Gas Stations...

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
It seems like Gas Stations at least here in Florida are constantly changing hands - and I am not talking about the local owner/operators, I am talking about the companies which produce and distribute the petrolium. Just a couple of years ago, here in Florida, it seemed that every other gas station was a CitGo owned by Venezuela....now it is all either Dutch Shell or British/Arab BP. I don't know how it is in other states (Guys in Texas, I especially wish to know how it is over there and how it has changed) but I can hardly find any Gas Stations that sells American produced petrol such as Texaco, Exxon,....!!
What is going on? How are things in California? I have my theory, but since I do not wish for the thread to be derailed will wait to get what I need first !!
Again - the above was just plain observation on my part.....will wait to see if others have similar observations.

To local stalkers....the fact that you can't wait to go do your "searches" is enough for me that I have done my job!! lol Here is a search suggestion: Which oil company supplies most gas stations in....

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
So you are my latest intern!!!
I hope if you get paid - all the money ends up being spent on medical expenses - and I do not mean on psyco analysis !!! lol
hang in there babe

Dabir

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
yes,it is all very funny.

People responsible for "all the pains and miseries Iran and Iranians",according to you.

This kid is only 14.sorry.he was 14.he is dead now.he is responsible for all the pains in iran.

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
Mr. Dabir

800 post over 8 years and now suddenly an average of 5 posts a day.
Yes, you are outraged on what happened in Norway, we get it. Most of us are outraged and saddened by it as well. You are also not happy with a comment that Masoud made about this event. We all get that.

You made your point and I think you were and are quite clear about it.

So now, you can stop spamming every single thread here and repeat what you have been saying over the last few days. There are enough spammers on this board , no need to add one more.

Aug 27, 2005
Band e 209
AghA Masoud,

Being an oil & gas state Texas is little different, Exxon/Mobil, Conoco/Philips and Valero + regional Chevron/Texaco headquarters are all in Texas (mostly in Houston and vicinity) so their gas stations are dominant around here. Valero which is a pure Texan oil Corp. is spreading like wild fire and has taken over majority of Citgo and after 2005 BP explosion in Texas City their gas stations are almost non-existent but Shell is still doing just fine with good reputation for quality and costumer service.

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
Thanx Motori jaan - Good to know
Thank god for Texas - still independant from foreign influences!!!

Thanx Shahin jaan for doing what the ISP admin is supposed to do. ISn't what this guy is doing trolling?
BTW we have all been here for a long time - I don't remember ever seeing ANY one of Dabir 800 posts!!! must have all been in other forums.......

Dabir

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Mr. Dabir

800 post over 8 years and now suddenly an average of 5 posts a day.
Yes, you are outraged on what happened in Norway, we get it. Most of us are outraged and saddened by it as well. You are also not happy with a comment that Masoud made about this event. We all get that.

You made your point and I think you were and are quite clear about it.

So now, you can stop spamming every single thread here and repeat what you have been saying over the last few days. There are enough spammers on this board , no need to add one more.
aghaye mohtaram,

you raise a valid point,and allow me to explain.

i have been around for many year(more than the 8 years that you mentioned).due to the nature of my work,i cant make many posts,but tend to read comments,and have learned so much in the 10 years that i have been around.

i have never had an exchange with this guy until this week,but his behavior is shocking.

i dont know how long you have been on isp.i remember when 7/11 happened,one very respected member here came and said americans deserved this attack.that person was attacked so badly here that they had to take leave,and only came back several months later,with an apology.

at the same time,can you tell me what would have happened to sympathizers of 7/11 attackers?

what happened last week in norway was their 7/11.you have lunatics in every country,and you expect these things to happen from time to time.My problem is that this individual on isp made a post when the full picture was not known yet.as the hours past the muddy picture became clearer.but this individual on isp continues to show disrespect to the families of the death.

look at his absurd claim today:
I hold Norway-Hiolland-England and several other N. Europe kingdoms responsible for all the pains and miseries Iran and Iranians have gone through.. hence, I have no tears to shed for Norway...
i repeat my question.what would have happened in america to anyone who had supported the 7/11 attackers?they would have been beaten and jailed(if not killed by the people).so why should this individual on isp to be able to get away with what he is saying?

look at the pictures of those who died. most of them were teenagers.were they at fault for the misery in iran?

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
lool at 7/11
This guy is a fraud - BTW Mr. Dabir, You have not had ANY exchanges with me yet - what you have done so far was just plain trolling.
What I said about Norway was that "I had no more tears to shed" - not that I was happy or not saddened over the news - fool

Dear Motori & Meyti
Have you guys seen any BP or Shall stations recently in Texas? Did you have any Citgo stations over the last decade? Florida was all Citgo 10 years ago - now there is none.

beystr 2.0

Bench Warmer
Jul 9, 2006
Maoud jon..are u sure gas sold by Texaco or Exxon is a product refined in U.S.A.? .may be it is..just asking..

