French ban on the burqa

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
It's none of my or your business to judge if burqa is or is not part of the religion. that's besides the point. State is not a religious institution to right the wrongs regarding how to practice a religion. if someone is stupid enough to choose to wear that on their face, then so be it, freedom also includes being free to be stupid.
Natural jan, its a Fact that Burga is not part of Islam or any religion. So thats in response to invalid arguments that "France is disrespecting religious freedom and all that"! so again, its NOT part of any religion to question govt on this matter. Its a fact and proof of it that Burqa is not among Islamic laws, and is a new emerging trend(that not even muslims fully support it).

I dont like burqa and I wish it didn't exist, but that's one thing to have that as your preference and another to pass your preference as law and force other people to do what you think is right.
There is not force involved. the Law is passed through Parliament. By Member of Parliaments whom all France residents, including Muslims, have voted for. So there is no force involved. Its a majority-vote and in every majority vote there are some who arent satisfied,but in a democratic system they have to respect majority vote when the law is passed through several debates/discussions and a democratic Parliament. :)

Natural

IPL Player
May 18, 2003
Natural jan, its a Fact that Burga is not part of Islam or any religion. So thats in response to invalid arguments that "France is disrespecting religious freedom and all that"! so again, its NOT part of any religion to question govt on this matter. Its a fact and proof of it that Burqa is not among Islamic laws, and is a new emerging trend(that not even muslims fully support it).
Nilu jan,

you're right.., let's say it's not part of Islam ( I really dont care if it is or it's not), it's still a choice, just like getting a tattoo.. it's a choice..and people should be free to chose. I may not like it, but I dont think people should go with what I think is right.. the state should not get in the way of your personal choices. the more the state does that, the less free the society becomes.

There is not force involved. the Law is passed through Parliament. By Member of Parliaments whom all France residents, including Muslims, have voted for. So there is no force involved. Its a majority-vote and in every majority vote there are some who arent satisfied,but in a democratic system they have to respect majority vote when the law is passed through several debates/discussions and a democratic Parliament. :)
When something becomes the law, then it will be enFORCED by the government.. that's why I said forced.

Also, A true democracy is not simply "the majority always wins". It's also protecting the right of the minorities. I thought that is basic understanding.

Last edited:

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
What if someone chooses to wear it by her free will but the law forbiddens her from doing so? isn't that against liberty?
people should be allowed to be stupid as long as they dont harm anyone else. if you want to correct every wrong in all religions and traditions, where do you draw the line? it's a slippery slope.
Does this right extend to those who want to walk in town completely naked? They are not harming anyone else either.

But why are people kidding themselves pretending that this is about the "right" to dress as you like? It isn't. It's about religion and it's about Islam. Whether Islam says you have to cover your face or not is a different argument. The fact is that women who do it are moslems and they do it because of it. It is NOT about a simple right to dress as you please. and as I said in my previous post, this practice stems from a belittling and subjugation of women as inferior beings.

For this reason the ban is right.

ashtar

National Team Player
Aug 17, 2003
Does this right extend to those who want to walk in town completely naked? They are not harming anyone else either.
There is a view and belief commonly held by majority of people in the world that it is inappropriate for children to be exposed to sexuality not to mention that the majority of people also find public nudity offensive and inappropriate. In your view having sex with someone in public place may be a personal issue between the people having sex and you may think that they are not hurting anyone else but it is a common belief that their act disturbs the rest of the public and thus the state has a cause to ban such behavior or actions.

Now in my opinion one can take the above logic and take it further, as more conservative states like IRI, SA, or Vatican do. They take the above argument and draw the line further claiming that for example wearing a bikini in public place is still as inappropriate and disturbing to public and children as is nudity and thus impose their own dress codes.

However, the problem with the French action is that while one may logically advance the "nudity argument" to claim that for example showing cleavage in public is wrong one can not logically regress that argument to say that too much covering is disturbing and inappropriate. What the French government has done is create its own new claim and argument that is not commonly and widely accepted by majority of humans and the problem with their argument is that the natural progression of their argument would be for some radical state to impose mandatory nudity on the citizens. As I said in my other post, if France is arguing that wearing a "niqab" is inappropriate and offensive because one can not fully see the face of the person then the natural progression and application of that argument would be to say that wearing sunglasses, hats, caps, wigs, earmuffs, and even beard and mustache are also inappropriate and offensive and then the next step of that argument would be that covering your arms and legs and then covering your torso and genitals are also inappropriate and offensive.

The problem for France is that it claims to practice "human" rights and such imposition on the rights of individuals creates an obvious contradiction in their logic (as noticed by most people across the world and members on this board). However, religious states such as IR do not risk such contradiction in logic because from the outset they claim that their laws are not based on "human" rights and laws but rather on rights and laws given and permitted by what they claim to be from "God" and religion.

