G.G Buffon the Italian Eagle !

kasra1930

National Team Player
Dec 30, 2011

اندام بالا بلندش دستهای کشیده اش , چهره دوست داشتنی در کنار مهارتهای فنی او را چنان در قلب مردم جای داد که تصور پوشیدن پیراهن شماره یک تیم ملی بر تن او رویای همیشگی فوتبالدوستان گشت . شاید بیراه نباشد در کمال احترام به همه دروازه بانان زحمتکش تیم ملی طی سالهای متمادی او را اعتبار دروازه بانی فوتبال ایران بنامیم ........ با او بود گه به المپیک و جام جهانی رفتیم در مونترال برابر چشمان جهانیان تحسین شدیم و هراران خاطره شیرین دیگر که همگی یادگار حضور ناصر حجازی در فوتبال ایران است

naser hejazi15.jpg

kasra1930

National Team Player
Dec 30, 2011
View attachment 38944 nasser hejazi 16.jpg

یادم هست که ایران یک دروازبان داشت که خیلی*** خوب بود،و واکنش***های او به یادم مونده،چون بارها جلوی گلزنی من را گرفت،

اینکه نام دروازبان شما در ذهن ما مونده،این است که در اون زمان یوهان کرویف در تیم*** هلند بازی نمیکرد،و من که می***خواستم که آقای گًل شوم،می***خواستم تا میتوانم گًل بزنم،اما دروازبان شما همچون صخره جلوی ما ایستاد....

آری هان

جام جهانی*** ۱۹۷۸

View attachment 38946

Last edited:

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
when I was a teenager, I had so much passion for Mansoorian. I used to escape school on Thursdays to go to stadium and watch him play. To me, he and Marc Overarms were idols. But that don't make them the best ever, right ?
So I don't have any doubts that Hejazi was great keeper but for me what counts at the end is your accomplishments. He almost made it to Man U, but he didn't play in it. He didn't play in champions league, he didn't play in top league in Europe. So I can't and won't compare him with Buffon because to me it is not fair. It is like to say, Mr. X is a great scientist but he hasn't contribute anything but he has the potential and brain for it. You need to have a ground to compare things in life. So to me, for a person who almost spend all his life in Iran league (which sucks compared to European leagues) and few games against big teams in national team, how I can compare him with one of the best keepers in the world, possibly ever. So you are making a point based on emotions not based on facts. I hope that makes sense.
I totally agree with you , and I kind of mention that in my post that Buffon has acomplished a lot more . No comparison between the two there at all ...

My comment was regarding pure goalkeeping technique and attitude in the game that I draw similarities between the two and I draw your attention to the one of the saves that Hejazi made and asked you to analyze it ... and he has made many jaw dropping saves in his club and international careers similar to that .

Hejazi's career was more had ending like a tragedy while Buffon is becoming a fairy tale .

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Kasra jan of course I want Iran and Nasser to win without hesitation .

which one is better ?

I can not say which one is better ,experience wise Buffon has been playing against better teams and more competitive football matches and has the edge , but Hejazi also showed he had no problems playing against the best in the world .Technique and attitude they are on par , I don't know for sure but I got a feeling Nasser was faster in his movements while Buffon has more reach as he was taller .
I agree with what you said but it is tough to compare players from different eras. Hejazi and Buffon played in different eras. Back in Nasser Hejazi's time, if you had a major injury, such as an ACL tear, that was a usually a career ending injury. That is not the case today. An American football player, Adrian Peterson, tore his ACL a few years ago and he rehabbed in less than like 6 months. The following year, he rushed for almost 2,000 yards. If that was a running back from the old era, that would have been the end of this career. What I am trying to say is we have better facilities/training and science/medicine improved since then. Also, no disrespect to Nasser Hejazi but GG Buffon did it all. Of course Buffon had a better team, let's be real Italy is better than Iran, even if you want to use Iran's 70s teams. The guy won a euro, a CL and a WC.

Too bad GG Buffon could not get that CL again but he accomplished so much during his career. Again, this is not a shot at Nasser Hejazi but GG Buffo> Hejazi. There is one goal keeper I see who can POSSIBLY MATCH GG, if he stays healthy and that is Neuer. We need to take our Iranian glasses off here and analyze this unbiased. Comparing Buffon to Hejazi is like comparing two basketball players from different eras, say Steph Curry or Michael Jordan. Well Jordan and Curry played in different eras with different rules.

