would heavily dilute your success statement.

So it is apples vs oranges not even in the same season!

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
How did you work out that Scotland was unlucky?!
They had to rely on us to score an own goal for them and then score one for ourselves and two minutes after equaliser Qasempour missed a golden chance one on one with their keeper.

How about the match against Argentina? Weren't we unlucky to lose with the last kick of the game and not get awarded a clear cut penalty on Dejageh..?
How about the lucky goal Spain scored against us ?

homaie

Elite Member
Mar 1, 2003
NY/NJ in USA
How did you work out that Scotland was unlucky?!
They had to rely on us to score an own goal for them and then score one for ourselves and two minutes after equaliser Qasempour missed a golden chance one on one with their keeper.

How about the match against Argentina? Weren't we unlucky to lose with the last kick of the game and not get awarded a clear cut penalty on Dejageh..?
How about the lucky goal Spain scored against us ?
I listed those games for reference to say it was not luck for TM to tie against Australia - it was stated on previous post that TM was lucky against Australia.
TM players have talents and it was the same againsts Australia - it was not luck. Coach was a secondary factor and average coach in many games such as Australia game.

Last edited:

homaie

Elite Member
Mar 1, 2003
NY/NJ in USA
USA was even game, Scotland game was a different era when we had the most support, Morocco and Portugal were close enough games mainly hanks to better preparations and hard work of a united team thanks to a man you don't seem to approve. There were also other games in the last world cups that would heavily dilute your success statement.

So it is apples vs oranges not even in the same season!
It is not apple and orange. All teams may have luck but overall because of TM talented players we did well in all thoses games. I gave those examples because it was stated that TM was lucky not to loss to Australia and should have lost.

Feb 4, 2005
I listed those games for reference to say it was not luck for TM to tie against Australia - it was stated on previous post that TM was lucky against Australia.
TM players have talents and it was the same againsts Australia - it was not luck. Coach was a secondary factor and average coach in many games such as Australia game.
It was pure luck. That game repeated 100 more time we’d lose embarrassingly each time.

Feb 4, 2005