But why are people kidding themselves pretending that this is about the "right" to dress as you like? It isn't. It's about religion and it's about Islam. Whether Islam says you have to cover your face or not is a different argument. The fact is that women who do it are moslems and they do it because of it. It is NOT about a simple right to dress as you please. and as I said in my previous post, this practice stems from a belittling and subjugation of women as inferior beings.
People are not kidding themselves. It's the French government that is kidding itself and the people by not having the courage to come out say outright that their problem is with Islam or anyone in anyway attempting to announce publicly that they are Muslim. I may also think that the expectation of the conservative Muslims that their boys and men grow out their beard or wear a hat is a form of subjugation but if adults out of their own free will choose to be subjugated then who am I and who is the government to interfere and order that they shouldn't?

Natural

IPL Player
May 18, 2003
Does this right extend to those who want to walk in town completely naked? They are not harming anyone else either..

That's an obsurd line of argument. It's kinda like the following argument regarding marijuana:

"Marijuana could not be legalized, because if it is, then who's to say that we shouldn't legalize Heroin and other drugs too, after all they're all drugs."

being naked and having a neqab on your face are two very difference concepts. you can't justify one by justifying the other, or visa versa. by doing that, you're simplifying (dumbing down) a rather complicated matter.

For this reason the ban is right.
The argument here is not whether burqa is good or bad. (I personally think it's backward.) the argument here is that people should be allowed to make stupid decision. If a woman is willingly (by her own choice) wants to be subjugated and reduced to submission, then she should be allowed. The state should not interfere with those personal choices. That's a scary slippery slope, where do you draw the line?

Last edited:

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
^^^Maybe the naked exmple was too extreme but I used the same argument that people may make stupid choices. I guess then that you draw the line at nudity!

But as for the rest we have to agree to disagree once again. I don't see wearing a neqab as a personal choice like most other personal choices. I see it as an age old imposition. Even if the woman chooses to wear it, the roots of the practice have nothing to do with choice.

