FIFA World Cup 2022 ( November 21 to December 18, 2022 )

footy

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2019
Marina Dool Rey
A SECOND journalist has died suddenly while covering the World Cup, just 48 hours after Grant Wahl passed away.

Qatari photojournalist Khalid al-Misslam, who was working for Al Kass TV, died on Sunday.

Earlier Wahl, 48, died suddenly from a reported heart attack while reporting on the Netherlands versus Argentina quarter final match in Doha.

US media seated near him said Wahl fell back in his seat during extra time before other journalists called for assistance.

Emergency services rushed to the scene but he tragically died later on.

The journalist was covering his eighth World Cup, and made headlines earlier in the tournament when he claimed he was refused entry to a game for wearing a rainbow T-shirt.

Eric Wahl posted a video on Instagram on Friday in which he questioned the circumstances surrounding the death.

He wrote: “My name is Eric Wahl. I live in Seattle, Washington. I am Grant Wahl’s brother. I’m gay.

"I’m the reason he wore the rainbow shirt to the World Cup. My brother was healthy.

"He told me he received death threats. I do not believe my brother just died. I believe he was killed. And I just beg for any help.”

RaminS

Feb 19, 2009
Besides the last three and overall, which players have scored at three world cups?

I know Pelé has scored 12 goals In the World Cup. I’m sure about 70 at Mexico and also his first one in Sweden as a teenager. He didn’t score in between?
He did. Once in 1962 and once in 1966.

footy

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2019
Marina Dool Rey
1962. What was the unfortunate consequence for England striker Jimmy Greaves when he collected a stray dog during England’s quarter-final with Brazil?

a. The dog bit him
b. Greaves injured his hamstring and had to be substituted
c. The dog urinated on his shirt
d. Greaves was booked

Option C. Played the game with wet jersey.