Foulad’s interesting record

Oct 20, 2003
Foulad currently has 46 points, 21 points of which is gained from the games with teams from Tehran. This is a record for a non-Tehrani team in IPL. Foulad has collected six points from Perspolis, Saipa and Peykan, and three points from each game with Esteghlal and Saba Battery and one point from Pas so far. Foulad has three more games with teams from Tehran, Esteghlal, and Pas in Ahwaz, and Saba Battery in Tehran. Foulad has the lowest average age in IPL.

Source: IRNA

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Don't forget Bonacic's fantastic understanding of Mob'Ali's game. MobAli has been carrying Foolad on his shoulder for almost 2 years now, and this year he's really been the Luthar Matheus of the team.

I can't believe how Branko sometimes plays Yahya or ALAVI instead of MobAli!

Jan 29, 2004
Good stats for Foolad but on the other hand Foolad has lost both games against Zoob Ahan this season. So maybe both Croats need to learn a few things from Karbekandi :D

Foolad has problems whn they face teams who play a closed game liek Zoob Ahan. The reason they beat Perspolis twice is Perpsolis did not give them any respect and went for a win in both games and got burned by their speed and youth!

Oct 20, 2003
Chief said:
Good stats for Foolad but on the other hand Foolad has lost both games against Zoob Ahan this season. So maybe both Croats need to learn a few things from Karbekandi :D

Foolad has problems whn they face teams who play a closed game liek Zoob Ahan. The reason they beat Perspolis twice is Perpsolis did not give them any respect and went for a win in both games and got burned by their speed and youth!
I knew this will come up. :) True Zob e Ahan is the gorbeh siah for Foulad, having said that, I should add that Zob e Ahan plays the least attrative style of Football IMHO, simply boring.

BT, while Mobali has been instrumental in Foulad’s success this year, he is not the only factor for sure. Foulad enjoys eighteen players who are pretty much at the same level. When Kaabi left Foulad, nothing happened. Alavi and Badavi have been injured since before the game with Bahrain, what happened? Nothing. My feeling is sooner and later Mobali will join a European team, and I can foresee that while he will be missed, his place will be filled by another talented player, as Foulad’s bench has depth unlike any other team in IPL

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Chief said:

That's exactly why no one in Iran favors ZOB-Ahan. They don't play football. They play crap-ball. They play just like Greece, but with no style. The Greeks knew exactly what they were doing, but ZobAhan?!! By the end of the season Zob will be in the middle of the table wondering what went wrong.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Bache Tehroon(ISP) said:
That's exactly why no one in Iran favors ZOB-Ahan. They don't play football. They play crap-ball. They play just like Greece, but with no style. The Greeks knew exactly what they were doing, but ZobAhan?!! By the end of the season Zob will be in the middle of the table wondering what went wrong.
Your observation would be true if you are refering to the last league. This year they are playing a lot more attractive. When was the last time you have seen them play? I bet you it was against Perspolis where they played defensive. They play one touch football & have an amazing GK & a good coach & management & harmony in the team.

Blazevic

Bench Warmer
Aug 1, 2004
Our whole football management must learn from the management style of Foolad Club. No wonder they have been continuously successful and progressing in the past few years.

GO FOOLAD GO!

Khorus

National Team Player
Oct 25, 2002
CA
Their recent success might explain why they have the biggest number of players on TM. I think it was simply-ken who couldn't find a reason why Foolad has so many players on TM. Well I guess we have the answer, they were always talented, but being so young, they needed a little time to gel together as a team. Good for them!

As a side note, regarding Moabli and TM, I haven't seen him play because stupid IRI only shows Taj and pers games, but I suspect he is playing more of a playmaker role in Foolad and playing more offensively, so in a way he is playing the role Karimi is expected to play in TM, so he doesn't get much playing time. As a defensive midfielder, because of his smaller size and physique, he can't play as well as someone like Nekounam or even Yahya or Alavi in that position, and as a play maker he is playing second fiddle to Karimi (which I still contend does not have what it takes to be a playmaker), and Navid Kia (who is a great playmaker).

Jul 5, 2003
Bache Tehroon(ISP) said:
I can't believe how Branko sometimes plays Yahya or ALAVI instead of MobAli!
Yahya or Alavi play a more defensive role in TM. The same role is played
by either Mardani or Nouri in Foolad, which gives Iman a roaming role, free
of many defensive responsibilities.

Bauvafa

Bench Warmer
Oct 26, 2004
Foolad is enjoying the results of organizational planning and some luck. The organizational part is obvious and the luck part come into the picture when Branco invited 6 players from Foolad 4 yrs ago, that has played a major role in the players' growth.

Foolad is a good team and deserves the championship if they don't hit the WALL. League championship is like a marathon, new comers do well till they reach around the last 5 miles; that's when they hit the wall while the more experienced marathoners just chase the "leader" till they hit the wall. Perspolise proved that they can overcome obstacles by beating Malavan, let's see if Foolad can keep up.

I will be the first one to congratuate them when it's all finished but I am not gonna belittle the trophy and championship for "sympathy" reasons. They have to prove that they are the champions, till then:

Joojah ro akhare payeez mishmorand!

shahnameh akharesh khosheh!

Oct 20, 2003
Bauvafa Jan, if anything Foulad was unlucky at the beginning of the season when they missed five penalties, which would have put them almost untouchable. Therefore, luck was not on their side. Secondly Branco's picking up players from Foulad had no bearing on other players; all Foulad's players are pretty much at same level. They lost Moabli for a year or so for Sarbazi but the club progressed, they lost Kaabi, nothing happend, the club progressed. Being picked up for national team brings recognition but will not help the club in terms progress, if anything last year Foulad suffered due to Team Melli's camp which took away four or five of Foulad's top players.
True Foulad is a new club but has performed very well since its debut, last year they were third in IPL. The reason for Foulad success is what Perspolis lacks; modern management; consistency (they have had coaches from Croatia for the past seven years), spending time and money on scouting and training youth so they will have a constant supply of quality players and finally lack of hashieh (no notcheh bazi here). Foulad success is not an accident and will be repeated due to factors I mentioned above. I wish all IPL teams had the same model; imagine how different the football scene in Iran would be.