moosh1

Ball Boy
Jan 20, 2004
با تصویب ممنوعیت برقع و نقاب در امکان عمومی در فرانسه، یکبار دیگر مساله حجاب، آزادی مذهب و پوشش، حقوق مدنی و سکولاریسم (لائیسیته) و تبعیض علیه یک محیط اجتماعی معین، محیط مسلمان، در صدر اخبار و مسائل بحث برانگیز اجتماعی قرار گرفته است. مساله حجاب بویژه در دهه اخیر بعنوان یک مساله حاد در جوامع غربی مطرح بوده است. چند سال پیش در انگلستان دختری که حجاب کامل از سر تا پا می پوشید مدرسه ای را که حجاب کامل را ممنوع کرده بود به دادگاه کشاند؛ در هلند چند سال پیش دولت مساله ممنوعیت برقع را طرح کرد؛ در بلژیک پارلمان ممنوعیت برقع را به تصویب رساند، اما بحران دولتی عملا اجرای آنرا بتعویق انداخت.
هر بار که دولتی تمایل خود به ممنوعیت حجاب را در شکل یا فرمی طرح می کند، اسلامیست ها و برخی سازمان های مدافع آزادی مذهب و حقوق مدنی بحث حول این مباحث را در رسانه ها و جراید کشوری مطرح می کنند.
اسلامیست ها و برخی سازمان های حقوق بشر اعلام می کنند که جامعه باصطلاح مسلمان از واقعه تروریستی یازده سپتامبر مورد تبعیض و حملات راسیستی قرار گرفته است. بر همین مبنا استدلال می کنند که تلاش برای ممنوعیت برقع و نقاب تعرض به آزادی های فردی و حمله راسیستی دیگری به جامعه مسلمان است. برای روشن شدن صحت و سقم این ادعاها باید این مسائل را مورد تحلیل و بررسی عمیق تر قرار داد.
بنظر من دفاع مطلق از پوشش حجاب، یعنی در هر شکل و فرم آن و در هر شرایطی، بعنوان دفاع از آزادیهای فردی یا آزادی پوشش کاملا اشتباه و گمراه کننده است. چنین استدلالی حقوق دیگر برسمیت شناخته شده در جامعه، حقوقی اگر نه مهم تر به همان اندازه مهم را تحت الشعاع قرار می دهد. دفاع بی قید و شرط و مطلق از پوشش حجاب با حقوق دیگر در تناقض قرار می گیرد؛ بطور نمونه، حقوق کودک، حقوق زنان، حق جامعه و اصل سکولاریسم. در دفاغ از آزادی پوشش حجاب باید شرایط مختلفی را در نظر گرفت. 1- سن فردی که حجاب می پوشد؛ 2- میزان حجاب، یعنی تا چه میران از بدن را می پوشاند؛ 3- در کجا حجاب مورد استفاده قرار گرفته است.
چرا این فاکتورها باید در نظر گرفته شود؟
قبل از هر چیز باید حجاب را تعریف کرد و جایگاه آنرا شناخت. آیا حجاب فقط یک مد لباس یا یک نوع لباس است؟ بحثی که می کوشد حجاب را فقط یک نوع لباس قلمداد کند، کاملا گمراه کننده است. پوشیدن حجاب یک اصل و دستور مذهبی و پوشش مذهبی است؛ بعلاوه، در شرایط کنونی حجاب به بیرق یک جنبش شدیدا ارتجاعی و ضد زن، یعنی اسلام سیاسی، بدل شده است. حجاب به سمبل قدرت اسلامی بدل شده است. هر جا اسلامیست ها قدرت سیاسی را بدست گرفته اند یا در قدرت سیاسی سهیم شده اند، حجاب را با زور شلاق و شکنجه بر زنان تحمیل کرده اند. تحمیل حجاب بر زنان سمبل قدرت گیری و پیروزی اسلام سیاسی و جنبش اسلامی است.
چرا این استدلال به بحث ما مربوط میشود؟ ممکن است در مقابل این بحث چنین استدلال شود که صرفنظر از خصلت مذهبی یا سیاسی حجاب، فرد باید در پوشیدن هر سمبل مذهبی یا سیاسی آزاد باشد. پاسخ به ادعای اخیر از زاویه اصول و قوانین حاکم در جوامع مدرن منفی است. در بسیاری جوامع از جمله جوامع غربی، در بسیاری مشاغل یک کد یا نرم پوشش وجود دارد. بطور نمونه در بخش پزشکی، پلیس، آتش نشانی، و ادارات هر نوع پوششی آزاد نیست. این نرم از طرف جامعه پذیرفته شده و رعایت می شود. لذا حجاب نیز باید از همین زاویه مورد بررسی قرار گیرد.
یا بطور نمونه، موتور سواران و در برخی جوامع دوچرخه سواران باید کلاه ایمنی بسر داشته باشند؛ لذا ادعای برخی مذاهب یا تعلقات ملی به پوششی بر سر که مانع پوشیدن کلاه ایمنی است، پذیرفته نمی شود. حجاب نیز باید در حیطه همین مقولات مورد بررسی قرار گیرد. اما بنظر می رسد که نه تنها اسلامیست ها، بلکه برخی سازمان های حقوق بشر و چپ نیز حجاب را بعنوان مقوله ای کاملا مجزا و منحصر بفرد در نظر می گیرند.