Feb 4, 2005
You can not really compare two players in the same position/role in terms of achievements when they play in different countries that are world apart in term of quality of the game. At best you can say what they achieve in their respective countries (Taj v. Juventus, Asia v. Europe). There is probably no great Asian players that can be compared to their top European counterparts (specially back in 70s when the clubs usually hired players from their own country) and Hejazi is no exception. However, and hypothetically if he was born in Italy or England or Germany then he would be known worldwide.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
You can not really compare two players in the same position/role in terms of achievements when they play in different countries that are world apart in term of quality of the game. At best you can say what they achieve in their respective countries (Taj v. Juventus, Asia v. Europe). There is probably no great Asian players that can be compared to their top European counterparts (specially back in 70s when the clubs usually hired players from their own country) and Hejazi is no exception. However, and hypothetically if he was born in Italy or England or Germany then he would be known worldwide.
Also, don't forget that Nasser Hejazi was a pioneer for Asian football players. I believe he was the first Asian player to play in Europe, in the Bundesliga! He should get credit for that because he paved the way for other Asian players. However, you cannot compare an Asian player to a top flight European or South American player. Also, I pointed out that they played in different eras and I am sure they had much more different rules. I am sure you were allowed to be much more physical on defense back then. Like I said, it is like comparing two basketball players, Michael Jordan and Stephen Curry, from different eras. The only thing they had on common was they played the same position, same with GG Buffon and Hejazi. However, like I said, Hejazi was a pioneer and he paved the way for other players. I am also certain that if we did not have that ban in the 80s, we would of sent more players to Europe. After Hejazi we needed to wait until Ali Daei, he was the next one who paved the way for Iranians to play in Europe but he was the next generation. Anyways, Hejazi's accomplishments are not to be taken lightly but like you said, you cannot compare an Iranian player to a top Euro or South American player. Actually, when I think about it it is not like comparing Michael Jordan to Stephen Curry because at least both of them were/are top American players. It is like comparing Stephen Curry to some good European basketball player(not someone playing in the NBA like Dirk). You really can't compare the two. It is like trying to compare a 4 door sedan to a truck.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
You are saying kind of what I am saying .

we can't compare Juventus and Italy to Taj and team melli ,even in the 70s they were planets apart .

I was just comparing their ability as a goalkeepers , as we know goalkeeping is about shot stopping ,interception of the ball in the box and sometimes even outside the box .about being smart and anticipate well and make the right decision with perfect timing most of the time ,about staying calm and composed and lead your defenders in front of you as goalie is the one standing behind the rest of the team and watching it on wide screen .

It is about having a great physique and agility and speed in your movement ,like a fast car from 0 to your maximum velocity as fast as possible like a sparrow and being fast to recover yourself and be ready for the next move .

To me both keepers have that ability ,Buffon plays against the best in the world and you see even he sometimes lets in 3-4 goals that are unstoppable ,Hejazi also proved he has the nerves and ability to play against the best in the world showing the same kind of attitude as if he was playing in the local league ,as you read what Arie Haan said in the post that Kasra contributed.

shame he could not play for United ,he would have made a bigger name for himself in the world of football.

A goalie that saves a shot from his own foot has to be something special !

he went to his right on the floor saving the shot with his foot , the ball flew off his leg in a curve heading for underneath the bar in the opposite direction to where he fell and he was up in no time and knew where he had to go and went there in a dive and punched the ball over the bar and landed and rolled over in the goal !

Looks easy ? have you ever seen it done before ?

Gholamreza Fathabadi recently in an interview said Ali parvin next day in training made Perspolis keepers try that out and acoarding to him they trid it about 100 times and coudn't do it once ,

Lucky for us he was born in Iran but if he was born in Europe then as you said ...

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
Lev Jasjin, Gordon Banks, Dino Zoff, René Higuita, Oliver Kahn, Bruce Grobbelaar, Peter Schmeichel and Gianluigi Buffon you can all park it outside and wait in the line, cuz here I am!
Check out the second save, what a black cat!

[video=youtube;VP-q5MOqEVY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP-q5MOqEVY[/video]