FIFA World Cup 2022 ( November 21 to December 18, 2022 )

rahim

Elite Member
Oct 23, 2003
behbahan
Argentinian players need to realize that they are very capable and talented. And they don’t need to cheat, fake fouls or act like street tugs to win. They are very capable to win without resorting to those tactics. Today, they were tactical, played clean and didn’t waste their energy on how to cheat. They played fluid. Something that world expects from them.
If France makes it to the final, it will be a classic game!

homaie

Elite Member
Mar 1, 2003
NY/NJ in USA
World Cup prize money table: How much will each country earn?

Aside from the pride each nation generates for going on a run at the World Cup, each nation also earns World Cup prize money based on their performance.
FIFA will dish out $440 million in prize money for the World Cup as cash is given out depending on which stage of the tournament they reached, plus each team received $1.5 million just for qualifying for the World Cup.
World Cup prize money table in full
Teams who went out in the group stage earned $9 million each
Qatar, Ecuador, Wales, Iran, Mexico, Saudi Arabia, Denmark, Tunisia, Canada, Belgium, Germany, Costa Rica, Serbia, Cameroon, Ghana, Uruguay

Teams who reached the Round of 16 earned $13 million each
USA, Senegal, Australia, Poland, Spain, Japan, Switzerland, South Korea

Teams who reached the Quarterfinals earned $17 million each
Brazil, Netherlands, Portugal, England

Fourth place team will earn $25 million
Third place team will earn $27 million
Runner-up will earn $30 million
Winner will earn $42 million

Oct 18, 2002
Sydney, Australia
Luck finally ran out for Croatia. Other than the game against Canada, in my opinion they were second best in all of their other games.
Should’ve gone out in the group stage if Lukaku had converted any one of the five glorious chances he had!
You have to credit their fighting spirit as they came back from a goal down against Japan and Brazil. Lot of luck along the way but in these tournaments, everyone needs a bit of luck to get this far.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Luck finally ran out for Croatia. Other than the game against Canada, in my opinion they were second best in all of their other games.
Should’ve gone out in the group stage if Lukaku had converted any one of the five glorious chances he had!
You have to credit their fighting spirit as they came back from a goal down against Japan and Brazil. Lot of luck along the way but in these tournaments, everyone needs a bit of luck to get this far.
They destroyed the tournament with the shitty football, imagine Brazil vs Argentina game.

Oct 18, 2002
Sydney, Australia
They destroyed the tournament with the shitty football, imagine Brazil vs Argentina game.
you might be right, but because of their rivalry, a lot of Brazil v Argentina games become extremely tense but dour affairs. There's no guarantee that BRA v ARG would've been an exciting game per se. If anything, I found most of Brazil's style this world cup to be very so so. Apart from the 1st half against Korea, they were pretty ordinary to watch.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Serious? I mean I cannot disagree he is having an amazing tournament, but best in the world? I personally do not think so.
My top 3: Courtois, Bounou, toss up between Alisson or Oblak.
Disclaimer: I watch La Liga more than any other league so ...
I was talking about catching penalties. I have seen this dude in Coppa and also against Netherland.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
Argentinian players need to realize that they are very capable and talented. And they don’t need to cheat, fake fouls or act like street tugs to win. They are very capable to win without resorting to those tactics. Today, they were tactical, played clean and didn’t waste their energy on how to cheat. They played fluid. Something that world expects from them.
If France makes it to the final, it will be a classic game!
True. They also need to realise that they can play offensively very well. They seem to lack confidence going forward and keep playing the ball back. Too cautious.