این استاندارد دو گانه را باید مورد نقد جدی قرار داد. باید هر نوع "حجاب" رومانتیکی که بر حجاب کشیده شده است را درید و جعلیات و مغلطه های فلسفی و حقوقی حول این مقوله را شکافت. حجاب سمبل مذهب، ایدئولوژی و جنبش سیاسی ای است که زن را بی ارزش و بی حقوق قلمداد می کند. حجاب ابزار و سمبل بی حقوقی و بردگی زن است.
اسلام، همچون تمام مذاهب دیگر، زن ستیز و مردسالار است. اسلام محصول یک نظم مرد سالار است و بعلاوه مردسالاری موجود را ارتقاء داده و در اشکالی کنکرت تر و محدود کننده تر تثبیت کرده است. اسلام، بویژه در تمام جوانب زندگی شخصی، خصوصی و اجتماعی انسان نفوذ کرده است. اسلام قوانین و مقررات بسیار مردسالارانه ای بر مناسبات میان زن و مرد در خانواده و جامعه مقرر کرده است. آپارتاید جنسی مشخصه نظام سیاسی-اجتماعی اسلام است.
زن، طبق اسلام، موجودی مستقل و صاحب رای و اراده نیست. زن تداوم مرد محسوب می شود. زن متعلق به مرد، پدر، پدر بزرگ، برادر یا شوهر است. خود هیچ موجودیت و هویت مستقلی ندارد. اصلا بدون مردی که صاحبش باشد، در جامعه بحساب هم نمی آید. حجاب تجویز شده است، تا مایملک مرد را از تعرض مردان دیگر محفوظ بدارد؛ مانند سیم خارداری که دور خانه ای کشیده می شود تا از ورود دزد به خانه جلوگیری کند. یک زن "آزاد"، بدون "صاحب"، در اسلام مال "حلالی" است برای تعرض هر مردی.
این یک بحث و ادعای پوچ است که حجاب را صرفا یک نوع پوشش در نظر بگیریم. باید تاکید کرد که حجاب در زندگی میلیون ها زن که تحت قانون اسلام زندگی می کنند، ابزاری برای بندگی و بی حقوقی است.
با این وجود ممکن است استدلال شود، که اگر کسی تصمیم بگیرد یک زندگی برده وار را انتخاب کند، باید بتواند چنین کند. جامعه مدنی مدرن پاسخ متفاوتی به این استدلال ارائه می دهد. در جامعه مدرن که برخی حقوق انسانی و فردی برسمیت شناخته شده است، منشورهایی در دفاع از حقوق کودک، حقوق زن و غیره بتصویب رسیده است. در این جوامع حتی کوشیده می شود که انسان را از آزار رساندن بخود مانع شوند. با همین متد، می توان و باید محدودیت هایی بر پوشیدن حجاب برقرار کرد. در اینجاست که اختلافات و بحث های متقابل در می گیرد. این یک عرصه خاکستری و بحث برانگیز است. در اینجاست که باید به عرصه هایی که در بالا به آنها اشاره شد بپردازیم.
ممنوعیت حجاب برای دختران زیر سن قانونی
یکی از دستاوردهای جامعه مدرن برسمیت شناختن کودک بعنوان انسانی مستقل و ضربه پذیر است. این آگاهی، تصویب منشوری بعنوان منشور حقوق کودک را ضروری کرده است. تمام جوامع متعلق به سازمان ملل، در شکل فرمال یا واقعی و با درجات مختلف در اجرای منشور، منشور حقوق کودک را برسمیت شناخته اند. هدف این منشور دفاع از حقوق کودک و ممانعت از سوءاستفاده و آسیب رساندن به کودک است. جامعه باید در مقابل حق کودک به یک زندگی نرمال، ایمن و شاد مسئول باشد. رشد نرمال و سالم یک کودک از مسئولیت های اجتماع و نه فقط اولیای کودک است. این منشور کودک را در مقابل آسیب و سوءاستفاده اولیاء و خانواده نیز محفوظ می دارد و یا باید محفوظ بدارد. مبارزات بسیاری انجام گرفته است تا ایده سنتی، پدرسالارانه و فئودالی که کودک را مایملک پدر محسوب می کند به مصاف بطلبد.
این یک دستاورد مهم است که در اساس مذهب را به مصاف می طلبد. زیرا طبق اصول مذهبی کودک مایملک پدر است. در اسلام پدر یا پدر بزرگ حق دارند کودک را بکشند و هیچ مقامی حق دخالت در این امر را ندارد. باین ترتیب منشور دفاع از حقوق کودک بعنوان یک انسان مستقل و دارای حقوق ویژه، این اصل پایه ای مذهب را باطل اعلام می کند. لغو حقوق بی قید و شرط اولیاء، در واقع پدر بر کودک، باید به دختران تحت اسلام نیز بسط یابد.
