Football Reforms

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Good suggestions especially since it would end time wasting. This one is long over due:
Referees can only blow for half-time or full-time when the ball goes out of play.
I always have this silly idea to make hitting the post count as half a goal.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
- The 60 minute game with the clock stopped during dead periods has always been on my mind. What a fucking tragedy time-wasting has become in football. Players are professionally trained to do it.

- The offside rule needs modification. If you beat the offside trap, you should no longer be subject to the offside rule in subsequent passes. This means, if you are already past the last defender and a teammate of yours is ahead of you, the offside rule should no longer apply. You should be able to pass it to your teammate even if he's in an offside position by current rules.

- The offside rule should also be completely ignored for attackers who are only a few inches offside. A player must be at least 1 meter in offside for the rule to apply. This is hard to enforce with naked eye, so the benefit of the doubt should always be given to the attacker.

- I wish there was a fucking automatic red card for players who walk like Hollywood stars on a red-carpet during substitutions. A player should get less than 10 seconds to exit the field (from the closest exit point). They should actually time these things and give these fuckers red cards. Nothing kills a game in the last minutes like a substitution.

- Faking injuries and play-acting should become a major crime in football. Performing theatrics and pussifying the game should carry serious punishments. It's disgusting and totally gay.

- Penalties should only count as half a goal. Penalties suck balls.

- A team that has made no attempts on goal (on or off target shots) in more than 10 minutes should be penalized with a penalty kick.

Football must remain football. There are things you can't change to make them better and football is one of them. It's not the most popular sport for nothing . by changing and applying these rules you just change the game not making it any better. VAR is the only thing missed in this game and can really help.

I heard starting this season in EPL , any fake diving will be a subject of one game suspension. overall some are trying to Americanize the game and it seems they are doing it right , slowly but surely

Feb 4, 2005
Football must remain football. There are things you can't change to make them better and football is one of them. It's not the most popular sport for nothing . by changing and applying these rules you just change the game not making it any better. VAR is the only thing missed in this game and can really help.

I heard starting this season in EPL , any fake diving will be a subject of one game suspension. overall some are trying to Americanize the game and it seems they are doing it right , slowly but surely
I agree that everything about football is what makes it the most popular but sometimes not changing certain things can damage it. One for sure is these (specially in recent years) time wasting methods. When they changed the rule that keepers cannot pick up the ball if it is passed back to them, it was a great change.
I personally like to see:

1. One hour active game play.
2. VAR which seems to be part of the game in all competitions.
3. Enforcing heavy fines/suspensions for fakers. If replays during/after the game can prove beyond doubt a player faked an injury/foul he should be suspended for a long time.

I agree that everything about football is what makes it the most popular but sometimes not changing certain things can damage it. One for sure is these (specially in recent years) time wasting methods. When they changed the rule that keepers cannot pick up the ball if it is passed back to them, it was a great change.
I personally like to see:

1. One hour active game play.
2. VAR which seems to be part of the game in all competitions.
3. Enforcing heavy fines/suspensions for fakers. If replays during/after the game can prove beyond doubt a player faked an injury/foul he should be suspended for a long time.
there are changes in rules as you mentioned about the goal keepers but some of these are structural changes which I believe change the face of the game.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
there are changes in rules as you mentioned about the goal keepers but some of these are structural changes which I believe change the face of the game.
It's exactly the face of the game that needs changing, not its core.

Thanks to the game's lack of evolution in rules, football is made out to be this boring, looong, low-scoring sport where strangely enough athleticism is mixed with utter pussification. The core idea behind the game is absolutely addictive and beautiful, but not its face. Football critics (like many Americans and Canadians) actually do have a point about football not being exciting because they are looking at its face.

The biggest problem is time wasting and dead periods. Something needs to be done.

Oct 1, 2004
In theory the 60 min idea is really good. We all want time wasting to leave - the issue however becomes how do you control a game where a team goes to ground (and is ok with the stoppage in time) because they simply want to disrupt the flow of the game.
Some games you can give 100 extra minutes, but the opponent will grassroll so much that the flow is ruined.

Selfishly I also don't like how many commercials there would be. I feel that this is being tailored to the American market.

There also needs to be heavier retroactive penalties/fines/punishments.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
In theory the 60 min idea is really good. We all want time wasting to leave - the issue however becomes how do you control a game where a team goes to ground (and is ok with the stoppage in time) because they simply want to disrupt the flow of the game.
Some games you can give 100 extra minutes, but the opponent will grassroll so much that the flow is ruined.

Selfishly I also don't like how many commercials there would be. I feel that this is being tailored to the American market.

There also needs to be heavier retroactive penalties/fines/punishments.
I don't like the idea of commercials either, but stopping the clock makes total sense because even if a team aims to disrupt the game, they're simply giving the attacking team more rest, focus and time. The game should never be disrupted for more than 10 seconds though. Except in case of injuries, this is easily possible.

As for grassrolling opponents, the other suggestion I made is for that reason: A team that has made no attempts on the opponent's goal for more than 8-10 minutes should be penalized with a penalty kick. This also takes care of bus-parking teams that suck the life out of the game.

Football critics (like many Americans and Canadians) actually do have a point about football not being exciting because they are looking at its face.

Agreed , Baseball have great Core and Face . Stand there scratch your balls and chewing on tobacco and spit it out is what football is missing ... oh lord where this world is going to ?

May 21, 2003
Not The Eshaalic Goozpublic !
i also think all teams should be forced to eat halal meat the night before the games. the vegeterians should be executed and if referee is in a bad mood the second half should end after 5 minutes.

i also think all referees should females with big tits .

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Lol that I know ..so imagine its the last qualifying game and three posts keeps you away from the cup for example . Would you then be happy with that ?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
It works both ways. Only the losing team doesn't hit the post.