Freestyle World Cup in LA

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
I don't get how come Azerbaijan didn't make it while teams like Mongolia, india Ukaine , Japan , Armenia made it to this torunement ?!?!
Top 10 teams from previous year's World Championships are invited to World Cup.

Azerbaijan finished outside of top 10 in 2013 World Championships. Mongolia finished 8th , India finished 6th , Ukraine finished 4th , Armenia finished 9th. Japan which finished 11th replaced Cuba (which finished 7th) due to Cuba's decline of FILA invitation.

Ali N.

Aug 3, 2004
Folks,

I was in the forum yesterday and can tell you the atmosphere was AMAZING!! The ambiance of the forum made by iranian fans was SUPER... it was truly a great experience, resulting in Iran's championship. The whole stadium was surprised by iranian attendance and turnout, most of all their cheering! Team Melli Koshti did great and fought like lions. Bachehaa Motshakerim...

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Folks,

I was in the forum yesterday and can tell you the atmosphere was AMAZING!! The ambiance of the forum made by iranian fans was SUPER... it was truly a great experience, resulting in Iran's championship. The whole stadium was surprised by iranian attendance and turnout, most of all their cheering! Team Melli Koshti did great and fought like lions. Bachehaa Motshakerim...
where was it?

Farsheed

Bench Warmer
Jun 6, 2003
I think this is Iran's b team which makes it more impressive. I watched the yhe Iran Turkey and USA matches they looked great!
This was NOT Iran's B team. This was Iran's A team. Because it's a team event, in certain matches, against weaker appointments they had their B wrestler sub the A wrestler, but the entire A was there and participated in the important matches.

Hell of a performance regardless

Nov 24, 2002
This was NOT Iran's B team. This was Iran's A team. Because it's a team event, in certain matches, against weaker appointments they had their B wrestler sub the A wrestler, but the entire A was there and participated in the important matches.

that is what I said , at least 5 guys played in last year of wrestling championship ( komeil, esmailpour, yazdani, akbari and lashgari ) this can't be B team

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV

Ok now I know and thank you for the info hell of a job by Iran.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Sl
Dameshoon garm!!!! Congratulations everyone!

I hope they can do this in the Olympics!
Sly they first need to bring wrestling back Kurt Angle is really tryi g to bring interest and I loved his coment , "You guys killed wrestling but you have ribbon tossing, ridiculous!" Way to go Kurt I'm behind you. He even said Iran wrestles hard but they are clean so he respects us it was on an int erview aboit a year ago Angle is a US wrestler I respect what a boss.

maziar95

Elite Member
Oct 20, 2002
Baltimore, MD
Sl

Sly they first need to bring wrestling back Kurt Angle is really tryi g to bring interest and I loved his coment , "You guys killed wrestling but you have ribbon tossing, ridiculous!" Way to go Kurt I'm behind you. He even said Iran wrestles hard but they are clean so he respects us it was on an int erview aboit a year ago Angle is a US wrestler I respect what a boss.
I don’t know if you missed the news but wrestling is already back and will be part of the Olympics . But Kurt Angle is more concerned about promoting “fake” wrestling these days than the true sport of wrestling. He should have never gotten the gold Medal in Atlanta as Jadidi beat him so he got famous by referees missing up and giving him an Olympic gold medal instead of Silver.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
I don’t know if you missed the news but wrestling is already back and will be part of the Olympics . But Kurt Angle is more concerned about promoting “fake” wrestling these days than the true sport of wrestling. He should have never gotten the gold Medal in Atlanta as Jadidi beat him so he got famous by referees missing up and giving him an Olympic gold medal instead of Silver.
I did not know that wrestling is back that is fantastic and I remember the match I can't argue there Jadidi got cheated and robbed of the gold. It seems to happen in every Olympics, one athlete will get screwed It happened to Roy Jones when he got screwed and the dirty African refs gave the gold to the Korean. Oh and Korea were the hosts. The crooks were banned from judging but Jones still did not get the gold. I know that is boxing and this is wrestling but you get where I am going with this.