حجاب یک تعرض مستقیم و خشن به حقوق دختر بچه ها است. حجاب دختران را از یک زندگی نرمال، شاد و رشد آزادانه و سالم محروم می کند. حجاب از همان طفولیت جدایی دو جنس را بر جامعه تحمیل می کند. دختر از همان طفولیت تحت تبعیض مسلم قرار می گیرد. می آموزد که باید نوع دیگری عمل و فکر کند؛ باید توقعاتش را از زندگی کاهش دهد؛ درونی میکند که هویت و موجودیت مستقل ندارد؛ باید خاموش و مطیع باشد. حجاب ابزاری برای تثبیت بی حقوقی زن، بندگی زن و آپارتاید جنسی در جامعه است. لذا برای دفاع از حقوق کودک، ممانعت از تعرض به حقوق کودک، آسیب رساندن به شخصیت و رشد کودک، حجاب باید برای کودکان ممنوع شود.
استدلالی که در مقابله با این خواست انسانی، بر دفاع از آزادی مذهب تاکید می کند، کاملا پوچ و مسخره است. "کودک مذهب ندارد." این مذهب اولیاء و خانواده است که بر کودک تحمیل می شود. لذا تا زمانی که کودک، کودک است، باید از تعرض مذهب محفوظ باشد. زمانی که به سن قانونی رسید، آنگاه می تواند میان بندگی و آزادی انتخاب کند. جامعه در مقابل حقوق کودک و رشد سالم و نرمال وی مسئول است و باید این مسئولیت خود را جدی بگیرد؛ همانگونه که کار کودک را ممنوع اعلام کرده است؛ تنبیه بدنی کودک جرم محسوب می شود؛ سوء استفاده جنسی از کودک جرم است و آموزش و پرورش کودک اجباری است؛ حجاب نیز باید در رده این مقولات قرار گیرد و پوشش آن برای دختر بچه ها ممنوع شود. حجاب یک تعرض مسلم جسمی و روحی به کودک است.
جامعه سکولار در برابر حجاب
در یک جامعه سکولار، مذهب امر خصوصی و شخصی شهروندان است و باید از دولت، قوانین، آموزش و پرورش و هویت شهروندی جدا باشد. بیک معنا دولت در برابر مذاهب خنثی است و هیچ مذهبی را تشویق و تبلیغ نمی کند. یک جامعه سکولار قابلیت دفاع بیشتری از حقوق فردی و مدنی افراد دارا است. بر خلاف نظر حاکم که یک جامعه سکولار را مخالف آزادی مذهب قلمداد می کند، یک جامعه سکولار از آزادی افراد در اعتقاد به هر مذهبی دفاع می کند و محکم تر در مقابل تحریکات نفرت مذهبی مقاومت می کند.
از اینرو در یک جامعه سکولار پوشیدن یا حمل هر نوع سمبل مذهبی در ادارات و بنیادهای دولتی ممنوع است. چنین قانونی بر مبنای جدایی دولت از مذهب و عدم دفاع حکومت از یک مذهب معین تدوین شده است. لذا بر دیوار ادارات دولتی هیچ عکس و سمبل مذهبی از صلیب تا الله یا ستاره مخصوص مذهب یهود خبری نخواهد بود. انداختن صلیب به گردن، پوشیدن کلاهک یهودی توسط مردان و حجاب توسط زنان ممنوع خواهد بود. باین ترتیب از هر نوع تداخل مذاهب در ادارات و مجامع دولتی پرهیز می شود. تبعیضات مذهبی کاهش می یابد و تفرقه و جدایی های مذهبی تعدیل می شود.
بنابراین، بنظر من قانون اخیر در فرانسه که پوشیدن و حمل هر نوع سمبل مذهبی را در ادارات و اماکن دولتی ممنوع می کند، قدم مثبتی به پیش است. اما این قانون باندازه کافی به پیش نمی رود. چرا که مدارس مذهبی خصوصی هنوز در فرانسه آزاد هستند. این مدارس به محیطی برای تبعیض مضاعف، تفرقه و جدایی بیشتر، و گتو سازی بدل می شود. باید مدارس مذهبی خصوص نیز ممنوع شود تا هر کودکی از یک محیط برابر تر برای رشد و آموزش برخوردار شود.
برقع و نقاب، یک حق فردی یا تعرض به یک حق اجتماعی
حجاب در اشکال مختلفی اعمال می شود. از روسری تا چادر و برقع و نقاب اشکال مختلف حجاب محسوب می شوند. در سال های اخیر، برقع بعنوان سمبل طالبان شناخته شده است. نظامی بشدت ارتجاعی که ضد انسانی ترین شرایط را بر یک جامعه تحمیل کرده است و موقعیت زنان را از احشام نیز پایین تر برده است.
سوال اساسی اینجاست که آیا یک زن باید "آزاد" باشد که برقع یا نقاب بر چهره خود بکشد؟ بنظر من خیر. ممنوعیت برقع و نقاب را از دو نقطه نظر می توان مورد دفاع قرار داد. 1- دفاع از حق زنان؛ 2- دفاع از حق جامعه.