I remember back in the days when I bought my 1st sport car...they used to say Chevron is the best quality gas...some were Union 76 fans...I don't know if there is still such a thing as best gas..may be it is..we , sure as hell, wouldn't know about it here in Iran.

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
i repeat my question.what would have happened in america to anyone who had supported the 7/11 attackers?they would have been beaten and jailed(if not killed by the people).so why should this individual on isp to be able to get away with what he is saying?
I don't think Masoud has supported the action of this low life in any of his posts BUT that is even irrelevant.
Get away or ... is quite meaningless when you are in the message board.

I think you agree with me when I say that the focus should be on this tragedy and its victims and not specific individuals here on ISP.

That being said, You are free to do what you want but your repeated posts under every related and UNRELATED thread by Masoud, is making you look like a spammer and is actually, in my opinion, detrimental to what you are trying to achieve ( unless your goal is to spam the board) and also takes away the focus from the victims of this tragedy and one can even say is disrespectful toward them.

That is all ...

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
Amoo bey
SW Texas and SE Lousiana are full of refineries.......I know Exxon has refineries in California and even Montana......Yes they do process crude oil.

Aug 27, 2005
Band e 209
lool at 7/11
This guy is a fraud - BTW Mr. Dabir, You have not had ANY exchanges with me yet - what you have done so far was just plain trolling.
What I said about Norway was that "I had no more tears to shed" - not that I was happy or not saddened over the news - fool

Dear Motori & Meyti
Have you guys seen any BP or Shall stations recently in Texas? Did you have any Citgo stations over the last decade? Florida was all Citgo 10 years ago - now there is none.
AghA Masoud,

The Largest BP refinery in N. America is located about 35 miles from me and 2 back to back catastrophic accidents seriously tarnished BP's image in Gulf Coast area, the 2005 Texas City refinery and 2010 BP Gulf of Mexico deep water oil rig explosions which the latter was categorized as greatest environmental disaster in history of the U.S.

The tarnished image did not spread out b/c of the accident itself, it was direct result of mismanagement in BP part. The 1.5 million people who were inevitably effected by Horizon Oil Rig explosion did not appreciate watching back then CEO of BP addressing the disaster from a gulf course.

No one directly advocated boycotting BP but people around Gulf Coast (Texas, Louisiana and Mississippi) did not feel comfortable taking their business to BP pumps so eventually gas station were sold to other Brands or independent owners. It was interesting to see passers by giving dirty looks to those who were filling up their tanks in BP stations.

As I said in previous post Shell has always been up and running and doing very well in Texas and as a matter of fact Shell poses serious competition to other major brands. Valero is doing better than Shell and that is b/c they always have the cheapest price among brand names, but since Valero is a Texas only Corp. I don't believe Shell will pay any attention to their regional success.

Aug 27, 2005
Band e 209
Maoud jon..are u sure gas sold by Texaco or Exxon is a product refined in U.S.A.? .may be it is..just asking..

I remember back in the days when I bought my 1st sport car...they used to say Chevron is the best quality gas...some were Union 76 fans...I don't know if there is still such a thing as best gas..may be it is..we , sure as hell, wouldn't know about it here in Iran.
Amoo Bey,
Looking at their massive refineries which covers over 6000 sq. miles I would say yes they refine it in U.S, but don't take my word for it though.:D

Considering majority of U.S oil import coming from Canada and Mexico then economically would not make sense to send the crude over transoceanic trip to refine it some where else then bring it back again.

The oil which Exxon refines out side of the U.S mostly is for European market which is being sold under the name Esso.

Khorus

National Team Player
Oct 25, 2002
CA
The only changes I have seen in CA in recent years is that Mobil got bought out by BP, who was then replaced with Valero. Right now, we have a lot of Chevron, Shell, Valero adnd 76 around with the usual no name gas stations sprinkled in between. We used to have some Texaco and Exxon, but don't see any of those any more.

Aug 27, 2005
Band e 209
The only changes I have seen in CA in recent years is that Mobil got bought out by BP, who was then replaced with Valero. Right now, we have a lot of Chevron, Shell, Valero adnd 76 around with the usual no name gas stations sprinkled in between. We used to have some Texaco and Exxon, but don't see any of those any more.
IIRC Exxon and Mobil merged in late 1990s. BP bought Amco and part the Gulf oil and the remaining emerged as Chevron.

http://www.exxonmobil.com/Corporate/