در بالا اعلام کردیم که حجاب ابزار و سمبل بردگی زن است. و بر همین مبنا استدلال کردیم که حجاب باید برای دختران زیر سن قانونی ممنوع شود. اما پذیرفتیم که در یک جامعه آزاد افراد بزرگسال باید مجاز باشند که در صورت "تمایل" حجاب را "انتخاب" کنند. همچنین از محدودیت هایی که جامعه بر "خود آزاری" مقرر می کند، نیز صحبت کردیم. بطور نمونه، ختنه دختران که پس از یک مبارزه طولانی نام درست تری بر آن گذاشته شد، یعنی مثله جنسی دختران، در بسیاری از جوامع متمدن ممنوع شده است. مدافعین حقوق زن و کودک بدنبال یک مبارزه طولانی و متمرکز توانستند توجه جامعه را به این عمل وحشیانه جلب کنند و آنرا بعنوان یک جنایت برسمیت بشناسانند.
در اینجا باید تاکید کرد که آزادی مذهب بمعنای آزادی عمل کردن به تمام دستورات و اصول مذهبی نیست. برخی مذاهب به قربانی کردن انسان ها در مقابل خدایان معتقدند؛ برخی به مثله جنسی دختران؛ برخی به بی حقوقی و آزار جسمی و روحی انسان ها؛ برخی به سوزاندن زن بیوه بهمراه جسد شوهرش؛ تمام این رسوم و دستورات در کشورهای متمدن غیرقانونی است و باید در تمام دنیا ممنوع شود. مطابق اسلام مرد حق دارد زن "سرکش اش" را تنبیه بدنی کند؛ آیا باید این دستور آزاد باشد؟ روشن است که نباید چنین باشد و مردی که به این دستور عمل می کند با قانون روبرو خواهد شد.
برقع و نقاب نیز در رده همین دستورات مذهبی است و باید ممنوع شود. برقع و نقاب زن را از هر نوع هویتی محروم می کند. زن را به یک روح بی هویت و شکل بدل می کند، هویت انسانی را از او سلب می کند. اجازه پوشش آن بمعنای قبول موجوداتی بی هویت است که مانند ارواح در گوشه و کنار جامعه در تحرک اند و این یک توهین مسلم به زن و حقوق و انسانیت اوست. جامعه نباید به چنین بی احترامی و تعرضی به زن اجازه بروز دهد. نقاب و برقع باید تحت قانون "خود آزاری" غیرقابل مجاز قرار گیرد. حال از این استدلال می گذریم که هیچ انسان صاحب اختیاری حاضر نمی شود که چنین توهین و محدودیتی را آزادانه انتخاب کند!
در برخورد به مقوله نقاب و برقع ما از حیطه حقوق فردی عبور می کنیم و به حیطه حقوق اجتماعی می رسیم. برقع علاوه بر تعرض آشکار به حقوق زن، حقوق اجتماعی را نیز مورد تهدید قرار می دهد. فردی که برقع بر چهره دارد، برای افراد دور و بر و جامعه، بی هویت است؛ قابل شناخت نیست؛ جامعه نمی تواند بطور روزمره با انسان بی صورت و هویت فونکسیون های خود را به پیش برد. بطور مثال در یک محیط کار، چه همکاران و چه مراجعین قادر نیستند با فردی که صورت خود را پوشانده است وارد صحبت، مذاکره یا کار و فعالیت شوند. مساله جلب اعتماد افراد یک فاکتور مهم در پیشبرد فونکسیونهای اجتماعی است. انسان بی چهره این اعتماد را زیر پا می گذارد و یک خلاء مهم اعتماد در محیط کار و در اطراف خود ایجاد می کند.
مساله اعتماد از محیط کار فراتر می رود. در اماکن عمومی، در خیابان، در اتوبوس، زمین بازی کودکان، در هواپیما، در هر محیط عمومی، فرد برقع پوش یک شرایط ناامن برای محیطش ایجاد می کند. در اینجاست که حق فردی با حق اجتماعی در تعارض قرار می گیرد. ممنوعیت پوشش برقع و نقاب مانند ممنوعیت سیگار کشیدن در اماکن عمومی است. فردی که سیگار می کشد حقش محدود میشود باین خاطر که دود سیگار برای افراد دیگر مضر است. حق فردی با حق اجتماعی در تعارض قرار می گیرد و لذا محدود می شود.
در پایان باید یکبار دیگر تاکید کنیم که حجاب را باید دوباره و بدون هیچگونه رومانتیسم حق فردی یا آزادی مذهب تعریف کنیم. حجاب را بعنوان ابزار و سمبل به بردگی کشیدن زنان و تنزل شان انسانی زن برسمیت بشناسیم. مضرات آنرا برای رشد نرمال، آزاد و سالم کودک برسمیت بشناسیم و همچنین مضرات آنرا برای کل جامعه مورد بررسی قرار دهیم. باین ترتیب به واقعیت وجودی حجاب پی خواهیم برد. اسلامیست های زیرک، همان کسانی که با شلاق حجاب را در محیط های تحت تسلط خود پیاده می کنند، در جوامعی که حقوق مدنی را برسمیت می شناسد، به این حقوق متوسل می شوند تا حجاب را در جامعه به یک پدیده عادی و قابل احترام بدل کنند. باید این راه را در مقابل اسلامیست ها مسدود کرد.
آذر ماجدی

Dec 12, 2002
usa
well that famous great movie of paul newman ; cool hand luke had this popular line;we have failure to communicate . the decision is not against freedom of expression or religion it is about the whole concept of society, to be part of a society is that to be productive, involved, participant, communicative unless one has some phyisical limitation .
how a healty person covered the whole body,hands,face to be a productive or participant in a society .another message of covering the whole body is mistrust to rest of members of a society .

Jun 7, 2004
Moosh jaan, you and all others that think this ban is a good idea are dead wrong on every count. Instead it serves your particular prejudice, thus you find it desirable. The power of self-justification is immense, lengthy :).

Neither you, nor anyone one else has any right what so ever to force a dress code in an entire country, be it banning nudity or banning the burqa or whatever it is called, on anyone at the point of the gun. Instead, you could if you so wished to use noncoercive social pressure, advertisement, discussions, reminders, etc to achieve a certain dress code. Further, the state or society, has no justified right what-so-ever at the point of the gun, on any matter, over the way parents wish to treat or raise their children. Children belong to their parents, period, end of the story. Absolutely, the society does not even come close to caring about other people's children. It is all pretense and lying. It has been proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

Failing these laws will always without an exception, past, present, or future result in bad results.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
Neither you, nor anyone one else has any right what so ever to force a dress code in an entire country, be it banning nudity or banning the burqa or whatever it is called, on anyone at the point of the gun.
FP jan, is this your understanding of what is happening in France with the ban?! That the French are forcing a dresscode on their entire population at gunpoint!!!!!?

This is not directed at you but I think people who equate IR's forcing of hejab on women in Iran with the French ban on the Burqa are so way out of line that leaves me speechless. Just think about the two and it does't take long to realise they are vastly different things.

Natural

IPL Player
May 18, 2003
FP jan, is this your understanding of what is happening in France with the ban?! That the French are forcing a dresscode on their entire population at gunpoint!!!!!?

This is not directed at you but I think people who equate IR's forcing of hejab on women in Iran with the French ban on the Burqa are so way out of line that leaves me speechless. Just think about the two and it does't take long to realise they are vastly different things.
Except the way those laws are enforced in Iran and France, please explain how the concept behind them is any different in regards to the state deciding how its citizens should be dressed in public.

Don't be speechless, let's see your point of view on that.

Jun 7, 2004
Yes, that is my understanding and it is the correct understanding. In France it has become law, i.e. it is enforced at the point of the gun, that women are not allowed to wear the burqa in public. The French government, and the 99.9% of the French people who support it, have absolutely no justified right to force this on even one person.

IR's forcing of hejab on women in Iran is the same, except that it is immensely worse, because,

1) It is much more restrictive than the French ban, taking even more freedoms away.
2) It is against a much larger portion of the population.
3) It is more adhoc.
4) It is enforced much more brutally.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
IR's forcing of hejab is the same? At the point of a gun? What on earth are you talking about?
In France the punishment for wearing a Burqa in public is a 100 euro fine. You interpret this as gunpoint!!!!
In IR the punishment for a woman not wearing hejab is detainment and possible coke bottle shoved up their privates and even worse.

Natural,
The concept is different because one forces hejab on all women, while another prohibits face covers in public on a small proportion of women. Note, it doesn't ban the hejab. Women can still cover their hair without a problem and wear hejab or not.

Please don't turn the ban on the facecover (which is a very brutal and demeaning degrading imposition of womanhood) into something as bad as forcing hejab.

Natural

IPL Player
May 18, 2003
Natural,
The concept is different because one forces hejab on all women, while another prohibits face covers in public on a small proportion of women.
so from what I gather after reading the above comment, I get the feeling that the law is justified for you because it effects a small minority. A true democracy is when the basic rights of all minorities are protected by the system. that's a vital part of a true democracy. it is against basic human rights to pass a law that prohibits even one person to practice what they want to in public as long as he/she is not harming anyone regardless of my opinion on how backwards the practice is.

the advocate of such laws have no problem with imposing and forcing their beliefs on other people. in that sense, they are not really different from mullahs who feel its justified to do the same thing imposing what they think is right on their citizens.

Note, it doesn't ban the hejab. Women can still cover their hair without a problem and wear hejab or not.
tthe logic of the above statement can also be found in the following.

its not like african-americans couldn't ride the bus back in the day, they just had to sit at the back and weren't allowed to sit in the front with the other white people.

i find that kind of logic (if you can call it that) quite problematic.

Last edited:

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
Nilu jan,

you're right.., let's say it's not part of Islam ( I really dont care if it is or it's not), it's still a choice, just like getting a tattoo.. it's a choice..and people should be free to chose. I may not like it, but I dont think people should go with what I think is right.. the state should not get in the way of your personal choices. the more the state does that, the less free the society becomes.
Thats a very valid argument Natural jan. thats why I'd personally support this law when it was enforced in public institutions only. In contrary there are valid reasons for it too that Abs mentioned well here:

natural jaan, the point is it is a possible security threat, it's not actually part of islam, banning it does not really hurt anyone (don't say if they really believe that they have to do it for their god, then this hurts their feelings... because then at least it would have to be part of the religion that they claim to follow but it's not - this one is not even really debatable in islam like maybe the concept of hijab itself - then it's just their own stupid belief rather than their religion and a stupid belief which does not bring any benefit to them, may have actually been forced upon them even if they don't admit it or maybe even not realise it AND is a security threat AND the huge majority of the country don't want to see it.. then i think it's right to ban it and it's completely democratic!
When something becomes the law, then it will be enFORCED by the government.. that's why I said forced.

Also, A true democracy is not simply "the majority always wins". It's also protecting the right of the minorities. I thought that is basic understanding.
[/quote]

Yes ur right, right of the minorities should also be respected in a democracy. The concern is also their identification(at schools when they pick up their kids, in hospitals, in public offices where it needs identification,etc) that if they lift the ban, then they cant enforce it on them to take off their Burqa when asked for identification. Then there will be outcry by their group that they cant remove their Burqa at any point, its their choice and they have to wear it all the time!

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
My take on this one is simple: This burka thing has to be fought against in progressive countries and the european or american countries shouldnt be afraid of these talks about human rights and stuff like that because those talks just make people forget about alot of other things that are related to this kind of dressing. I know many of them, i know their husbands, i know their children...this is a disease. Those who wear it here, are in one or another way related to islamism. they are not as harmless as pseudoliberal people try to paint them. I know pakistani taxi drivers who read quran when they sit in their taxis and wait for someone, their mobile phone ring tones are verses of quran, their wifes and little daughters wear burqa or roosari and these guys spent a big portion of their income to an islamic center in england to an imam who seems to be their big daddy. There are 13 years old kids who try to influence german kids in schools to convert them or convince them to wear hejaab.

Fuck liberalism in this case, this shit has to come to an end as other migrants who dont want to have anything to do with this shit are obviously getting thrown in the same pot. Germans, Dutch, Belgians, French, Danes, Swedish, Austrians..they simply are fed up with all of us as they dont trust us any longer. Taro khoshkam baa ham misoozoonan.

Europeans in general should start making life more difficult for these lajans to make them either go away (which is highly doubtfull because nowhere they can make more money and influence innocent people easier than in europe) or atleast make them feel uncomfortable wearing abaa o amaame o burka. Europeans have been too liberal to people who say themselves that they dont like liberalism for way too long. Be liberal to people who are ready to be liberal to you in return. Moslems have learned to be vaghih o bisharaf, they demand liberalism and human rights from people who call "nonbelievers" and "dirty priks". If i was one of those "dirty priks", i would deport every single of them.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
I'm all for this, but only if say rich Qatari tourists who come with their 5 wives as tourists are also forbidden to wear Burqa, because those are the only people in Europe I see sometimes wearing that.

Natural

IPL Player
May 18, 2003
My take on this one is simple: This burka thing has to be fought against in progressive countries and the european or american countries shouldnt be afraid of these talks about human rights and stuff like that because those talks just make people forget about alot of other things that are related to this kind of dressing. I know many of them, i know their husbands, i know their children...this is a disease. Those who wear it here, are in one or another way related to islamism. they are not as harmless as pseudoliberal people try to paint them. I know pakistani taxi drivers who read quran when they sit in their taxis and wait for someone, their mobile phone ring tones are verses of quran, their wifes and little daughters wear burqa or roosari and these guys spent a big portion of their income to an islamic center in england to an imam who seems to be their big daddy. There are 13 years old kids who try to influence german kids in schools to convert them or convince them to wear hejaab.

Fuck liberalism in this case, this shit has to come to an end as other migrants who dont want to have anything to do with this shit are obviously getting thrown in the same pot. Germans, Dutch, Belgians, French, Danes, Swedish, Austrians..they simply are fed up with all of us as they dont trust us any longer. Taro khoshkam baa ham misoozoonan.

Europeans in general should start making life more difficult for these lajans to make them either go away (which is highly doubtfull because nowhere they can make more money and influence innocent people easier than in europe) or atleast make them feel uncomfortable wearing abaa o amaame o burka. Europeans have been too liberal to people who say themselves that they dont like liberalism for way too long. Be liberal to people who are ready to be liberal to you in return. Moslems have learned to be vaghih o bisharaf, they demand liberalism and human rights from people who call "nonbelievers" and "dirty priks". If i was one of those "dirty priks", i would deport every single of them.
There is a dictator in everyone of us, some have it more obvious than others..

Do what I think is right. because I know what is best for me should be best for you too. if you dont think so, I'll use force to make you do/not do what I think you should/shouldn't be doing.